Woman killed while crossing Thepkrasattri Rd

webfact

1619752639_1-org.jpg

Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

By Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: A woman was killed when she was struck by a pickup truck while she was crossing Thepkrasattri Rd in Srisoonthorn last night (Apr 29).

Thalang Police Deputy Chief Lt Col Sanit Nukhong was called to the scene, on the southbound lanes about 500 metres north of the Heroines Monument, at about 7:50pm. 

Police together with rescue workers from Pa Khlok Municipality arrived to find the body of Atika Dolraman, 28, originally from Songkhla, on the road. 

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/woman-killed-while-crossing-thepkrasattri-rd-79842.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2021-04-30

• Sad 3

10 minutes ago, RobU said:

I hope we don't get the usual victim bashing which seems prevalent on this forum. Trying to blame her for crossing the road.

So are you suggesting that the driver was at fault because the women stepped out in front of his vehicle?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

As usual the article has not much information.

If the driver wasn't speeding and the lights of his vehicle worked then it seems to be likely that the woman made a fatal mistake.

If on the other hand the driver was too fast and/or the lights of his vehicle didn't work then it is likely he is, at least in part, responsible.

Summary: We don't know who is to blame and we shouldn't blame anybody without proper information.

I agree and that is what I meant. Too many people make assumptions or are just plain vicious in their commentary

• Like 1