Expats getting a Covid-19 vaccine in Pattaya for dummies with emphasis on expats outside the Thai system

Jingthing

14 minutes ago, TaaSaparot said:

Migrant workers should be a priority over Expats IMO.

They live and work in close proximity to each other, but expats are mainly older retirees, and this virus has has mainly killed the elderly.  

If they vaccinate migrant workers before elderly expats, it's only because the migrant workers have contact with Thai's in the work place.  

Expat vaccinations mentioned again in the context of the June 7 date.

No updates at all regarding Chonburi province expats. 

As yet we don't have the name of any local hospital that will accept registrations for those without records. Online or not.

As before the start date for registration at a local hospital that does have your records is June 7.

This begs the question of if/when a Pattaya area hospital(s) for the no records crowd will be announced.

Edited by Jingthing

5 hours ago, Jingthing said:

This begs the question of if/when a Pattaya area hospital(s) for the no records crowd will be announced.

Surely, almost all long-term expats in Pattaya will have used one or other of the local private hospitals at some stage? I've used Bangkok Hospital many times and have a plastic card with my registration number on it, I assume that means they have "my records"?

BHP had a deeply flawed system in that every individual doctor kept their own records of what ailed you and how it was treated, but your general medical information like allergies and chronic conditions weren't shared, so there was no central file with your "records" on it as far as I could tell. Perhaps that's changed now, I don't know, but if they find they don't have a full record of your health then it's their own fault.

13 minutes ago, Guderian said:

Surely, almost all long-term expats in Pattaya will have used one or other of the local private hospitals at some stage? I've used Bangkok Hospital many times and have a plastic card with my registration number on it, I assume that means they have "my records"?

BHP had a deeply flawed system in that every individual doctor kept their own records of what ailed you and how it was treated, but your general medical information like allergies and chronic conditions weren't shared, so there was no central file with your "records" on it as far as I could tell. Perhaps that's changed now, I don't know, but if they find they don't have a full record of your health then it's their own fault.

I have no records on file with any hospital.  Tomorrow I have an appointment for a flu shot at Jomtien Hospital which is a member of BDMS and Bangkok Hospital Pattaya.  When I booked the appointment I specifically asked if my newly established medical record would be shared with BHP and was told that yes it would be. 

I was candid about scheduling this flu shot so that I could register for Covid vaccination beginning on June 7 and was advised that my records would be on file at BHP and meet those requirements.

As far as Covid vaccine registration goes, I think that all that is important is that you are in someway in the hospital's record keeping system in some way.  So if, as you claim,  doctors at BHP keep their own records of treatment separate from the hospital's records, I don't think that would preclude you from registered for Covid vaccination.

Furthermore, I kind of doubt that the hospital would not have your complete records.  Maybe, as you say, that might have been the policy in the distant past, but not today with everything in health care being so computer based.  I mean, as far as billing and insurance goes, not to mention health history goes, it would just not make sense for the hospital to not have a complete set of a patient's records on file.

Edited by WaveHunter

2 hours ago, Guderian said:

I suspect they are linked, and linked maybe between hospitals. The insurance companies use the information!

3 hours ago, WaveHunter said:

Also, your post is kind of misleading since the story only refers to the Chulabhorn Royal Academy who will only be distributing the vaccine to specified organizations, not necessarily private hospitals, which is what most expats are interested in. 

Private hospitals are businesses here.  The use of the term "organizations" can be quite broad.  Maybe it includes Thai companies that are private hospitals.   

Referring to this article.

https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/ddc-focus-vaccines-on-70-in-bangkok-before-provinces

So what's the begining registration date?

June 7 or June 14?

The article is not only about Bangkok. Provinces are mentioned too.

Other relevant items.

Provinces have been tasked with developing their own provincial online registration tool to replace the defunct national one.

Chonburi, what about that?

No mention of expat access for those tools such as English or acceptance of passports.

There will be no national priority policy such as high risk always earlier. That will be up to the provinces depending on the situation in each province.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Rimmer said:

A post with a link to BKK Post has been removed also a reply

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Apologies for the confusion, but have I got this right?

BKK Posts links can not be posted, but plagarist articles lifted from the BKK Post are okay?

Hmm, I just noticed in the article I linked to that it says this:

"Foreigners are urged to contact their local government hospital to register. "

Is that perhaps why BHP isn't showing anything on its website, only government hospitals are registering people at the moment?

On 5/31/2021 at 5:15 PM, Guderian said:

Hmm, I just noticed in the article I linked to that it says this:

"Foreigners are urged to contact their local government hospital to register. "

Is that perhaps why BHP isn't showing anything on its website, only government hospitals are registering people at the moment?

Who knows? I don't. But I will say as I posted before a report from a credible source that BHP intends to have some kind of ONLINE registration thingie going by June 7 or some days after.

But that of course could have changed because of the more recent reports of vaccine shortages. But couldn't they register and set jabs for later?

More questions than answers as usual?

A locally very relevant and totally UNSUCCESFUL account of an attempt to register in person at a local public hospital. But I wonder if he should have waited until June 7 to try that.

This is getting really not ha ha funny. We're supposedly being URGED to register, so why is that so freakin' hard to do?!?

Edited by Jingthing

8 hours ago, TaaSaparot said:

E2ztZB4VcAMjhHn?format=jpg&name=large

I'd say they are in the Thai system by nature of their employment/employer ?  Plus it says they are actually getting their vaccination in Bangkok,  not seeing the relevance to the Pattaya situation and expats per the thread title ?

Reports elsewhere on TV of farangs being able to register for a Moderna vaccination at a Thonburi hospital in October, they claim to have permission to import the vaccine. Cost is 2,000 Baht/shot plus 500 Baht doctor's fee, so more like 5,000 Baht for the full course rather than the 3,000 promised earlier. Still, it's a lot better than the leftover Sinovac being offered to foreigners in Phuket, lol. I'm not aware of a Thonburi hospital on the Eastern Seaboard, is there one? And if they can get permission to import the vaccine, then why can't the Bangkok hospitals?

15 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Who knows? I don't. But I will say as I posted before a report from a credible source that BHP intends to have some kind of ONLINE registration thingie going by June 7 or some days after.

But that of course could have changed because of the more recent reports of vaccine shortages. But couldn't they register and set jabs for later?

More questions than answers as usual?

This whole public registration process is turning into one gigantic FIASCO!  

The government keeps urging foreigners to register and has plainly started that any foreigner with medical records on file with a hospital should register through their own hospital, yet when I have queried the hospital that holds my records, they seem completely in the dark of any such registration process, and are not even aware of what the CCSA is!

Sadly I must conclude that the CCSA seems to be only acting in a public relations capacity as far as the foreigner registration goes.  I mean, if my doctor, and the hospital administrator I spoke with know nothing about the CCSA or the June 7 date for registration and could only suggest that I watch their website for updates...something is seriously wrong!

As of today (5 days to go to June 7), there is no mention of registration AT ALL on the BPH website.

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Thanks 1

On 5/26/2021 at 2:25 AM, Jingthing said:

OK now.

I have a relevant report.

It is not my report.

It is a summary of a credible person's report.

In normal times, people might wonder at the value of reports like this.

These aren't normal times. 

I think we take information clues and crumbs that we can get.

Summary

Bangkok Hospital Pattaya

Will take registrations online

The idea is to prevent the need for people to visit to register

They may or may not be ready to do that by June 7, the official date that was announced nationality. But they expect to be have it online that date or not too long after that date.

Not reported: Is this going to be one of the local hospitals to be designated to take registrations from people not on record with them already?

Important Current Update!

Same credible source. 

This update presumably supercedes the above report. 

Bangkok Pattaya Hospital 

Summary

Vaccine service for foreigners there not yet available 

The government has announced registration for expats.

However vaccine quotas for Chonburi not done 

So BPH can NOT take registrations for vaccine appointments.

They WILL take names to add to an email list for later contact

------

OMG, here we go again. Back to hurry up and wait.

• Like 1

With only two days to go before foreigners SHOULD be able to register for vaccination, and still there is absolutely no definitive information on how to do it, this is extremely troubling!

For BHP to refuse to take registrations is a violation of the CCSA directive that all foreigners with records on file should register through their hospital ON OR AFTER JUNE 7. 

"Registration" is just a fancy word for being put on a waiting list, so for a hospital to say they can not do this becuase vaccine quotas for Chonburi have not yet been determined is ridiculous since that has no bearing at all on assembling a waiting list!

We'll see what happens on Monday June 7, but if

• BHP still has no registration policy in place for those of us who have our records on file with them,
  • If the website ThailandIntervac.com is not allowing foreigner registration or even having a message page about it,
  • If the CCSA's Monday briefing remains as vague on foreigner registration as they have been for the last two weeks...

If these things happen and we are denied from even being put on a waiting list, then I think it will pretty obvious that all of us expats are being played BIG TIME!  All of the 'happy face" announcements have been nothing more than public relations BS to placate us.  I really hope that is not the case, but Monday should be a pretty telling day for sure!

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Guderian said:

Does anyone else feel somewhat less-than-inspired by this? 

That's putting it too politely. We're getting jerked around as if getting jerked around is going out of style.

Edited by Jingthing

Latest CCSA briefing for Saturday June 5 addressed foreigner's concerns and questions regarding vaccine supply chain and vaccination schemes aimed at foreigners.  While STILL not specifically addressing the June 7th registration date, it did provide some useful information even if it smells very much like propaganda, I have to say.  Still, it's worth looking at.

See it here; the discussion begins at 8:00 minutes into the video:  

Edited by WaveHunter

12 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

Latest CCSA briefing for Saturday June 5 addressed foreigner's concerns and questions regarding vaccine supply chain and vaccination schemes aimed at foreigners.  While STILL not specifically addressing the June 7th registration date, it did provide some useful information even if it smells very much like propaganda, I have to say.  Still, it's worth looking at.

See it here; the discussion begins at 8:00 minutes into the video:  

I'll watch it with interest but as before I think we've learned don't believe any pronouncements unless and until they actually become real.