Expats getting a Covid-19 vaccine in Pattaya for dummies with emphasis on expats outside the Thai system

Jingthing

1 minute ago, WaveHunter said:

That's amazing!  Thanks for sharing.  I say it's amazing becuase the CCSA adamantly stated that absolutely no foreigners would be vaccinated during the month of June.  It just proves that nothing is etched in stone here in the Magic Kingdom.  That is usually a big negative most of the time, but in your case it was a big Positive!

So good to hear GOOD news every once in a while with this situation, so thanks again for posting.  ????

Yes but in case anyone doesn't already know that tool for the purpose of new registrations is finished. 

17 minutes ago, spetersen said:

100% Vaccination Success at Pattaya Memorial Hospital. I registered May 3 on Mor Prom App (over 60 and with Pink ID card) got an appointment call on Saturday for vaccination today June 7 instead of June 9...

I'm curious how you ended up getting vaccinated at a private hospital (PMH) through the MorProm app instead of a public hospital such as Bangkok Hospital Pattaya (which is the only designated hospital on the InterVac list).  It is just another confusing aspect of all of this.  Do you have any ideas on this?

521391299_snapshot_2021-06-07at12_46_38PM.jpg.04d59ea1eadee31ec27cca68d4e2628c.jpg

Edited by WaveHunter

3 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

I'm curious how you ended up getting vaccinated at a private hospital (PMH) through the MorProm app instead of a public hospital such as Bangkok Hospital Pattaya (which is the only designated hospital on the InterVac list).  It is just another confusing aspect of all of this.  Do you have any ideas on this?

521391299_snapshot_2021-06-07at12_46_38PM.jpg.04d59ea1eadee31ec27cca68d4e2628c.jpg

Well I'm as surprised as you are , pure luck I believe, until yesterday I thought Pattaya Memorial was government hospital. Maybe this was a test run from there side to check the logistics...

3 minutes ago, spetersen said:

Well I'm as surprised as you are , pure luck I believe, until yesterday I thought Pattaya Memorial was government hospital. Maybe this was a test run from there side to check the logistics...

Anything is possible in the "Magic" Kingdom I guess ????  Thanks again though for posting; it gave my day a positive boost to hear something good for a change!

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Like 2

So, http://www.thailandintervac.com/ is now up and running!

I just registered ????

The only confusing part was a data field asking me to list "organization" which had no drop down menu and no explanation.  If I left it blank, it would not let me proceed, so I entered "self".  Perhaps I should have written "not applicable" ??.  Anyway, it accepted it.

The next page showed my newly created "account",

599441892_snapshot_2021-06-07at2_30_53PM.jpg.ca59acf1280e1a41c0a7fd5b4f2d8f03.jpg

Clicking the "check eligibility" button I got this:

1048435562_snapshot_2021-06-07at2_18_46PM.jpg.e9396e35ee518be56b574b17afa358ed.jpg

I have no idea why 01 JAN 1970 appears and hope it is not another screw up, but I now wait anxiously to get an email as it says in the Status comment at the bottom.

Never a dull moment LOL!

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Like 2

On 6/6/2021 at 12:32 PM, WaveHunter said:

No offence intended but it is your completely unfounded opinions and non-objective, emotional remarks that are promoting undue concerns in this thread.  You should just chill out with all of this inflammatory nonsense!

It seems to me that your intention is to derail this thread since your comments have nothing to do foreigner registration for vaccination.  There are other threads far more suitable for you to share your personal views of international politics!

Good distraction, it seems to me that your intention is to deflect from the paranoia among foreigners over the vaccine.

I as a foreigner was vaccinated this morning and I didn't do anything that wasn't open to many others, if they looked beyond the prejudice.

10 minutes ago, sandyf said:

Good distraction, it seems to me that your intention is to deflect from the paranoia among foreigners over the vaccine.

I as a foreigner was vaccinated this morning and I didn't do anything that wasn't open to many others, if they looked beyond the prejudice.

Glad to hear you got your vaccination this morning.  How about helping others looking to book theirs with useful input instead of doom and gloom, and off topic political rants.  That's all I'm saying.

As of today, starting about one hour ago, all foreigners 60 and over can now register online for vaccination with only their passport numbers through the Government's Ministry of Public Health.  How about talking about stuff like that, instead of your off-topic views on corrupt government?

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, WaveHunter said:

That is exactly what I would do.  This whole online registration system is so screwed up that I think it's safer to re-register, since the CCSA never made it clear whether foreigners who used the MorProm app would still be registered, even though they said foreigners would not receive vaccinations in June.

Remember, the registration is actually a "waiting list" so I would assume bookings will be on a first come / first served basis.

The Mor Phrom was a 2 stage process, first step was to register, either yourself or by a hospital. Once registered and deemed eligible you could then make an appointment using the calendar facility.

You would be advised by a message on the app regarding the appointment, confirmed or postponed. If you have an appointment on Mor Phrom, other entities making appointments will be aware of the Mor Phrom appointment.

Several on the this forum that made appointments with Mor Phrom will be vaccinated today.

12 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

How about talking about stuff like that, instead of your off-topic views on corrupt government?

Which planet have you been on? This forum is riddled with views and self serving opinion on corrupt government, and it is certainly not coming from me.

1 minute ago, sandyf said:

The Mor Phrom was a 2 stage process, first step was to register, either yourself or by a hospital. Once registered and deemed eligible you could then make an appointment using the calendar facility.

You would be advised by a message on the app regarding the appointment, confirmed or postponed. If you have an appointment on Mor Phrom, other entities making appointments will be aware of the Mor Phrom appointment.

Several on the this forum that made appointments with Mor Phrom will be vaccinated today.

...and many who have already posting here today are being denied!  What purpose does it serve to even discuss MorProm any more.  IT IS NO LONGER A MEANS TO REGISTER FOR FOREIGNERS! 

Any well informed person knows this already, but less informed people are only going to be confused and distracted by your posts about MorProms!  You're not helping anyone!

For the less informed, if you want to register for vaccination and are 60 or older, go to the Ministry of Public Health's website to do it at:  http://www.thailandintervac.com/  All you need is your passport number.  Easy Peasy!

5 minutes ago, sandyf said:

Which planet have you been on? This forum is riddled with views and self serving opinion on corrupt government, and it is certainly not coming from me.

That's no excuse for you to add to the confusion! All that you accomplish is to derail this thread; one that a lot of anxious people are relying on for actionable guidance!

Edited by WaveHunter

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Yes but in case anyone doesn't already know that tool for the purpose of new registrations is finished. 

...but we should all be happy that the Ministry of Public Health has now replaced it with a working online registration site...that is actually working as of 2pm today at http://www.thailandintervac.com/ 

I am now registered, and can hardly believe it!  Thailand has a very strange sort of "trial and error" way of accomplishing things (at least in the eyes of us foreigners) but somehow it usually works out in the end.

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Like 1

I just got this email notice from the US Embassy.  Most of the information, we already know but it's nice to see it corroborated by my embassy, so I'm posting it, for what ts; worth (double click on image to read clearly):

1004386697_snapshot_2021-06-07at3_34_10PM.jpg.1d70128785b92ba8fb391d752b069fc9.jpg

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, WaveHunter said:

I just registered ????

The only confusing part was a data field asking me to list "organization" which had no drop down menu and no explanation.  If I left it blank, it would not let me proceed, so I entered "self".  Perhaps I should have written "not applicable" ??.  Anyway, it accepted it.

599441892_snapshot_2021-06-07at2_30_53PM.jpg.ca59acf1280e1a41c0a7fd5b4f2d8f03.jpg

1048435562_snapshot_2021-06-07at2_18_46PM.jpg.e9396e35ee518be56b574b17afa358ed.jpg

I have no idea why 01 JAN 1970 appears and hope it is not another screw up, but I now wait anxiously to get an email as it says in the Status comment at the bottom.

Never a dull moment LOL!

i got the same as you just now 1st jan 1970 ,seems we missed our appointment,lol when it asked for organization i put marriage .

1 hour ago, sandyf said:

i got a message yesterday saying as they have no vaccine so i will be allocated another date ,should have been the 9th, samitavit

i have now registered on mor prom and on thailandintervac.com fingers crossed

Edited by ivor bigun
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, ivor bigun said:

i got the same as you just now 1st jan 1970 ,seems we missed our appointment,lol when it asked for organization i put marriage .

I'm really confused why that field is even there.  I think they just re-worked the old registration template used for Diplomats, teachers, etc, where an "organization" field would have been important, and forgot to remove it.  I mean all foreigners who are now applying through it are probable not associated with any organizations.

On 5/1/2021 at 7:04 AM, Swiss1960 said:

When I said "same as the Thai people" I did mean same as the Thai people who don't have a smart phone and therefore will walk into the next hospital (for Pattay probably Pattaya City on Bhuakow / Sai Saam, Memorial on Pattaya Klang / Sai Song or Bangkok Hospital on Sukhumvit) and start to ask. As you said yourself, if the app currently requires a Thai-ID, then you are out of luck using it. Going into a hospital for registration is the officially proposed second way by the Thai government - except of course, when you are too busy with other things?

For your point about specific info for Pattaya: Since the government ist currently tightly controlling the vaccines / vaccine programs and since they clearly announce that registration starts in May and vaccination starting on 7 June for people older than 60 or with medical conditions.  Registration for people 18-59 starts in July with vaccinations starting August. There CAN NOT BE any Pattaya specific information, as all is currently "under construction" by the central government. 

With regards to vaccine, the government also clearly outlined, that currently they import vaccines for health workers / tourist area workers and those people mainly will receive CoronaVac (from Sinovac), as the 50'000 imported Astra Zeneca shots would have been used by "other" people. According to government info, June is the availability date for the first shots of Astra Zeneca from Siam Bioscience.

Someone I know when to Pattaya City Hospital today to "manually" register but was turned away with "not know" when or if expats can register there. 

4 minutes ago, sghanchey said:

Someone I know when to Pattaya City Hospital today to "manually" register but was turned away with "not know" when or if expats can register there. 

That was my intention too, but then I thought I'd leave it a few days. 

Might be more than a few days. 

2 hours ago, WaveHunter said:

I just registered ????

Never a dull moment LOL!

Yeah me too.

Hurry up and wait.

Yet again. 

32 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Yeah me too.

Hurry up and wait.

Yet again. 

I think things are becoming different now; momentum is starting to ramp up.  According to the CCSA briefing today, there are now 986 vaccines distribution centers active in today's rollout across Thailand, and during the first two hours of today's rollout, around 143,000 jabs were given. 

That's over 71,000 jabs per hour.  If true, that's pretty impressive!  It would mean that In an 8 hour day, that's over a half million jabs per day throughout the country.

If this is sustained, herd immunity through vaccination is a lot closer than most of us would have believed possible,

Plus, with the addition of private hospitals participating, and the government negotiations going on now for additional vaccines from Pfizer and J&J, I don;t think it's unreasonable to see 70% of the population becoming vaccinated before the end of the year, and perhaps even sooner.

Edited by WaveHunter

51 minutes ago, pontious said:

I put 'none' - accepted.

I think "none" would have been the best answer.  I wish I had used that instead of "self", but in all truth I think that field was just leftover from the previous template used for diplomat registration and they forgot to remove it from what's now being used for individuals.  So, it probably doesn't matter what you fill into that field.

Edited by WaveHunter

1 minute ago, WaveHunter said:

I think things are becoming different now; momentum is starting to ramp up.  According to the CCSA briefing today, there are now 986 vaccines distribution centers active in today's rollout across Thailand, and during the first two hours of today's rollout, around 143,000 jabs were given. 

That's over 71,000 jabs per hour.  If true, that's pretty impressive!  It would mean that In an 8 hour day, that's over a half million jabs per day throughout the country.

If this is sustained, herd immunity through vaccination is a lot closer than most of us would have believed possible.

Still have no idea when I or all the other expats getting dates in 1970 will actually be invited to join this so called herd.

Also note Bangkok Pattaya Hospital was on the list but showing no availability. 

2 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

I think "none" would have been the best answer.  I wish I had used that instead of "self", but in all truth I think that field was just leftover from the previous template used for diplomat registration and they forgot to remove it from what's now being used for individuals.

I put retired. None is probably better but I don't really think that it makes any difference. 

12 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Still have no idea when I or all the other expats getting dates in 1970 will actually be invited to join this so called herd.

If anything was proven with the opening of the ThailandIntervac site today, it's just that Thailand is not very good at pre-announcing when something is going to happen; you just have to wait for them to do it, but in the end they seem to keep their promise.

Edited by WaveHunter

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

The people I have spoken today, have got a vaccination date, but they are having to go to Bangkok.