Expats getting a Covid-19 vaccine in Pattaya for dummies with emphasis on expats outside the Thai system

Jingthing

In Pattaya we'll definitely take one hospital getting this to happen for expats. That would be ever so much better than zero hospitals. 

The one to watch starting June  7 is Bangkok Pattaya Hospital as its listed on the Intervac site. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

Pleasing news by sms today that my registration for vaccine has been successful so it looks like my application has been accepted and expats on Samui will be notified a date when vaccine becomes available

Screenshot_20210606-133335_Firefox.jpg

Edited by Tmoney
Typo

4 minutes ago, Tmoney said:

Pleasing news by sms today that my registration for vaccine has been successful so it looks like my application has been accepted and expats on Samui will be notified a date when vaccine becomes available

This is a Pattaya area specific topic.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

The Samui SMS is interesting as it mentions 'passed immigration check', does this mean they check the info you provide against the Immigration Dept info held against your passport number? As that info includes status (ie retirement extension etc..), age & reported address - it would make sense to use that database to check registrants & confirm their information. 

Bangkok Pattaya Hospital makes a lot of sense, they already have a large registered patient database, they are used to dealing in English & have competent systems, for example a recent email was answered in fluent relevant English within a couple of hours.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Harry2 said:

The Samui SMS is interesting as it mentions 'passed immigration check', does this mean they check the info you provide against the Immigration Dept info held against your passport number? As that info includes status (ie retirement extension etc..), age & reported address - it would make sense to use that database to check registrants & confirm their information. 

Bangkok Pattaya Hospital makes a lot of sense, they already have a large registered patient database, they are used to dealing in English & have competent systems, for example a recent email was answered in fluent relevant English within a couple of hours.

Thank you Harry2, happy you find my post of interest. I agree, it gives an insight.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Tmoney said:

Thanks for posting.  Nice to see what other areas are doing to compare.  Chonburi's response so far has been dismal.  

2 minutes ago, newnative said:

Thanks for posting.  Nice to see what other areas are doing to compare.  Chonburi's response so far has been dismal.  

Thanks, newnative, my intention was to offer exactly what you say and hopefully help.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Harry2 said:

Agreed at present there is little sign of meaningful progress at national or provincial level for registering interest/details. My remaining hope is that one or more Pattaya hospitals will receive notice they will be getting vaccines & they will distribute as best they can directly to their registered patients & others expressing interest.

Chiang Mai seems to have had a relatively effective registration process for foreigners, both online, & via user friendly physical registration sites that included a Big C. At least one major hospital has additionally given July vaccine appointments to over 60's who physically presented themselves. Whether these registration efforts end up with 'jabs in arm', remains to be seen - but at least a rational, 'user friendly' registration process, specifically targeting foreigners, has been effectively rolled out at provincial level & at one major hospital.

For most of my time in Thailand I lived in Chiang Mai, and without question, the way things are done up there by provincial and local government and public / private institutions like hospitals is (IMHO) far superior to how things are down down here in the Chon Buri Province.  Without question, if I was not tied into a long-term condo lease here in Pattaya, I would move back to Chinag Mai in a heartbeat!  I love seaside living but dealing with so much bureaucratic nonsense down here is just ridiculous!

As for being vaccinated, every day I am more and more convinced that private hospitals will be the way to go for foreigners.  I mean, this whole registration fiasco is only the start of troubles.  If they can't even handle effectively getting us on a damn waiting list, what does that say about their ability to actually deliver jabs in a timely way.  Not to be glib, but it's like they say..."You get what you pay for".  Sorry for saying this but I am just so frustrated and disappointed right now, and there is no excuse for how this is playing out.

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Tmoney said:

Jingthing, please accept my sincere apologies, I was just trying to help but now realise my stupid error. I hope my post did not cause you too much of a problem.

It's still helpful to know what's going on in other provinces, if only to serve as a benchmark to compare to the poor performance of our province, Chon Buri.  So, I don't think it was a "stupid error" to post it.  Maybe it will even shame Chon Buri officials into getting their act together and getting a similar online app. up and running since it's inexcusable they have not done that already. ????

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tmoney said:

Jingthing, please accept my sincere apologies, I was just trying to help but now realise my stupid error. I hope my post did not cause you too much of a problem.

Good sarcasm. Full marks.

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

In Pattaya we'll definitely take one hospital getting this to happen for expats. That would be ever so much better than zero hospitals. 

The one to watch starting June  7 is Bangkok Pattaya Hospital as its listed on the Intervac site. 

Can you provide a link to where you got that information?  My understanding is that the Intervac site (click link) is only a database of International Vaccine Certification, and is only accessible by password, and I don;t see anything related to hospital listings.

If you were actually talking about http://www.thailandintervac.com/, there are no other pages to the site except the out-of-date message about diplomat registration, and also mentions nothing about any hospitals.

What's more, if what you say is true, it seems odd that both my doctor at BHP, and several administrators I talked with there had no idea at all about this.

Edited by WaveHunter

37 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

Can you provide a link to where you got that information?  My understanding is that the Intervac site (click link) is only a database of International Vaccine Certification, and is only accessible by password, and I don;t see anything related to hospital listings.

If you were actually talking about http://www.thailandintervac.com/, there are no other pages to the site except the out-of-date message about diplomat registration, and also mentions nothing about any hospitals.

What's more, if what you say is true, it seems odd that both my doctor at BHP, and several administrators I talked with there had no idea at all about this.

I pasted the hospital listings that I personally navigated to on my previous post including exactly how I navigated there. One of them was Bangkok Hospital Pattaya. I just did it again. Same result as posted. I really can't help you beyond that previous post. We'll need to wait until tomorrow or more likely some days after that to know whether this is going to be realized or not. 

To be clear, it is not me saying that this actually will happen. How could I possibly know that? Answer. I don't. 

Edited by Jingthing

The best practical Pattaya/Chonburi solution would simply be to exactly reproduce the Chiang Mai system in Chonburi. Just do what they are doing, copy everything, the website, the QR code, the co-ordination with consuls. I think its genuinely informative to see the CM solution:

As well as responsible officials giving details & emails I note that there is a 'Coordinator Consular Corps Chiang Mai' who is Ben the British honorary consul (ie unpaid). So hold on - in Chiang Mai at least, the foreign consul's are working with the provincial authorities to make sure their nationals are vaccinated! Seriously WOW, this isn't the smug, superior, hands-off approach we get from 'our' embassies in Bangkok, virtually all of whom are full-time paid officials, who make it clear they couldn't give a toss about vaccinating us plebs.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Harry2 said:

Just registered at the Govt website below. Accepted on basis over 60, Chonburi based. Gives BHP as a vaccine delivery hospital.

https://thailandintervac.com

Lucky you! The system's gone down now for updates until 3:00.

Please be advised that the reservation system for the vaccination appointment is being updated. You cannot make a reservation for a certain amount of time. Please try registration after 3:00 p.m. We have to apologize for all the inconvenience.

Still, it looks like a wee little bit of progress, open for the over-60's and mentions BHP, though it still doesn't seem to have any vaccines.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Guderian said:

Lucky you! The system's gone down now for updates until 3:00.

Please be advised that the reservation system for the vaccination appointment is being updated. You cannot make a reservation for a certain amount of time. Please try registration after 3:00 p.m. We have to apologize for all the inconvenience.

Still, it looks like a wee little bit of progress, open for the over-60's and mentions BHP, though it still doesn't seem to have any vaccines.

If your registered with mor prom ,but its been put off due to lack of vacine ,should i register again (after 3) for a different hospital do you think?

20 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Well we've got a website now to "register" locally at Bangkok Pattaya Hospital. 

I guess we shouldn't be too picky and expect it to actually work well right away, huh?

Baby steps.

It's about time!  Why on earth couldn't they have updated the page to let everyone know it was in the works, days ago?  So typically Thai.  A failed first attempt, and now the message to wait until after 3pm?  Just shows the site crashed and they did no debugging, testing or troubleshooting before launch.  I guess anybody who has tried to register their 90 day reports online with Imm should not be surprised, this is just the Thai way.

In like fashion, Bangkok Hospital Pattaya's website has no mention at all about being one of the designated hospitals that will do vaccinations, and no mention that those interested in vaccinations can register online now through ThailandIntervac.com.

Why is it always this way in Thailand !@#$ ?  But anyway, I guess this is progress ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, ivor bigun said:

If your registered with mor prom ,but its been put off due to lack of vacine ,should i register again (after 3) for a different hospital do you think?

That is exactly what I would do.  This whole online registration system is so screwed up that I think it's safer to re-register, since the CCSA never made it clear whether foreigners who used the MorProm app would still be registered, even though they said foreigners would not receive vaccinations in June.

Remember, the registration is actually a "waiting list" so I would assume bookings will be on a first come / first served basis.

17 minutes ago, ivor bigun said:

Hard to say but if it was me, I would.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

I guess anybody who has tried to register their 90 day reports online with Imm should not be surprised, this is just the Thai way.

Now now... I have done all my 90 day reports for many many years without issue and never needed to go to immigration.... I was lucky with the last outage missing my due time. 

Apparently the site will be open to registrations in a few hours.... have a cup of coffee and a nap.

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 2

I have a can of worms question.

Should we register ASAP assuming the site will come up again or wait some days or longer until they hopefully fix their glitches?

I'm guessing ASAP out of concern that they will close it up for being fully booked .

Edited by Jingthing

51 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Now now... I have done all my 90 day reports for many many years without issue and never needed to go to immigration.... I was lucky with the last outage missing my due time. 

Apparently the site will be open to registrations in a few hours.... have a cup of coffee and a nap.

"...Apparently the site will be open to registrations in a few hours..." ??

Well, you are indeed the optimist and that's always a good thing to be ????   Being more of a pragmatist, I would have worded that remark as: 

PERHAPS the site will be open to registrations in a few hours, and PERHAPS the registrations will be able to be completed successfully.

I too have always attempted my 90 day reporting online (with about a 75% success rate) but you can't deny that the web design and English translation is poor at best and the interface entering information and providing notifications are very poorly designed and buggy as hell.

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, spetersen said:

100% Vaccination Success at Pattaya Memorial Hospital. I registered May 3 on Mor Prom App (over 60 and with Pink ID card) got an appointment call on Saturday for vaccination today June 7 instead of June 9 , Went to the hospital 7:30 was number 37 in line got in a 8 AM to the first of 6 stations. 1. Registration and blod pressure, 2. Appointment check and printout of registration information, 3. Health screening and blood pressure, 4.Signing of documents,  5. Vaccination with AZ vaccin, 6. Appointment card for second vaccin shot and resting for 30 minutes, Go home. Overall experience , Extremely well organized wonderful proffessionel personell at the hospital, the took really care of everyone. I think I was the only farang there at least between 8-10 am . Now just waiting for jab 2 , 27 of September... I guess I had a look of luck and wish the same luck to the rest of you...

That's amazing!  Thanks for sharing.  I say it's amazing becuase the CCSA adamantly stated that absolutely no foreigners would be vaccinated during the month of June.  It just proves that nothing is etched in stone here in the Magic Kingdom.  That is usually a big negative most of the time, but in your case it was a big Positive!

So good to hear GOOD news every once in a while with this situation, so thanks again for posting, since I have registered at PMH for "private hospital" vaccination with Moderna and awaiting a appointment date., and your story gives me confidence they will follow up.  ????

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Like 2