Thailand to receive 3.5 million more doses of Sinovac vaccine in May

webfact

6 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

Maybe it is considered the over 60s are the most expendable in the mass trials for effective vaccines, and the chinese vaccine is deemed least effective anyway

Or more shots for Phuket to keep it's "sand-box" scam on target.

I think that samui guy was a teacher nit in tourist industry unless we are thinking of different blokes.  A school director near Udon thanni was offered the vaccine a month ago but declined.  It was mistake to nit do health care workers first.  Before cabinet members. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

I believe it's been tested, and has about the same effectiveness.  50% or so.  Of course that was reported by their Brazilian partner.  So who really knows. 

https://www.businessinsider.com/covid-19-vaccines-efficacy-variants-south-africa-uk-brazil-2021-3

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41577-021-00556-5

Screenshot 2021-04-11 072751.jpg

What a wonderful picture I see from the Western Department of Truth. Hope more people will believe and there will be few people in the queues.

• Confused 3
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, clokwise said:

Thais (and Chinese) will get a shock when they discover they can't travel to Europe with Sinovac or Sputnic vaccines, as they are not approved by the EU.

https://fortune.com/2021/04/26/europe-travel-vaccinated-americans-vaccine-us-eu-china/

That is going to be interesting....Germany wants to buy 30 mil Sputnik vaccines, I think Austria bought some already.

What about the Mexican illegals? A lot of them would be inoculated with Chinese and Russian vaccines ????

Edited by gearbox
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, internationalism said:

looks, like prayuth's new powers allow him not to inform cabinet and seek their agreement on big decisions and large purchases.

one dose of sinovac is $20 and $70mln is a lot of money to be decided on a whim of one person.

It also gets him around Anutin, the destructor. Now he can directly interface with the medical community.

The recent media covid whiplashing is a battle of will between the two, note Anutin recently had to claim he always respects the PM and never goes behind his back. Right.

As soon as Prayut takes the reigns, we see Farang positive statements and even English videos about vaccines, obviously prepared in advance.

31 minutes ago, clokwise said:

Thais (and Chinese) will get a shock when they discover they can't travel to Europe with Sinovac or Sputnic vaccines, as they are not approved by the EU.

https://fortune.com/2021/04/26/europe-travel-vaccinated-americans-vaccine-us-eu-china/

Oh dear, not good news for those expats here if they want to travel home to Europe and have been given Sinovac

"But at the moment, the European Medicines Agency (EMA) is not considering approving any Chinese-made jabs, suggesting that Europe’s vaccine passport system may leave out Chinese tourists and other travelers who have been vaccinated with the five China-made COVID-19 vaccines currently in use across the globe."

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Oh dear, not good news for those expats here if they want to travel home to Europe and have been given Sinovac

"But at the moment, the European Medicines Agency (EMA) is not considering approving any Chinese-made jabs, suggesting that Europe’s vaccine passport system may leave out Chinese tourists and other travelers who have been vaccinated with the five China-made COVID-19 vaccines currently in use across the globe."

Europe pays a huge price for its chino-phobia - shops, restaurants and cinemas closed forever. While in China everything is working already.

• Confused 4

10 minutes ago, friendofthai said:

Europe pays a huge price for its chino-phobia - shops, restaurants and cinemas closed forever. While in China everything is working already.

You think? Lets see who initiated this behaviour

China to only allow foreign visitors who have had Chinese-made vaccine

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/mar/17/china-to-allow-foreign-visitors-who-have-had-chinese-made-vaccine

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, friendofthai said:

I don't think EU is deliberately targeting the Chinese vaccines - it is just bureaucracy,  they try to work by the books.

In regards to China this is irrelevant, as the indications are the Chinese won't be allowed travel until early to mid 2022.  It may affect some expats in third countries, but many can't choose which vaccine to get. It is naive to think that a country would change its vaccination policy so Joe Bloggs the truck driver can go back somewhere without quarantine.

5 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/mar/17/china-to-allow-foreign-visitors-who-have-had-chinese-made-vaccine

Definitely not a good move by the Chinese, but they have little to lose. At the moment they prefer the tourist dollars to be spent within China.

The contribution of Chinese travelers in global tourism ranked first in the world. In 2019, Chinese tourists spent about 254.6 billion U.S. dollars while traveling abroad.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/249702/international-tourism-expenditure-of-chinese-tourists/

From a personal perspective, surely the important thing is avoiding serious covid. In this respect they all seem to work well.

One thing the Sinovac vaccine has going for it is that it uses existing, proven technology that has been around for decades, so to some extent we can be reassured of the safety of the concept.  

I'm squeamish about the somewhat vigorous side effects caused by AZ, Pfizer, and Moderna jabs that occur far more frequently than with the flu jab for instance.

Frankly, I'm not looking forward to the jab, but think it's necessary.  And although I'd rather have none of them at all, I'm not bothered about which one I take.  All a bit risky at this stage.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

This is not about vaccines - this is about vaccination centers that is approved by China. They regularly update the published list of the approved vaccination centers. They want to control the entire way of any dose from the moment of production in order to have the ability to quickly ban any vaccination center from which they see increasing levels of COVID patients (and any other center that uses vaccines from the same "banned" package). Of course they cannot do this with the western vaccines.

Edited by friendofthai
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, friendofthai said:

This is not about vaccines - this is about vaccination centers that is approved by China. They regularly update the published list of the approved vaccination centers. They want to control the entire way of any dose from the moment of production in order to have the ability to quickly ban any vaccination center from which they see increasing levels of COVID patients. Of course they cannot do this with the western vaccines.

This is everything about vaccines - spin this anyway you want, the FACT is unless you have a Chinese made vaccine you cannot enter China.  

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

This is everything about vaccines - spin this anyway you want, the FACT is unless you have a Chinese made vaccine you cannot enter China.  

It is not as simple as you think. Approving vaccine means testing it with the strains of virus that is present in China. That costs hundreds of millions of dollars of course. Such an expensive thing cannot be done just to bring more immigrants to the country. They can perform testing only if they benefit from it. And they benefit from it only if they know for sure that the western countries will sell it in China. As far as I know the Western countries don't want to sell the vaccine in China. So it makes no sense for the Chinese to approve any western vaccine.

• Confused 2

28 minutes ago, friendofthai said:

It is not as simple as you think. Approving vaccine means testing it with the strains of virus that is present in China. That costs hundreds of millions of dollars of course. Such an expensive thing cannot be done just to bring more immigrants to the country. They can perform testing only if they benefit from it. And they benefit from it only if they know for sure that the western countries will sell it in China. As far as I know the Western countries don't want to sell the vaccine in China. So it makes no sense for the Chinese to approve any western vaccine.

The Chinese are about to approve the Biontech vaccine manufactured by Fosun, so maybe everyone vaccinated with the "Pfizer" branded Biontech vaccine may be able to enter.

Edited by gearbox
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, anchadian said:

Anutin has stated that people cannot choose which vaccine they have due to the concern over side effects of the shots, presumably Sinovac.

I have also been told this by my wife strange how all the government officials had the choice and got AZ now everyone else in thaland being told take what you are given.

A load of tripe people should have the choice.

Whats good for 1 is good for all but not in this case apparently.

5 hours ago, Stormfish said:

People travelling on vaccine related passports will still have to be tested as they can be host to the virus.Letting them in would be catastrophic.

Letting Us ...vaccinated and fairly  covid tested twice wouldnt be catastrophic.  A 7 day quarantine plus tests was acceptable not 15 days plus 4 (four ) covid tests before released.  One covid test prior to departure (of which returning Thais is not required ...why ???) and now 3 tests instead of 2 in quarantine.  Abit excessive i think.  Considering Songkran went well with holidays makers fanning out from bkk bringing along the  locally grown virus.  

Thai officials (vaccinated along with the generals and families) now  dont believe in vaccinated arrivals as safe so max quarantine for all.  Then pushes for Thais to get vaccinated (even with inferior ones) to be safer.  Oxymoron or just saving face 

"People travelling on vaccine related passports will still have to be tested as they can be host to the virus."

Source?

"One case of the vicious Brazilian P.1 variant has already been found in ASQ, reported on April  23, 2021."

How can a virus be "vicious"? It isn't sentient so it can't be "deliberately cruel or violent" or "immoral." 

1 hour ago, friendofthai said:

As far as I know the Western countries don't want to sell the vaccine in China. So it makes no sense for the Chinese to approve any western vaccine.

Try again, this was 4 months ago

China Secures 100 Million Doses of BioNTech Vaccine

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-12-16/china-secures-100-million-doses-of-biontech-shot-to-boost-supply

Edited by Bkk Brian

39 minutes ago, gearbox said:

The Chinese are about to approve the Biontech vaccine manufactured by Fosun, so maybe everyone vaccinated with the "Pfizer" branded Biontech vaccine may be able to enter.

Pfizer was already fully approved by thai cdc and losted on the Thai Embassy’s certificate of entry vaccine list deemed ok  to enter Thailand.  The “rules”were changed 29Aug 

• Confused 1

I'm shocked that Sinovac is only option for frontline medical workers. I understand that is all the current government believes it's citizens are worth.

Chinese rushing to ingratiate itself once again. Hegemon.

7 minutes ago, Trujillo said:

"People travelling on vaccine related passports will still have to be tested as they can be host to the virus."

Source?

"One case of the vicious Brazilian P.1 variant has already been found in ASQ, reported on April  23, 2021."

How can a virus be "vicious"? It isn't sentient so it can't be "deliberately cruel or violent" or "immoral." 

The reason why the brasilian variant is killing so many in Brazil is that very few are vaccinated because its President downplays the virus to this day. Americans were spared this fate because they voted in a new President that manged to get 200,000,000 vaccine shots  in so far since January 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Try again, this was 4 months ago

China Secures 100 Million Doses of BioNTech Vaccine

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-12-16/china-secures-100-million-doses-of-biontech-shot-to-boost-supply

Thailand told us that Sputnik and Pfizer will be here. And we are expecting these vaccines about 4-5 months later. So there is nothing strange in that 4-5 months before China told us that Pfizer will be in China and now they almost have approved it. Looks like a normal workflow.

11 minutes ago, Trujillo said:

Source?

The reason why the brasilian variant is killing so many in Brazil is that very few are vaccinated because its President downplays the virus to this day. Americans were spared this fate because they voted in a new President that manged to get 200,000,000 vaccine shots  in so far since January 

Just now, friendofthai said:

Thailand told us that Sputnik and Pfizer will be here. And we are expecting these vaccines about 4-5 months later. So there is nothing strange in that 4-5 months before China told us that Pfizer will be in China and now they almost have approved it. Looks like a normal workflow.

You fail miserably at deflection this is what I was responding to and letting you know China has purchased 100 million doses of Pfizer.

"As far as I know the Western countries don't want to sell the vaccine in China. So it makes no sense for the Chinese to approve any western vaccine."

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mommysboy said:

From a personal perspective, surely the important thing is avoiding serious covid. In this respect they all seem to work well.

One thing the Sinovac vaccine has going for it is that it uses existing, proven technology that has been around for decades, so to some extent we can be reassured of the safety of the concept.  

I'm squeamish about the somewhat vigorous side effects caused by AZ, Pfizer, and Moderna jabs that occur far more frequently than with the flu jab for instance.

Frankly, I'm not looking forward to the jab, but think it's necessary.  And although I'd rather have none of them at all, I'm not bothered about which one I take.  All a bit risky at this stage.

I can assure you that these “vigorous side effects “ of taking those particular vaccines are generally  false. Vigorous side effects of having covid 19  should scare you more. In the USA many of us have been vaccinated with Moderna and Pfizer ( mine) and a sore arm at the jab site for a day or slightly sick similiar to the flu shot is far from vigorous side effects. At my work very little is said about side effects  much more is being said about being happy they got jabbed 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

You fail miserably at deflection this is what I was responding to and letting you know China has purchased 100 million doses of Pfizer.

"As far as I know the Western countries don't want to sell the vaccine in China. So it makes no sense for the Chinese to approve any western vaccine."

I have just successfully explained for you that there were no any "anti-western-vaccine" actions from the Chinese side. Just normal waiting during a normal workflow - nothing more.
But from the western side we see that authorities prevent their people from being vaccinated by Chinese vaccine.

6 hours ago, Poet said:

The generals need to be able to announce that they are ready to restart mass tourism by June, when Westerners start receiving their vaccine passports and will be eager to make bookings. If a solid announcement, including dropping the quarantine requirement for the second half of the year (July 1st onwards), is not ready by June, they can kiss goodbye to this year's high season.

It's already too late

most of the people in developped countries make their plan

for the summer vacations now, in april\may, not at the last minute

in june for july.

Of course you could have few die hard punters doing the last minute rush

but the big numbers will be going elsewhere, Greece, Caribean or other countries

already open and ready for tourists

• Like 1