People in Thailand look set to be restricted in choice of vaccine

webfact

3 hours ago, WineOh said:

they can shove that sinovac jab where the sun dont shine!

That's going nowhere near my arm.

I was also under the impression that this vaccine is not suitable for anyone over the age of sixty so are they going to force people into receiving this vaccine if they are over sixty? Not good enough for the PM but others don't matter ...........

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

I believe Mr Prayut and Mr Anutin refused the Sinovac and opted for the AZ, millions should do the same !!  Pfizer is here in August, wonder if that was an accurate read...

Edited by CANSIAM
  • Like 1

That statement amounts to a diaper-load of poo. 

The public will be able to look back in a year and see that a large monopoly and a small monopoly were protected from outside competition through outright lies.  There are no consequences for those who lie the longest and loudest.  Just financial rewards.  Most of us want a choice and are willing to pay for it.  But "No no no!"  ฿฿฿฿฿ Cha-Ching ฿฿฿฿฿ . 
The commoners be da*med.  The obscenely wealthy need additional wealth that they couldn't spend in 20 life-times.  But, change my mind.
Prove to me that this is Thai philanthropy.  ????

Speaking of life-times.  The next life-time, Chart-naa, for the greedy.  Previews of coming attractions for those who need a billions times more wealth than the average commoners.
The phret and hungry-ghosts will have great company and the next 20 years or so as the obscenely wealthy expire sans their physical wealth and carrying their karmatic "wealth" of abject, soul-crushing greed.

Eat, drink, and be merry fellas, for tomorrow............

Acp1.thumb.jpeg.41e07fa65f9c459a542ae21a6c8346b1.jpeg

• Like 2

If you want to choose which vaccine you want then the answer is simple....WAIT to get vaccinated at a later date when you can choose which one you want and as a bonus you get to sit back and see if any more side effects pop up during round 3 of clinical trials...ie the people getting vaccinated right now.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Became too complacent owing low recorded infections resulting in not securing vaccines until unforeseen  third wave. Unfortunately owing time required to obtain and vaccinate sufficient Thai's will now almost certainly lose Tourist revenue for another year 

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Susco said:

That is the same as in the UK then, where you also can't choose.

Quite. Most countries the only choice is take it or leave it.

This forum always thinks the Thai government should follow the wishes of the foreigner.

• Confused 1

Another monopoly money spinner, and guess what - it is produced by "our friends" that were going to produce it before LAST year's Songkran! Probably the next thing he'll say is that because it is produced in the country where the virus originated, it will be better quality!

54 minutes ago, Geoffggi said:

I was also under the impression that this vaccine is not suitable for anyone over the age of sixty so are they going to force people into receiving this vaccine if they are over sixty? Not good enough for the PM but others don't matter ...........

You need to get under a different impression.

Nobody is forced into doing anything and that includes remaining in Thailand.

5 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

If I am only offered the sino vac then I will pay for a western vaccine myself.

And where do you plan on obtaining that vaccines when Anutin has just stated two quintessentially opposing statement: 
Out of the right side of his mouth - "Hospitals and global vaccine manufacturers will not be hampered from importing vaccines"; out of the left-side of his month - "You will not have a choice of vaccines."  Which means that the FDA will be the administration's fall-guy, "The FDA won't approve the globally approved vaccines for use in Thailand.  It's the FDA's fault!" <finger-pointing>.  
I wonder how wealthy the head of the FDA is about to become?  ????

Edited by connda