People in Thailand look set to be restricted in choice of vaccine

webfact

16 minutes ago, John Drake said:

Most countries are not forcing you to take an unapproved vaccine that isn't even wanted in the country where it's made, China.

One would have to assume you have proof that the Thai FDA has not approved the Sinovac vaccine.

5 hours ago, RandolphGB said:

They’ll take the jab made by whichever vaccine company pays the government ministers and officials the most under the table to get the contract. Let nobody kid themselves, there is big money to made first and people’s health, wellbeing and the economy will be considered second. 

..it its spelt WACCINE...don't accept.

• Haha 2

I beg your pardon....Sinovac safe , or let's say "useful" ? I would not bet a penny on that . China is not ready to disclose details of this vaccine but instead selling without control to countries which are in desperate need and just buy what they can get. ...and Russia is going to copy same strategy with something they call "Sputnik".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, theonetrueaussie said:

If you want to choose which vaccine you want then the answer is simple....WAIT to get vaccinated at a later date when you can choose which one you want and as a bonus you get to sit back and see if any more side effects pop up during round 3 of clinical trials...ie the people getting vaccinated right now.

Or die waiting. Big price to pay but ok if you live near a jungle however normal folk who love to socialize IMO are better off vaccinated ASAP

• Confused 2

5 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

From where? Will you leave here to obtain it?

I told you guys this happen to my brother in the USA and now it will happen here. Either accept it or don't get , it the choice is yours.

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, RandolphGB said:

They’ll take the jab made by whichever vaccine company pays the government ministers and officials the most under the table to get the contract. Let nobody kid themselves, there is big money to made first and people’s health, wellbeing and the economy will be considered second. 

Certainly. As is ALWAYS the case with big pharma and government the world over.

"People in Thailand look set to be restricted in choice of vaccine"

Gosh...You mean the same as every other country in the world.....would you like to name a country that is given free vaccinations, & when you walk in they say....what one would you like? just tell us and we will get that one for you.

Any chance of putting a non negative headline about Thailand--Yup I agree they have fallen behind about the vaccinations---but this sort of headline is really Nit picking.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

They are all under emergency use only from the World Health organisation and phase three trials are not completed for another two years so I would leave it at least until then while the guinea pigs try it. Good luck

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Russell17au said:

It is easy to sit back and criticize but non of you could do any better.

The rest of your post has some truth in it but above statement is simply not true (and I really have to heavily force myself to stay polite). ANYBODY could have done better by approving and allowing Private Hospitals to acquire Moderna and Pfizer for which they are very much waiting. And we all know why, don't we ? Forcing Sinovac and especially AstraZeneca on the population (they could make it mandatory as they do with so many things) is more than questionable.

I need to add: choice on ones own cost is what I would favour. I do not expect to be able to choose whatever vaccine I like for free.

Edited by moogradod
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, anthony0339 said:

Yes, every government official is corrupt, every doctor is bad, every police officer takes bribes, Thais only think about themselves, all Thai girls only want money, and all Thai girls work in the bar and send this  message to their many foreign boyfriends: 

My Daling

I love you and I miss you too much. My friend in bar say you old man look same same monkey but I know you very hansum man. I have many problem I write you before that buffalo me sick. Now it die Fall down and dead in middle rice field. Bad fortune when it fall it fall on papa and break he leg in many place. Now he not work. Brother me make stretcher bamboo he take from roof house. Roof come down and rain in house. He take papa to hospital motorcycle. Have big accident when he come home hit police car. Police say brother me blame. Police say he mudt pay big money. not worry darling motorcycle you buy OK but Police car bad broken. Bad luck make Mama heart problem. Doctor say she must triple by-pass. I no understand but brother say you understand.

You know darling I only work in bar as cashier and not go with man I wait for you come back Bangkok but if you no help me I think I hab to go with man for pay bills.

Old people my village say you responsible. if you send money me before buy medicine sick buffalo then it no die, papa no break leg, house have roof, brother no ride into police car, Mama no have heart problem.

Please send me 200,000 baht for my bank. Papa fix 10,000 new roof 30,000, new police car 100,000, mama fix 50,000. I take off 2,000 baht for sell buffalo meat but me have to pay more hospital bill for 24 people have problem eat contaminated meat 12,000 baht. I not know money England but brother me say me it 71.2424 mid-market rate close of trading yesterday. This means you send me 10,000 your pound.

just wondering why you are in Thailand if you think so negatively about the country and it’s people. And if you are not in Thailand, why do you feel the need to make these negative comments. One would think you wouldn’t care what is going on here if you aren’t living here now and you don’t like it here. 

I said the same in this forum some time back and some responded that it's their birth right to whine here so best to ignore those. Anyway I got my second dose of moderna in my home country and though the after effects is a bit stronger I'm still fine. However there are cases here where vaccinated people are still infected though most are asymptomatic. I guess that's the best we can do for now til they figure something better. FYI we are given either Pfizer or moderna so doesn't mean having those two will protect you 100% from being covid free.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, daftdada said:

The bigger question remains, will this vaccine (any vaccine) be made mandatory?

For Thais?  Probably not.  At least not in the short-term.
For Foreigners on long-stay extensions?  Probably mandatory. 

Of course, mandating an "experimental vaccine" flies in the face of the Geneva Convention's Nuremberg Codes, the first of which clearly states:
"1. The voluntary consent of the human subject is absolutely essential."

I fully expect the current power elite and "leaders" to fully ignore the convention as well as the Kodex governing human medical experimentation as the lessons learned from Nazi Germany are now considered old and anachronistic and the international laws binding the signatories thrown into the memory hole.

"But", you may say, "this is an emergency and we need to conduct medical experiments (experimental vaccines) on the unwilling because the safety of the public is paramount!"   Khun Anutin: "Just take the vaccine - its safe!"

However, the Nazi leaders could have said the same at the time.  "We were in a state of emergency and needed to conduct medical experiments on unwilling subjects for the safety of the German public was paramount!"  Herr Mengele: "Just take the vaccine - its safe!"
That was, by the way, a position that got people hung.  But it seems we're back to square one - back to a medical mindset held by the current crop of global leaders, politicians, billionaires, and medical "experts" that existed pre-Nazi-Germany.

Imho, this is frightening and makes SARS-Cov-2 pale in comparison. 
I'd rather deal with the SARS-virus than forced medical experimentation via mandated (forced) experimental vaccinations.  The current roll-out of Covid vaccines are human live trials.  They are all "experimental vaccines" authorized by "emergency authorization."  "Emergency authorization" doesn't negate the Geneva Convention's Nuremberg Codes as human experimentation is experimentation regardless of the perceived "emergency."  
This is a slippery slope to be standing on.  If it goes pear shape???  Look out below. <Tha-thunk>

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Well, for my sins I have many lady friends in different parts of the country and without hesitation most say the Sinovax is dodgy and has killed people ! They said they will not take it. 

Now, I’m not blind to the fact that rumours spread and become gospel truths , but with tests saying the efficacy of the chinese vaccine is as low as 50% , all in all it is not the “ to die for” choice of most people . But Causing death ? Anyone ? 

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, sandyf said:

One would have to assume you have proof that the Thai FDA has not approved the Sinovac vaccine.

The global stamp of approval is WHO and Sinovac isn't approved by WHO.  

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

"People in Thailand look set to be restricted in choice of vaccine"

Gosh...You mean the same as every other country in the world.....would you like to name a country that is given free vaccinations, & when you walk in they say....what one would you like? just tell us and we will get that one for you.

Any chance of putting a non negative headline about Thailand--Yup I agree they have fallen behind about the vaccinations---but this sort of headline is really Nit picking.

Hong Kong. Choice: Pfizer/BioNTech or Sinovac (you choose when you register). Cost: free. Availability: now for everyone above 16. But true, there's no choice in most other countries.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, webfact said:

He said that Thailand was not blocking any vaccine and was ready to register any that satisfied the requirements. 

Yet no enterprise so far have been able to procure from outside Thailand... other than the governments feeble purchases

Prayuts plan all along... you will have the Siam Bioscience jab or wait a very very long time.

Edited by hotchilli
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, pentagara said:

Hong Kong. Choice: Pfizer/BioNTech or Sinovac (you choose when you register). Cost: free. Availability: now for everyone above 16. But true, there's no choice in most other countries.

That's amazing that a "Special Administrative Region controlled by The People's Republic of China" has that option --and all Kudos to them for it.

Thanks for pointing it out pentagara.