People in Thailand look set to be restricted in choice of vaccine

webfact

4 hours ago, Russell17au said:

Just remember that AstraZenica is being made here in Thailand and will be released in June. I know that there will be a lot of idiotic comments from many idiots on here but just remember that it does not matter where AstraZenica is made it is made following the same formula that is used in every country that makes it. The biggest problem with getting any vaccine is that every country is competing with every other country to get vaccine for their own country and there are not that many companies making the vaccine and having it registered and approved by each individual country for their use. It is easy to sit back and criticize but non of you could do any better.

Not true:

"U.S. removes AstraZeneca from plant that ruined 15 million doses of COVID-19 vaccine"

Workers at the Emergent BioSolutions plant conflated ingredients for the J&J and AstraZeneca vaccines and ruined the batches

Author of the article:
Reuters
Reuters
Shubham Kalia
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Russell17au said:

Just remember that AstraZenica is being made here in Thailand and will be released in June. I know that there will be a lot of idiotic comments from many idiots on here but just remember that it does not matter where AstraZenica is made it is made following the same formula that is used in every country that makes it. The biggest problem with getting any vaccine is that every country is competing with every other country to get vaccine for their own country and there are not that many companies making the vaccine and having it registered and approved by each individual country for their use. It is easy to sit back and criticize but non of you could do any better.

So is AstraZeneca supervising the production? Anyway, AZ is new to vaccines itself.

After a recent snafu in Maryland where somebody at Emergent Biosolutions mixed AZ materials in a batch of J&J, they moved the AZ production to another site, and J&J has sent their own staff to supervise at Emergent.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mike k said:

Look who owns Siam bioscience 

Now your walking on eggshells.....and the mods will be aware of the lese majesty laws...

CPB..= Crown Property

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

20 minutes ago, John Drake said:

The global stamp of approval is WHO and Sinovac isn't approved by WHO.  

23 minutes ago, John Drake said:

The global stamp of approval is WHO and Sinovac isn't approved by WHO.  

"Most countries are not forcing you to take an unapproved vaccine"

You are wrong on both counts.  The vaccine has been approved by the Thai FDA so it is not "unapproved" and nobody is forcing anyone to have a vaccination.

5 hours ago, DLock said:

That's a mighty fine uniform for a civilian.

I see a "bring a friend badge", a "cooking badge" and a "my family built an airport" badge.

His only achievement in life has been born into a wealthy Thai family...and I see that badge also.

He will go down as a footnote in Thai history as a failure.

Hopefully he won't go down in history as a former Prime Minister

1 minute ago, sandyf said:

You are wrong on both counts.  The vaccine has been approved by the Thai FDA so it is not "unapproved" and nobody is forcing anyone to have a vaccination.

Not yet 

6 hours ago, RandolphGB said:

They’ll take the jab made by whichever vaccine company pays the government ministers and officials the most under the table to get the contract. Let nobody kid themselves, there is big money to made first and people’s health, wellbeing and the economy will be considered second. 

Like in any other country... 

7 hours ago, webfact said:

He stressed that all vaccines are safe and can save people equally.

According to my cardiologist who, unlike Anutin, is an actual doctor, the different vaccines have varying degrees of efficacy. 

• Like 2

Anyone would think that the Thai CDC was more capable and trustworthy or better equipped  or even better versed in the science than the US or the EU CDC. 

I would trust those 2 long before I trust the one here. The one here.... "So how much money is in that large brown envelope?" 

• Confused 1

Big Surprize There! 

V is for Vandetta!  Right out of a Hollywood Movie script! 

No, you can't have anyone else's vaccine. Only mine.... We will continue to bury any other vaccine from anywhere else in bureaucratic red tape.

End of discussion. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DLock said:

I see a "bring a friend badge", a "cooking badge" and a "my family built an airport" badge.

His only achievement in life has been born into a wealthy Thai family...and I see that badge also.

Or,,,,,,,,,maybe......................

http://cdn.funnyisms.com/99fa364f-48e7-4d3a-8b46-47c7776787c3.jpg

40 minutes ago, sandyf said:

The Thai FDA... you being funny? Trust them? I would rather ask  crystal ball.... it would far more reliant. Trust the EU and the US FDA& CDC  and the WHIO at the end of the day.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

And would that have happened had Thailand chosen to join the Covax scheme .?

But they chose not to so now they are at the back of the queue as the vacc' manufacturers have to fulfill their obligations to the Covax scheme orders first .. 

Everyone this fella opens his mouth he demonstrates how unsuitable he is for the position he occupies .. 

Ahhhhhh.... just wait for the herbal one Thailand is now testing as a Covid vaccine. Nothing against herbal remedies per say.... but you will see the Thai FDA and the CCSA will ecpound on how great it is.... just like the government and the army did with that bomb detecting apparatus  few years ago that proved to be totally worthless. But as with most things about Thailand and to use a British expression...' It's all fur coats but no underwear '

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Amazing money spent by them and the fear no one will want the vaccines procured to be vaccinated with is my guess for this.

The government failed to procure more than 1 vaccine and decided to mass produce another one, which many countries do not want anymore. Amazing.

The vaccine supply is a mess worldwide, with supply problems in the EU. Blame is political involvement, with deals for supply that were signed before the vaccine was produced. Now many of the contracts cannot be supplied.

Not just Thailand producing the vaccine that people don't want, but India cannot supply Astra to other countries now and will produce Astra for themselves. 

What choice will the people get? 

I'm glad Anutin has said that all the vaccines are safe, Denmark won't be using Astra and France has some litigation issues underway. 

All the vaccines approved by the FDA, are for emergency use only. 

There have been issues with the J and J vaccine and efficacy issues with the Sinovac. 

The Russians have been offering supply of Sputnik to many countries  but politicians try hard to screw that up, even though their vaccine has had a good record. 

No one on this planet knows what the long term side effects will be, we have not got there yet. 

One thing is certain, politicians are doing great jobs at screwing up the vaccine supplies, and spreading the disease, in many countries to the point now where these  corrupt shameless souls should be locked away. 

6 hours ago, DLock said:

Hopefully, but I wouldn't bank on that.