People in Thailand look set to be restricted in choice of vaccine

webfact

1 minute ago, Isaan sailor said:

You couldn’t pay me enough to take that Sinovac shot.   Will pay for something better.

5000 baht please.

Sinoca

That's a mixture of Astra and Sinovac.

• Haha 1

I've just created the following topic:

In it i say:

I would think it to be very reliable knowing the British Heart Foundation. 

There are many links concerning the vaccines and although it is UK-centric, may answer questions for those in Thailand too.

Go through the many links for answers to some of the questions in this thread.

Edited by VBF
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, webfact said:

He said that vaccine negotiations with Sinopharm had not yet begun as they had to submit documents to the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to satisfy their requirements.

No wonder they don't want other top vaccines become available for sell at hospitals. The are aware of that even Thai will pay for those. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Susco said:

That is the same as in the UK then, where you also can't choose.

so the UK also only has Sinovac  555 (joke intended)

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, webfact said:

He said that vaccine negotiations with Sinopharm had not yet begun as they had to submit documents to the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to satisfy their requirements.

all bets are on, the bigger/the thicker the envelope is will be the winner, nothing new, we all should know how it works here

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Susco said:

That is the same as in the UK then, where you also can't choose.

In the Netherlands also, take what you are given or take nothing at all. 

Just another example of Thai Government corruption, its never about what's best for the Thai people its always about how much they can line there own pockets give me 1 example when the Thai people or Thai environment has been put before there own greed

4 hours ago, berrec said:

Get this guy out of office now immediately; even the PM choose AZ vaccine. 

C'mon man! 

Thai prime minister gets first shot of AstraZeneca Covid vaccine after safety concerns!

He got Astrazeneca because Sinovac is only available for under 60 and he is above 60. 

The health minister Anutin himself got Sinovac because he is under 60.

7 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

He said that vaccine producers had been hampered in their ability to sell vaccines in Thailand due to demand in the countries where they are produced. 

So Thailand is the only country that can not get vaccines because other countries want to have vaccine too?? Strange explanation for failing vaccine policy

What he said is not correct. outside the governement  nobody is allowed to buy vaccins~! That is what prayut said two days ago. That is a pity because for instance the hospitals have proposed to buy vaccins themself. Forbidden !!! 

• Thanks 1

1pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

'Sinovac vaccine, the second dose of which is offered three weeks after the first is being given to frontline medical staff and people like immigration officers,' and Health Ministers!????

Well, Anutin, here you're completely off scale. Based on what self-confident dream do you think, that the people do not have the choice but have to take what you consider "appropriate"? 

Go back and build parliament houses and airports - that's where there is plenty of cash for you and your cronies and leave health and vaccination issues to those who understand something of the subject. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, joecoolfrog said:

Yes because every country based their response on the domestic production of a single vaccine .

Educate yourself as to who owns the company producing that vaccine in Thailand , then come back and confirm that its us that are the idiots !!!

I don't have to educate myself as to how this company was set up and financed.

Am I reading right? Negotiations with Sinovac have not even begun?

God knows when we will receive this vaccine or any others than the locally owned AZ. 

Seems like they're playing the face keeping game up to the max. 

The government should be ready for the high jump when first news of deaths or blood clots from AZ vaccinated people arise and nobody wants to have it. Unless they make vaccination compulsory by law. 

1 minute ago, CLW said:

Am I reading right? Negotiations with Sinovac have not even begun?

No specsavers near you?

He said that vaccine negotiations with Sinopharm had not yet begun as they had to submit documents

• Haha 1

Regarding "any" vaccine that Thailand tries to impose on the general public , can the DP and Health Minister Anutin provide a)  government medical approval of the vaccine in the country of origin  ( as far as I know Sinovac is not yet approved in China ??)   and b)  WHO approval  !!.

If both those are available and sighted / confirmed , then yes I would be happy to take any of those but if not I will stick to a western one ,probably the Astra Zenica one or Moderna when available privately .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BillyBobzTeeth said:

None of the vaccines are fully FDA approved.

https://www.fda.gov/emergency-preparedness-and-response/coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19/covid-19-vaccines

They have emergency approval only.

Pretty risky if you ask me.

In the UK, your risk of dying from Covid is 1864 in a million.

Your risk of dying from vaccination is 1 in a million.

3 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

In the UK, your risk of dying from Covid is 1864 in a million.

Your risk of dying from vaccination is 1 in a million.

Any figures on what is the risk of dying from Covid in Thailand?

14 minutes ago, Jen65 said:

Regarding "any" vaccine that Thailand tries to impose on the general public , can the DP and Health Minister Anutin provide a)  government medical approval of the vaccine in the country of origin  ( as far as I know Sinovac is not yet approved in China ??)   and b)  WHO approval  !!.

If both those are available and sighted / confirmed , then yes I would be happy to take any of those but if not I will stick to a western one ,probably the Astra Zenica one or Moderna when available privately .

You mean the western ones are approved ?

7 hours ago, Russell17au said:

Just remember that AstraZenica is being made here in Thailand and will be released in June. I know that there will be a lot of idiotic comments from many idiots on here but just remember that it does not matter where AstraZenica is made it is made following the same formula that is used in every country that makes it. The biggest problem with getting any vaccine is that every country is competing with every other country to get vaccine for their own country and there are not that many companies making the vaccine and having it registered and approved by each individual country for their use. It is easy to sit back and criticize but non of you could do any better.

Getting Astra Zeneca made in Korea or Thailand under licensing is similar to getting a VW manufactured in Mexico.

Same same but different

• Like 1