Phuket face mask crackdown ramped up in revised restrictions order

webfact

1619842358_1-org.jpg

The new order issued last night (Apr 30). Image: PR Phuket

The Phuket New

PHUKET: The move to crack down on people not wearing face masks while in public was ratcheted up last night with Phuket Governor Narong Woonciew issuing an order to ramp up restrictions already imposed in Phuket to try to prevent the spread of COVID-19.

The new order, titled Phuket Province Order 2408/2564 dated April 30, 2021, is marked to be in effect from May 1 (today) to May 12.

The order is an amendment to the main order imposing the current COVID restrictions issued in the order issued on Wednesday (Apr 28).

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-face-mask-crackdown-ramped-up-in-revised-restrictions-order-79858.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2021-05-01

• Confused 1

I guess never heard of R number and how to control it, simple;  "Prevent Large Gatherings".....! - just look around the world even in worst cases there are still many situations they don't/can't implement this...., for variety of reasons, hence all the problems with Covid....

I wish for the sake of Covid all politicians around the world had been replaced , at least temporarily, by scientists and statisticians, maybe we had a better chance....! ????

“Teaching and teaching locations outside all educational establishments [are to] refrain from teaching and teaching management, and refrain from organising any activities that require grouping of students, except for the arrangement of the exam to be administered,” the order noted.

However, activities that require grouping of wealthy and well-to-do shoppers in malls are approved as "essential." 

On 5/1/2021 at 12:01 PM, schlog said:

Nearly no covid on phuket and he comes again with more restrictions.

Is this gov on speed or like the last one on a fame trip. 

1.....2.....3......next! Time for a new gov.

It does seem to be overkill considering the paucity of cases on the island. Also, does anyone have a source for daily number of cases in Phuket? It seems to be posted very sporadically in this forum.

Edited by Pattaya Spotter

8 hours ago, WhiteBuffaloATM said:

I believe that various scientific studies have shown thats cloth masks / distancing/ hand sanitizers are actually of zero or near zero net benefit; just political showboating / virtue- signalling of course .....

You can believe that, but a vast majority of scientific studies have shown otherwise.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, WhiteBuffaloATM said:

I believe that various scientific studies have shown thats cloth masks / distancing/ hand sanitizers are actually of zero or near zero net benefit; just political showboating / virtue- signalling of course .....

So how about showing these 'various scientific sources' that you believe in? I mean REAL scientific sources!