Document Translation Service

jm49er1

have an appointment next week at the US Embassy to get my thai wife a tourist visa - i have several documents - chanods, etc that we need to get translated from Thai into english - i am looking for someone that can do this for me at a reasonable price preferably in the north pattaya/nakula area - thanks for any recommondations

You don't need to have documents translated to take to an interview for a US tourist visa. No copies are needed either.

The interviewer wants to see originals and will make any copies they need.

I just got a tourist visa for my wife two weeks ago and we had also been to two previous interviews in the last three years (before getting married) so knew the drill pretty well.

The interviewer did want to see our Chanote and made a copy and wanted to see info about my wifes small beauty salon. No other items were asked for and they will only look at what they specifically request, you can not just hand them a thick packet with everything in it.

You don't need to have documents translated to take to an interview for a US tourist visa. No copies are needed either.

The interviewer wants to see originals and will make any copies they need.

I just got a tourist visa for my wife two weeks ago and we had also been to two previous interviews in the last three years (before getting married) so knew the drill pretty well.

The interviewer did want to see our Chanote and made a copy and wanted to see info about my wifes small beauty salon. No other items were asked for and they will only look at what they specifically request, you can not just hand them a thick packet with everything in it.

Thanks - i suspected that i would not need to translate the docs but was not 100% sure - this will save me a few baht - one question regarding the appointment time - what was your appointment time and what time did you actually get called? i had heard from another source that the delays were lenghty

The appointment times are BS. It just breaks the people up into groups thoughout the day so everyone doesn't show up at 0730. We were farly lucky. We had an "appointment" for 1030 and got called about 1130.

And VERY highly recommended to have the interview in English. You wife will be asked, and she can request the interview in either Thai or English.

One, it helps you to understand what's being said and I ended up answering half the questions anyway. Your participation though is up to the interviewer.

Two, the English interviews seem to have gone better for a couple of other folks I know also. Last year we had a real prick who was fluent in Thai and the wife (fiance then) wasn't even allowed to have a proper interview. The guy asked for her bankbook and then immediately said she was disapproved. Interview was 1 minute for the disapproval and 15 minutes to explain that he can't explain why she was disapproved.

The main thing in your favor is being married so you should have no problem, good luck.

The appointment times are BS. It just breaks the people up into groups thoughout the day so everyone doesn't show up at 0730. We were farly lucky. We had an "appointment" for 1030 and got called about 1130.

And VERY highly recommended to have the interview in English. You wife will be asked, and she can request the interview in either Thai or English.

One, it helps you to understand what's being said and I ended up answering half the questions anyway. Your participation though is up to the interviewer.

Two, the English interviews seem to have gone better for a couple of other folks I know also. Last year we had a real prick who was fluent in Thai and the wife (fiance then) wasn't even allowed to have a proper interview. The guy asked for her bankbook and then immediately said she was disapproved. Interview was 1 minute for the disapproval and 15 minutes to explain that he can't explain why she was disapproved.

The main thing in your favor is being married so you should have no problem, good luck.

Thanks - my wife speaks very good english and i would prefer it in english so i can be sure she understands what is being asked - how soon after the interview do you know whether she has been approved? If approved how long is the visa good for? we are planning on traveling in November

They make an immediate decision if denied, stamp the passport, and return it.

If approved, they will tell you it is approved and retain the passport and mail it back to you in a few days. You have to buy a EMS mail envelope and self-address it at the postal kisok inside the embassy grounds, you will be directed along your way.

\You'll probably be surprised how quick it is once they call you for the interview.

The visa will be a multiple entry visa good for 10 years if no problems. I'm not sure what the stay limit per visit is.

They make an immediate decision if denied, stamp the passport, and return it.

If approved, they will tell you it is approved and retain the passport and mail it back to you in a few days. You have to buy a EMS mail envelope and self-address it at the postal kisok inside the embassy grounds, you will be directed along your way.

\You'll probably be surprised how quick it is once they call you for the interview.

The visa will be a multiple entry visa good for 10 years if no problems. I'm not sure what the stay limit per visit is.

Everyone should understand that this thread is only US of A related.

British and European Consulates take a far less favourable view of Thai ladies.

Don't know about Oz.