Over to you crypto fanboys

Susco

Does it worry anyone or change you're view - with the news today that  American Government can now trace-and size Bitcoin.? What drove Bitcoin on was the fact that it could be used for illegal purchasing. (Silk RD etc) If it can not be used for that--then the price of it would surly go down.

DOJ's ransomware task force tracked transfers of cryptocurrency and identified that 63.7 bitcoins had been transferred to a specific address

FBI has 'private key,' or password, needed to access assets accessible from the specific bitcoin address 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sanuk711 said:

Does it worry anyone or change you're view - with the news today that  American Government can now trace-and size Bitcoin.?

google:// why everyone thinks that bitcoin is untraceable when it's a public ledger

google:// chainalisys bitcoin

google:// how to buy monero

1 hour ago, sanuk711 said:

What drove Bitcoin on was the fact that it could be used for illegal purchasing. (Silk RD etc) If it can not be used for that--then the price of it would surly go down.

google:// how much drugs could elon musk buy on his 1.5 billion usd in bitcoins

google:// which drugs does elon musk prefer

google:// does microstrategy trade drugs or weapons or fake documents

google:// is grayscale a sponsor of terrorism

Edited by fdsa

4 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

Does it worry anyone or change you're view - with the news today that  American Government can now trace-and size Bitcoin.? What drove Bitcoin on was the fact that it could be used for illegal purchasing. (Silk RD etc) If it can not be used for that--then the price of it would surly go down.

DOJ's ransomware task force tracked transfers of cryptocurrency and identified that 63.7 bitcoins had been transferred to a specific address

FBI has 'private key,' or password, needed to access assets accessible from the specific bitcoin address 

At this point nothing really worries me.   It's a good thing (if true) that they can track ransomware gang activity and seize their assets.   It's about as relevant to the average crypto user as the US DHS southern border immigrant quagmire is to travellers who have to pass through DHS on their way to Aspen ski resorts at the Denver airport.

• Thanks 1

Let's say BTC/$$ is 33,000.  

Should I buy or sell?

I will do the OPPOSITE of the first reply......hahahhahahhahahaha

I'm sure someone will say SELL, it will go to $45,000 and then $20,000.  

If you say BUY, it will be under $30,000 tomorrow.  

lol

interesting news, is that the FBI was able to recover those "bitcoins"

so much for "government independence" ????

I think criminals should start to worry, obviously money can be seized, even in bitcoins, and that the "private" key might be "hackable" after all. Most cyphers algos in the modern computer world can be sourced back to original work by the NSA, and they have the computing power and the "skills" to hack about anything.

• Like 2

among other news BTC below $35k ????

I think we can expect $10k in the next few months, now that the US government can hack your bitcoins on the top of bitcoin exchange stealing your coins ????

it's not a safe world anymore for those poor criminals ????

back to hoarding large amount of cash!!!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GrandPapillon said:

among other news BTC below $35k ????

I think we can expect $10k in the next few months, now that the US government can hack your bitcoins on the top of bitcoin exchange stealing your coins ????

it's not a safe world anymore for those poor criminals ????

back to hoarding large amount of cash!!!

If I had a lot of money in crypto, I'd be absolutely bricking it right now.

• Like 1

where is our resident currency trader, he had a lot interesting thing to say, I wonder how he "hedged" that BTC-USD pair and if he indeed survived that drop. If he did survive the drop, I would be interested in his "Defense" strategy playbook ????

• Haha 1

Just now, GrandPapillon said:

where is our resident currency trader, he had a lot interesting thing to say, I wonder how he "hedged" that BTC-USD pair and if he indeed survived that drop. If he did survive the drop, I would be interested in his "Defense" strategy playbook ????

He will, of course, have survived this massive drop and will say that it's merely another buying opportunity.

On 6/4/2021 at 4:37 AM, Logosone said:

Bitcoin falling today again. What is your guys' take on the price development of BTC in the next few days?

hey, how are you doing man ???? what's your take in this big drop? I hope you survived, but feel free to share your experience ????

2 hours ago, The Cipher said:

Dude, it wasn't even a 10% drop over the past 24 hours. Absolutely nobody is losing their <deleted>. Chill.

Yeah, 10% drop in 24 hours is nothing. It's a buying opportunity, obviously, because crypto is the future.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BenDeCosta said:

Yeah, 10% drop in 24 hours is nothing. It's a buying opportunity, obviously, because crypto is the future.

haha   you forgot the  "DUDE ! "

12 minutes ago, BenDeCosta said:

I'm not inclined to run through this again. I laid out my thoughts on this over the first eleven or so pages of this thread and found that none of the usual crypto bears were able to engage with the concept on a level that made continued conversation worthwhile. Feel free to re-read those pages if you doubt that this is true.

Ultimately people are responsible for the choices that they make, or don't make. And in the long run life tends to sort out it all out anyway ????‍♂️.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

"How to invest in crypto and ESG during the volatile summer doldrums"

hmmm  nice ad .      is "volative doldrums"  something like "military intelligence"   ?

2 hours ago, GrandPapillon said:

are you saying they didn't recover the private keys or the bitcoins? ????

are you saying that finding the private key on the seized server where dumb hackers kept their ransomware together with bitcoin keys is the same as "US government can hack your bitcoins"?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, fdsa said:

are you saying that finding the private key on the seized server where dumb hackers kept their ransomware together with bitcoin keys is the same as "US government can hack your bitcoins"?

you don't really know what happens, and you are also making assumptions

it's no secret that the NSA has backdoors in pretty much all cyphers algo out there ????

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, GrandPapillon said:

you don't really know what happens, and you are also making assumptions

you neither.

darside_lol.png.acfc8e1f86d642d489893bc0c4f89eeb.png

the only assumption we could make is - either the idiot hacker used blockchain.com online wallet or it was coinbase.com online wallet.

darkside_affidavit_0.pdf

to sum up:

1) bitcoin was not hacked

2) you should not use online wallets even if your cryptocurrency is absolutely legal. not in your wallet = not your bitcoins.

Edited by fdsa
  • Like 1

the FBI is not releasing their playbook so we can only guess and they are probably lying on what they actually did so not to reveal their MO

as for the hackers, if they wanted to collect their "funds", they had to go eventually to some online exchange, the question is how they were able to "identify" the actual bitcoins in the heist, because in ransomware recovery process, the hacker will ask you to do some back and forth trade confirmations (a minimum of 6 if I remember correctly) to "lose" tracks of the transaction

anyway, Bitcoins is not safe, that's the message out there, so criminals should start to pack their sh<deleted> and dump that cr<deleted>p ????

Edited by GrandPapillon
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, fdsa said:

to sum up:

1) bitcoin was not hacked

2) you should not use online wallets even if your cryptocurrency is absolutely legal. not in your wallet = not your bitcoins.

maybe not hacked, but definitely compromised by some MO that nobody saw it coming, not even the smart hackers, because those guys weren't amateurs despite your claims, they were the creme of the creme ????

• Haha 1

and don't underestimate the deviant ways of the police to investigate crimes and catch thieves, they are starting to use the same tools as criminals and infiltrate all kind of tech, as that story below clearly demonstrates:

Hakan Ayik: The man who accidentally helped FBI get in criminals' pockets

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-57397779

Law enforcement agencies have arrested some 800 suspected criminals around the world after thousands of people were tricked into using an encrypted phone app which allowed police to monitor their conversations without their knowledge.

Edited by GrandPapillon
  • Haha 1