Buriram becomes first Thai province to penalize refusal for COVID-19 vaccine

snoop1130

Just yesterday we had a topic to jab or not to jab and as I said it may not be a matter of choice but being singled out and outcasted if you do not and sure enough 24 hours later get this piece and I fear it will become the law if refuse to vaccinate will be made into an outcast 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

"who refuse to get vaccinated, will be penalized, according to a provincial order published recently."

From the OP:

Failure to apply by May 31st is liable to one month in prison and/or a fine of 10,000 Baht.”

4 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

From the OP:

Failure to apply by May 31st is liable to one month in prison and/or a fine of 10,000 Baht.”

From the second half:

"Those who refuse to receive vaccine jabs, as ordered, may face a maximum fine of 60,000 Baht – 20,000 Baht for a violation of the Communicable Diseases Act and 40,000 Baht for a violation of the emergency decree – and/or two years in prison."

• Thanks 2

Just now, jackdd said:

From the second half:

"Those who refuse to receive vaccine jabs, as ordered, may face a maximum fine of 60,000 Baht – 20,000 Baht for a violation of the Communicable Diseases Act and 40,000 Baht for a violation of the emergency decree – and/or two years in prison."

Since there are no vaccines, the second half is meaningless.

Also, the paperwork required by May 31 can relieve the requirements for a jab.

11 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

one month in prison

foreshadowing?   no vac, one month prison.   now.  falangs now are fully aware prison is possible.  

maybe soon there will be 10,000 things a falang must do..... or prison.

home sweet home falang.......

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ukrules said:

This kind of law will almost certainly jeopardise the supply of vaccine.

You've got a very good point there. With the Chinese makers of Sinovac I hardly think they care too much but with other brands such as AZ or any others then I doubt they would want the headlines that their vaccines are being forced onto people with a threat of jail if they refuse.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Maybe we could flip this and insist if the Governor can't provide vaccinations for all those who sign up, he goes to jail until he can.

Didn't Prayuth say he'd take control over several ministries and is now the sole responsible for everything 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Maybe we could flip this and insist if the Governor can't provide vaccinations for all those who sign up, he goes to jail until he can.

Absolutely ace answer. This is by far the best solution to a problem i have heard in years.

Well said BritManToo!

1 minute ago, rabas said:

According to my Buriram relatives who are getting vaccinated today, it has already started.

Did they register first, or is this a case of some impromptu vaccination campaign?

Did any relative refuse the jab and go to jail?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

This is definitely a head scratcher.  You have nowhere near enough vaccines for all those who want them yet you feel you need to <deleted> people off and come out with this edict.  Unbelievable.  You can't make this stuff up.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Did they register first, or is this a case of some impromptu vaccination campaign?

Did any relative refuse the jab and go to jail?

Asked a question and then threw out the baiting point of your post once again.  Can you ever just accept things with a grain of salt instead of trying to prove your point is right?  If it happens I am sure it will be posted in an OP or shown on the news.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, dinsdale said:

Excellent. Refuse. Go to jail. Get covid in jail. Brilliant. Empty headed fools running the whole show here. Before covid I had always been astounded by the stupidity of those in power. Now? Well what's there to say other than the whole buy your way to power with an absolutely vacuous brain is on show for all to see.

A number of us jokingly invented the "Thai Thick Gene" ???? but it’s ironically turned out to be a truism! ???? 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, sungod said:

I'm kinda confused, first we had a bunch or foreingers complaining they couldn't get a vaccine, now we have a bunch of foreigners complaining they will be forced to have one. ????

We don't want the Chinese one pure and simple!!!

• Like 1