Good news! Foreigners in Thailand will soon be able to use walk-in vaccine centres

2 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

This means that in principle, foreigners will be able to use the walk in vaccination services as soon as they are up and running and the locations are confirmed. 

However, this all means in principle that this information will be outdated by tomorrow morning and replaced by anti-foreigner flip-flop demagoguery and counter statements assuring the Thai public that dirty expats will not be in the same line as clean Thais and that Thais will always be first and foremost, and the rhetoric regarding foreigners sharing in the vaccination program is being reevaluated at the highest levels as all foreigners should be last in line, well, just before tramps, lepers, and the homeless, and should be forced to pay.
Of course, in principle, that all will again change by Monday morning.
Stay tuned to the Flip-Flop Channel for more up-to-date confusing Flip-Flop News!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Boomer6969 said:

Buriram..

Actually I should add that she didn't get a appointment for herself neither for her Mum as I am the only one over 60.

Those with the pink ID card number can indeed register. My wife and her colleagues and students have been registering foreigners when they phone the hotline - That's if the app is not working and not accepting that ID. 

2 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Feel like I'm watching a table tennis match.

Walk-in centers now back on the table, after being off, after being on.

did you mean Ping Pong   555

I think AstraZeneca learned their lesson from over-promising to the European Union so did the opposite with Thailand and are actually going to deliver early. Hopefully this was what the spokesman was talking about rather than the 500,000 bonus jabs Beijing have just delivered.

5 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

This means that in principle, foreigners will be able to use the walk in vaccination services as soon as they are up and running and the locations are confirmed. 

The daily hopium.

Never gonna happen.

2 hours ago, DavisH said:

Those with the pink ID card number can indeed register. My wife and her colleagues and students have been registering foreigners when they phone the hotline - That's if the app is not working and not accepting that ID. 

Ah yes, the pink card.

But again, this article demonstrates there is zero need as WALK INS are available.

Geezercard ®© Always there but you don't need it.

Edited by kynikoi
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, edwardandtubs said:

I think AstraZeneca learned their lesson from over-promising to the European Union so did the opposite with Thailand and are actually going to deliver early.

AZ not gonna deliver anything to Thailand.

Thailand will produce the vaccine, of which the biggest part is designated for export, and part of it they can use for local consumption, but they still have to pay AZ for it, as they are only producing under license.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

However, he said that in principle, expats in Thailand will be able to receive the vaccine at one of the many walk-in centres that will be set up throughout the country.

I don't think he used the phrase "in principle" often enough. Needs to sound more mealy-mouthed.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Discussions are also underway to have separate walk-in centres for foreigners, which will be staffed by English speakers, in order to avoid any communication issues regarding vaccinations. 

Gee, what could go wrong there?

14 hours ago, CLW said:

Yesterday just out of curiosity I was looking for the vaccination center at Central Lat Phrao that was mentioned in the press. Couldn't find any. I thought the location 3rd floor was a typo, so I looked at 5th floor at the BCC venue, closed. I mean something like this must be big. Is it closed already and was just opened for one day as a PR stunt? Or a misreporting mixed up Centara Hotel and Central Plaza? So many questions and everything clear as mud....

[EDIT] I did a google search and found out that those idiots from a certain newspaper that can not be named are obvioulsy not able to distinguish between Central Plaza Shopping Center and Centara Grand Hotel which are close together but two separate buildings. Because the vaccination venue is the Skyhall event room on the 3rd floor of Centara Hotel.

When you went to the vaccination center, were there signs that noted the hours/days it would open and close? Was the vaccination center in operation when you were there?  Thanks for your help!

Why not pitch a couple of army tents on the beach in both Pattaya and Jomtien then use these as walk-in vaccination centers, easy for anyone to find and in a healthy environment for all concerned - Too easy I suppose !!!

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Geoffggi said:

Why not pitch a couple of army tents on the beach in both Pattaya and Jomtien then use these as walk-in vaccination centers, easy for anyone to find and in a healthy environment for all concerned - Too easy I suppose !!!

The location is not the problem

they could easily use the ground floor of Central festival if they wanted

the problem is they don't have the vaccine doses yet

(Except few thousand sinovac)

Before anyone gets all excited about this do yourself a favor and google Sinovac and AZ and read up on them. Those vaccines are not as effective as the 3 currently being used in America; After doing extensive reading on this I'm going to wait and get it in a private hospital late summer or early fall. The Hospital that I'm going to use already has my name and information. 

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, DavisH said:

You do not need a pink card, foreigners can do it with their tax number as well

10 minutes ago, pmarlin said:

Before anyone gets all excited about this do yourself a favor and google Sinovac and AZ and read up on them. Those vaccines are not as effective as the 3 currently being used in America; After doing extensive reading on this I'm going to wait and get it in a private hospital late summer or early fall. The Hospital that I'm going to use already has my name and information. 

I think we all know this, but they are better than a possible hospital stay if you contract the virus. You can always get a better vaccine when they become available, sticking it out to get s lightly more effective one is risky, and pointless.

21 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

he said that in principle

This means that in principle

foreigners, in principle, will be able to use

Tried to locate this place: Principle, but can't find it. Must be popular though, since it's mentioned so much...

Edited by klauskunkel

14 minutes ago, pmarlin said:

In all your reading did you bother to look up what "effective" means to epidemiologists? On the off chance you didn't, here it goes. Effectiveness has to do with how well a vaccine performs in stopping infection. It has nothing to do with the seriousness of the symptoms. As repeated studies have shown, Coronovac and AZ are very effective at suppressing symptoms serious enough to require hospitalization and against death.

You seem to be assuming that other vaccines will be available by early fall. Far from guaranteed.

There doesn't seem to be any reason why you couldn't get vaccinated with AZ or Coronavac as soon as possible and then get revaccinated with an mRNA vaccine when it becomes available.

• Like 2

May I be a dissenter, stick my neck out and agree this is good news?  - now I wait with bated breath and excited anticipation that in a few days time, I will have been vaccinated. What with? Don't know yet!

• Like 1