Jump to content

Good news! Foreigners in Thailand will soon be able to use walk-in vaccine centres


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

The herd immunity is a nice theory, but there is 0 country 

in the world having reached this level so far

and the news from the Seychelles are not very promising:

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/05/13/seychelles-most-vaccinated-nation-on-earth-but-covid-19-has-surged.html

 

The news suggests that herd immunity cannot be reached with Chinese vaccine. The results from Israel are pointing toward herd immunity, but I guess that youngsters have not yet been vaccinated.

Edited by placnx
news from Israel
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

the bad news is there are no walk in centers. 

Good news indeed!   It won't be long before they will be offering us free, one year visa extensions with every jab! 

Beware they now have millions of doses of Sinovac nobody wants. The Mor Prom registration system was a big flip flop coz of this. I want to take a vaccine but prefer one that's at least WHO approv

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Magenta408 said:

Just let them walk into hospitals like everyone else. Why centers for the jab? I tend to ask when?

Maybe because you don't want lots of potentially infected people entering a hospital?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I would caution against having the Sinovac vaccine if you intend to travel to countries where proof of vaccination is required. Most do not recognise Sinovac at the moment. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/15/2021 at 8:21 AM, Dmaxdan said:

Good news indeed!

 

It won't be long before they will be offering us free, one year visa extensions with every jab! 

Only in your Dreams

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

I also don't trust their government, but facts are facts.  China has done a great job handling the virus.

As previously mentioned it is amazing that you have those statistics in your head but never share your source of information from. 

Just exactly where do you get "they have done a great job from" and second, these are the same people told the World Health Organization that they could not find any clear evidence  of human to human transmission.  Perhaps that is because they are so sparsely populated? 


Hua Chunying 华春莹 on Twitter: "WHO warned about the risk of human-to-human  transmission of #COVID19 as early as 10 Jan in its note of guidance and  urged precautions even though initial Chinese
 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Thomas J said:

As previously mentioned it is amazing that you have those statistics in your head but never share your source of information from. 

Just exactly where do you get "they have done a great job from" and second, these are the same people told the World Health Organization that they could not find any clear evidence  of human to human transmission.  Perhaps that is because they are so sparsely populated? 


Hua Chunying 华春莹 on Twitter: "WHO warned about the risk of human-to-human  transmission of #COVID19 as early as 10 Jan in its note of guidance and  urged precautions even though initial Chinese
 

It's amazing that you believe there would be a serious covid problem in China and word not get out. China is not North Korea. It's an industrial powerhouse and as such is highly engaged with the world.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

However, he said that in principle, expats in Thailand will be able to receive the vaccine at one of the many walk-in centres that will be set up throughout the country.

And be sinovated into the bargin. What more could you posibly want???😂

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, vandeventer said:

What the government said all sounds good as long as we have a choice of vaccines. And who knows they might even have a drive-in vaccine center with pretty young girls that speak English jabbing the hell out of us.

A Jab with a happy ending.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/15/2021 at 2:37 PM, NCC1701A said:

i will just move from safe house to safe house until it gets here. 

I have safe in my house, its bit small but I could rent I out at a negotiated price!😀

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Xonax said:

With the extremely low fatality rate in Thailand in mind, I guess that the risk of dying from blood clots, after having the Sinovac or AZ vaccines, are almost equal to the risk of dying from Covid 19?  I will personally wait another 5 months or more to get Moderna or Pfizer jabs.

You are a wise man.  We know nothing about the long term effects of any of the vaccines.  If I am going to take a risk in getting a jab it only makes sense to go with one that has the highest reported covid effectiveness. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/15/2021 at 2:53 PM, RichardColeman said:

With no tourists, Thailand should try looking after retirees better.

 

I would imagine that the average age of retirees is at least 60. Based on that and average life expectancy of say a reasonable 85, that would mean 4% odd of retirees are dying each year. By easter next year , if they are still not open, near 10% of retirees would have died whilst the country is closed and not been replaced - that will have a knock on effect too.

Thank you for those encouraging words, especially for those of us in our twilight years. I shall remember to haunt you the remainder of your days.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/15/2021 at 2:11 PM, Jonathan Fairfield said:

This means that in principle, foreigners will be able to use the walk in vaccination services as soon as they are up and running and the locations are confirmed. 

It will not be that easy, it never is.  What's the betting that you will need to produce a Certificate of Residence from Immigration before you 'walk in'?  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sheryl said:

The app links to external databases and does identity verification based on ID cards.

 

Not at all simple to convert it to one that allows for multiple types of identification.  Note that many migrant workers (the largest group of foreigner) do nto have passports and there is more than one type of identification they may have.

Correct

 

I suspect he database holding Thai ID card numbers will be completely separate from any database holding a foreign passport number. Looking up a passport number will be done, probably with a link to Immigration department data. A separate app makes sense, and can use the same logic and some code as the original Thai one to book appointments. If they are for apppointments at the new English speaking centres then the database of vaccine locations will also need to be added.

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, placeholder said:

It's amazing that you believe there would be a serious covid problem in China and word not get out. China is not North Korea. It's an industrial powerhouse and as such is highly engaged with the world.

what utter nonsense. Its a lying, secretive, obstructionist, power crazy, xenophobic, untrustworthy, criminal State, that is directly responsible for this covid pandemic. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, placnx said:

The news suggests that herd immunity cannot be reached with Chinese vaccine. The results from Israel are pointing toward herd immunity, but I guess that youngsters have not yet been vaccinated.

That is the one problem that herd immunity couldn't technically be reached. "Technically" because isn't great at preventing infection but it is potent at protecting one from serious illness and death. So ultimately, one would want to take one of the mRNA vaccines. But until the time comes when they are available, it makes very strong sense to take the Sinovac if that's all that's on offer.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

what utter nonsense. Its a lying, secretive, obstructionist, power crazy, xenophobic, untrustworthy, criminal State, that is directly responsible for this covid pandemic. 

Whatever the truth of that may be, it would be impossible to hide the fact that hospitals are overflowing with covid patients given the large number of westerners who live throughout China. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, placeholder said:

Whatever the truth of that may be, it would be impossible to hide the fact that hospitals are overflowing with covid patients given the large number of westerners who live throughout China. 

I will concede that they had more time to develop a vaccine, as they kept the outbreak of  Covid 19 a secret for so long after it broke out and even silenced its own doctors/scientists who tried to blow the whistle and tell the World. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/15/2021 at 2:33 PM, CLW said:

I did a google search and found out that those idiots from a certain newspaper that can not be named are obvioulsy not able to distinguish between Central Plaza Shopping Center and Centara Grand Hotel

 

As a journalist, I've worked at some events in Thailand with local reporters. Not one of them would last a week in the real world. I saw one of them make three factual errors in his opening paragraph, which takes some doing.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/15/2021 at 2:33 PM, mtls2005 said:

Feel like I'm watching a table tennis match.

 

Walk-in centers now back on the table, after being off, after being on.

 

 

More like a tennis match 

Government 15. Farang love.

15 all 

Government 30 farang 15

30 all 

Government 40 farang 30

Deuce . Advantage government and so it goes on

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Kingdavo said:

becoming a joke on this site, as soon as i see a headline i know the crying whinging people will be all over it, no vaccines, poor us, some vaccines for locals? What about expats? How much will they charge us expats? Then vaccines for expats, not the right vaccine for you, then free vaccines for expats and you still complain, any wonder locals say if you dont like it, go home.  

Be grateful for once.  Just one time appreciate that you cryers are even in the conversation.

Free vaccines are available take it, you dont know whats in your flu jab or what the tablets you take everyday are made from you just take them, now everyones an expert in medicine 😂  lets not forget the people that say " do your research"  a few unsubstantiated youtube videos from some unqualified muppet, who also watched some youtube videos, and now they are experts.  Just take the vaccine and maybe the country that allows you to stay here can try and reopen and give the nation some hope of a tourist future, jobs to feed families, and schools to educate your kids as well as their own.

 Thank you i love you all 🤔😅

 

Hallelujah brother !

 

Welcome to the forum. 
 

You will soon learn thats

its all about them and their needs and not the Thai people. 

Edited by Kadilo
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, lavender19 said:

More like a tennis match 

Government 15. Farang love.

15 all 

Government 30 farang 15

30 all 

Government 40 farang 30

Deuce . Advantage government and so it goes on

 

 

 

 

Maybe, but the foreigner will never break serve to win the match. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pilotman said:

what utter nonsense. Its a lying, secretive, obstructionist, power crazy, xenophobic, untrustworthy, criminal State, that is directly responsible for this covid pandemic. 

...a state that has been built by Western money moving there.

First it was the Taiwanese companies who moved their production to the mainland in the nineties, then American capital followed (you know that almost every physical object you touched today is from China?) and now the EU supports them (Ms Merkel just happily concluded an agreement with China).

  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

I will concede that they had more time to develop a vaccine, as they kept the outbreak of  Covid 19 a secret for so long after it broke out and even silenced its own doctors/scientists who tried to blow the whistle and tell the World. 

Taiwan told the world in December 2019. 

The world didn't want to listen. 

Business with China was good (not only for tourism in Thailand)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kingdavo said:

becoming a joke on this site, as soon as i see a headline i know the crying whinging people will be all over it, no vaccines, poor us, some vaccines for locals? What about expats? How much will they charge us expats? Then vaccines for expats, not the right vaccine for you, then free vaccines for expats and you still complain, any wonder locals say if you dont like it, go home.  

Be grateful for once.  Just one time appreciate that you cryers are even in the conversation.

Free vaccines are available take it, you dont know whats in your flu jab or what the tablets you take everyday are made from you just take them, now everyones an expert in medicine 😂  lets not forget the people that say " do your research"  a few unsubstantiated youtube videos from some unqualified muppet, who also watched some youtube videos, and now they are experts.  Just take the vaccine and maybe the country that allows you to stay here can try and reopen and give the nation some hope of a tourist future, jobs to feed families, and schools to educate your kids as well as their own.

 Thank you i love you all 🤔😅

 

Bravo Bravo.gif

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...