Good news! Foreigners in Thailand will soon be able to use walk-in vaccine centres

On 5/15/2021 at 2:55 PM, kingofthemountain said:

and to not be a Thai citizen, i am free to leave at any moment if something 

like that happens

Yes, but are you free to arrive anywhere?

On 5/15/2021 at 2:24 PM, DirtyHarry55 said:

Beware they now have millions of doses of Sinovac nobody wants.
The Mor Prom registration system was a big flip flop coz of this.
I want to take a vaccine but prefer one that's at least WHO approved and so far Sinovac isn't.

Don't want it. Give it to me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kingdavo said:

becoming a joke on this site, as soon as i see a headline i know the crying whinging people will be all over it, no vaccines, poor us, some vaccines for locals? What about expats? How much will they charge us expats? Then vaccines for expats, not the right vaccine for you, then free vaccines for expats and you still complain, any wonder locals say if you dont like it, go home.  

Be grateful for once.  Just one time appreciate that you cryers are even in the conversation.

Free vaccines are available take it, you dont know whats in your flu jab or what the tablets you take everyday are made from you just take them, now everyones an expert in medicine ????  lets not forget the people that say " do your research"  a few unsubstantiated youtube videos from some unqualified muppet, who also watched some youtube videos, and now they are experts.  Just take the vaccine and maybe the country that allows you to stay here can try and reopen and give the nation some hope of a tourist future, jobs to feed families, and schools to educate your kids as well as their own.

Thank you i love you all ????????

Unfortunately, free vaccines are not available.  Nor can we pay for one if we want to (I do).  I doubt if I'll be grateful even when they are available.  Relieved, yes.  But after all the delays, and private hospitals being blocked from buying, grateful, no.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sheryl said:

The app links to external databases and does identity verification based on ID cards.

Not at all simple to convert it to one that allows for multiple types of identification.  Note that many migrant workers (the largest group of foreigner) do nto have passports and there is more than one type of identification they may have.

I don't see why they need to check identities, only make sure people only register once.

Migrant workers, good point, I hadn't thought of those.  Though, if they don't have passports, they must be here illegally and so should be rounded up and deported.  TIT though, so not going to happen.  Now, if they were Westerners......................

2 hours ago, Thomas J said:

If I am going to take a risk in getting a jab it only makes sense to go with one that has the highest reported covid effectiveness. 

Doesn't make sense.The risk of serious health problems through vaccination involved is infinitesimally minute, maybe slightly more than the risk of being decapitated by a frisbee or being reincarnated as an olive.The risk of waiting several months for a preferred vaccine is also small in the Thailand context, but a significant one if you are middle aged or overweight and/or have medical issues.Many reports on vaccines refer to efficacy but this is quite a different thing from effectiveness.For most members of this forum (and I'm guessing many are not exactly in the first flush of youth) the sensible option is to get vaccinated as soon as possible.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DefaultName said:

I don't see why they need to check identities, only make sure people only register once.

Migrant workers, good point, I hadn't thought of those.  Though, if they don't have passports, they must be here illegally and so should be rounded up and deported.  TIT though, so not going to happen.  Now, if they were Westerners......................

So better to that they are scared away from being vaccinated out of fear of deportation?

image.png

On 5/15/2021 at 2:11 PM, Jonathan Fairfield said:

However, he said that in principle, expats in Thailand will be able to receive the vaccine at one of the many walk-in centres

"In principle"

????????????

being developed specifically for foreigners.

What does that mean?

It will be in Latin? 

....or did he mean created in the top 5 languages of the world, not including Thai?

We're Tax Payers, Dammit.  Stop Racism in Thailand. Stop Dividing people in this country.  Stop making it harder for everyone by division and spite.

21 minutes ago, Bradmeister said:

being developed specifically for foreigners.

What does that mean?

It will be in Latin? 

....or did he mean created in the top 5 languages of the world, not including Thai?

We're Tax Payers, Dammit.  Stop Racism in Thailand. Stop Dividing people in this country.  Stop making it harder for everyone by division and spite.

I think people confuse racism with nationalism. Thailand is astonishingly non-racist when it comes to farangs. We know this because a disproportionate number of their successful actors are half-farang. I can't think of any other Asian nation where this is the case.

48 minutes ago, Thomas J said:

To each his own.  I will get vaccinated as soon as get Pfizer, Moderna, Astra Zeneca or "maybe" Johnson & Johnson are available.  I want to take "my risk" with something that shows a 95% plus effectiveness rate "based on testing in Western countries"   I have had too many experiences with other products coming out of Asia describing themselves as "genuine" to want to test their effectiveness in my veins. 

I'm with you.  I will do everything I can to avoid the Chinese and/or Russian versions

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, placeholder said:

I think people confuse racism with nationalism. Thailand is astonishingly non-racist when it comes to farangs. We know this because a disproportionate number of their successful actors are half-farang. I can't think of any other Asian nation where this is the case.

Hong Kong, India and Singapore to name 3.  

1 hour ago, Grusa said:

Yes, but are you free to arrive anywhere?

Yes of course

my country of origin, France, and its many overseas territories

all the europeans countries are open to me too

plus i have numerous options in few other places

my daughter lives actually in Mexico, this country is actualy open if i want

Just now, placeholder said:

Really, they have lots of half farangs? I've watched, alas, a fair amount of Indian shows, and never saw that. I can't speak for Hong Kong and Singapore.

Interestingly they do. They also like to cast full farang women and some mixed race , at least in India.  My  daughter and her friend, on holiday in Goa, were asked to take a cameo role in an Indian movie being shot there.   Apparently she was told that  this is quite a regular occurrence.  

Just now, Pilotman said:

Interestingly they do. They also like to cast full farang women and some mixed race , at least in India.  My  daughter and her friend, on holiday in Goa, were asked to take a cameo role in an Indian movie being shot there.   Apparently she was told that  this is quite a regular occurrence.  

In leads?

1 minute ago, placeholder said:

In leads?

Oh no, none speaking walk around in the crowd parts, no idea why. Maybe just adds to the exotic atmosphere of the movie, to an Indian audience that is? 

Edited by Pilotman

Therefore, the walk-in program will officially begin next week, rather than in June as initially anticipated. 

This means that in principle, foreigners will be able to use the walk in vaccination services as soon as they are up and running and the locations are confirmed. 

Once an official announcement is made to signal the opening of the walk-in vaccine program, foreigners, in principle, will be able to use the walk-in service, Mr Natapanu said. 

Ok, what is it then? Next week, as soon as they are up and running, or once an official announcement is made? Three variations.

1 hour ago, DefaultName said:

Unfortunately, free vaccines are not available.  Nor can we pay for one if we want to (I do).  I doubt if I'll be grateful even when they are available.  Relieved, yes.  But after all the delays, and private hospitals being blocked from buying, grateful, no.

Can you read? They will be available earlier than advertised.  You will never be grateful even if they carried you into the hospital with a choice of vaccines,  you are a guest in this country i expect,  Thailand didnt create this pandemic, but like the rest of the planet they must deal with it.  You say relieved, so you will get the vaccine, correct?  So why dont you get off your high horse, and say something oh i dont know like thank you, even if it dosent save your life, it may save someone close to you. 

This is a public service/expat information site, not for people to moan and complain about getting a life saving treatment.   Grow up and man up

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DefaultName said:

Your replys are hilarious ???? migrant workers, you are an immigrant, the phrase expats suits expats, we are all immigrants, ie: migrated from our home country.  How do you know they dont have passports? Round them up and deport them?  So now you want to be zenophobic in country that is not yours to decide who gets in and who dosent.  

I bet you are missed in your home country ????????????????????????

1 minute ago, kingofthemountain said:

Obviously you are new here

Im not new, just not really got involved in the chats before, but i just feel that some people need to be pulled up on the moaning.  This site has broken me ????????????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Kingdavo said:

Im not new, just not really got involved in the chats before, but i just feel that some people need to be pulled up on the moaning.  This site has broken me ????????????

Relax man

if we can not moan on this site

where are we going able to do that ?

On 5/15/2021 at 9:24 AM, DirtyHarry55 said:

Beware they now have millions of doses of Sinovac nobody wants.
The Mor Prom registration system was a big flip flop coz of this.
I want to take a vaccine but prefer one that's at least WHO approved and so far Sinovac isn't.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2021/5/4/eu-regulator-begins-review-of-chinas-sinovac-covid-19-vaccine