Good news! Foreigners in Thailand will soon be able to use walk-in vaccine centres

1 hour ago, Kingdavo said:

we are all immigrants, i

My original Visa and my annual extensions are on a 'none immigrant basis' , None 'O', we are not all immigrants by a long way.

• Like 1

On 5/15/2021 at 12:53 AM, RichardColeman said:

With no tourists, Thailand should try looking after retirees better.

I would imagine that the average age of retirees is at least 60. Based on that and average life expectancy of say a reasonable 85, that would mean 4% odd of retirees are dying each year. By easter next year , if they are still not open, near 10% of retirees would have died whilst the country is closed and not been replaced - that will have a knock on effect too.

And if they all take the vaccine and show side effects and eventually kick the bucket. Well, poor Thailand!

1 hour ago, Pilotman said:

My original Visa and my annual extensions are on a 'none immigrant basis' , None 'O', we are not all immigrants by a long way.

None o some o or whatever you believe, you are not from thailand, you are an immigrant,  like it or not ????

On 5/15/2021 at 2:11 PM, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Once an official announcement is made to signal the opening of the walk-in vaccine program, foreigners, in principle, will be able to use the walk-in service, Mr Natapanu said. 

Same old B/S this time from a "deputy" spokesperson. I will believe when someone sticks a needle in my arm and I hope the bill is not outrageous...

3 hours ago, Pilotman said:

If you need a visa or entry stamp in your passport you are an immigrant. Only Thai citizens and a chosen few (like diplomats and heads of state) don't require a visa.

• Thanks 1

On 5/15/2021 at 2:23 PM, NCC1701A said:

the bad news is there are no walk in centers. 

Newswire HuaHin- This just in. Thousands of dazed zombie like foreigners spotted wandering around the seven proposed vaccination sites mumbling Chinese mantras. Or were they spotted foreigners? We're not sure but they probably hadn't taken showers.

14 hours ago, Thomas J said:

As previously mentioned it is amazing that you have those statistics in your head but never share your source of information from. 

Just exactly where do you get "they have done a great job from" and second, these are the same people told the World Health Organization that they could not find any clear evidence  of human to human transmission.  Perhaps that is because they are so sparsely populated? 

Hua Chunying 华春莹 on Twitter: "WHO warned about the risk of human-to-human  transmission of #COVID19 as early as 10 Jan in its note of guidance and  urged precautions even though initial Chinese

What?  Have you ever heard of Google?  Do your own research on the number of covid cases in China.  Lookup how their economy is doing.  I've posted this here many times.  You can do it on your own.  Takes less than 30 seconds.

China has done great.  No denying that.  Well....other than being responsible for this mess in the first place.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

What?  Have you ever heard of Google?  Do your own research on the number of covid cases in China.  Lookup how their economy is doing.  I've posted this here many times.  You can do it on your own.  Takes less than 30 seconds.

China has done great.  No denying that.  Well....other than being responsible for this mess in the first place.

The Chinese and WHO both lied about Covid from the beginning

26 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

16 minutes ago, club said:

The Chinese and WHO both lied about Covid from the beginning

Agreed.  But that's not what we're talking about.  The subject is how they are doing NOW with regards to the virus and their economy.  And they're doing great.

Agreed, they are responsible for this mess, lied about it, and are still holding back information. 

59 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

Agreed.  But that's not what we're talking about.  The subject is how they are doing NOW with regards to the virus and their economy.  And they're doing great.

Agreed, they are responsible for this mess, lied about it, and are still holding back information. 

After what they did, its hard to believe a word they say about their economy and Covid. They are experts at hiding the truth

• Thanks 1

Just now, club said:

After what they did, its hard to believe a word they say about their economy and Covid. They are experts at hiding the truth

If CV19 was running wild in China, we'd know.  I've got several friends either there right now, or in daily contact with staff there.  Things are going great.  Concerts are on again, bars and restaurants are open, life is almost back to normal.  That's the truth.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

They probably developed the vaccine well ahead of the virus.

A friend told me.

31 minutes ago, AlfHuy said:

They probably developed the vaccine well ahead of the virus.

A friend told me.

Terrible conspiracy theory.  Tell your friend he needs a better source for his information.

1 minute ago, Jeffr2 said:

Terrible conspiracy theory.  Tell your friend he needs a better source for his information.

Ask the World Heath Organization. They seem to know a lot about China

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, George FmplesdaCosteedback said:

Same old B/S this time from a "deputy" spokesperson. I will believe when someone sticks a needle in my arm and I hope the bill is not outrageous...

FACT:  (health warning, this is not bu11sh1t.... it is happening - sorry if it doesn't suit the agenda of the conspiracy theorists)

Walk in vaccinations (including Farangs) are now taking place at the Chang Circuit in Buriram.  Free

On 5/16/2021 at 5:17 AM, pookiki said:

When you went to the vaccination center, were there signs that noted the hours/days it would open and close? Was the vaccination center in operation when you were there?  Thanks for your help!

Sorry, as I wrote I couldn't find the vaccination venue when I was there. 

I'm sure there are signs if you are at the right location.

Centara Hotel Lad Phrao, 3rd floor Skyhall event room.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, placeholder said:

That is the one problem that herd immunity couldn't technically be reached. "Technically" because isn't great at preventing infection but it is potent at protecting one from serious illness and death. So ultimately, one would want to take one of the mRNA vaccines. But until the time comes when they are available, it makes very strong sense to take the Sinovac if that's all that's on offer.

Using the mRNA vaccines as boosters after AZ and other vaccines has been suggested. There should be clinical trials before assuming that this is OK. I am concerned about selective pressure when using low efficacy vaccines.

Have we ever faced a virus that has been able to develop variants with increasing infectiousness so rapidly? Its ability to spread while asymptomatic and fairly lethal creates a health care dilemma. Perhaps this explains why there are around 270 vaccine projects in the pipeline.

12 minutes ago, placnx said:

Using the mRNA vaccines as boosters after AZ and other vaccines has been suggested. There should be clinical trials before assuming that this is OK. I am concerned about selective pressure when using low efficacy vaccines.

Have we ever faced a virus that has been able to develop variants with increasing infectiousness so rapidly? Its ability to spread while asymptomatic and fairly lethal creates a health care dilemma. Perhaps this explains why there are around 270 vaccine projects in the pipeline.

https://theconversation.com/3-doses-then-1-each-year-why-pfizer-not-astrazeneca-is-the-best-bet-for-the-long-haul-159137

Last week, the chief executive of Pfizer said anyone who receives its COVID-19 vaccine will probably need to have a third dose within 6-12 months after being fully immunised, and then likely one dose every year going forward.

We’ll need these because it’s likely that, for many of us, immunity will begin to wane within that time frame. The vaccine will also need to be tweaked to cover new coronavirus variants as they emerge.

The advantage of mRNA vaccines like Pfizer’s is they’re much easier to update than the “viral vector” vaccines like AstraZeneca’s. We should still use AstraZeneca now for over-50s, but our best long-term strategy is to use mRNA COVID-19 vaccines, and therefore to develop the capacity to manufacture them here in Australia.

1 hour ago, Jeffr2 said:

Last week, the chief executive of Pfizer said anyone who receives its COVID-19 vaccine will probably need to have a third dose within 6-12 months after being fully immunised, and then likely one dose every year going forward.

We’ll need these because it’s likely that, for many of us, immunity will begin to wane within that time frame. The vaccine will also need to be tweaked to cover new coronavirus variants as they emerge.

The advantage of mRNA vaccines like Pfizer’s is they’re much easier to update than the “viral vector” vaccines like AstraZeneca’s. We should still use AstraZeneca now for over-50s, but our best long-term strategy is to use mRNA COVID-19 vaccines, and therefore to develop the capacity to manufacture them here in Australia.

https://theconversation.com/3-doses-then-1-each-year-why-pfizer-not-astrazeneca-is-the-best-bet-for-the-lon-haul-159137

This link from Jeffr2 is a good read - source Australia. It advocates having mRNA production capacity there to speed up deploying boosters there. It's really important for the technically capable countries to create production capacity for mRNA and other advanced vaccines in the pipeline to distribute over the whole world.

We also need AI to figure who needs a booster when. At that point we can (at least) hope to stop the emergence of these dangerous variants soon after they emerge in developed countries. Elsewhere, such as India, there will need to be a major upgrade of health care. That is what PEPVAR proposes to do. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

Jeffr2

As I said, I would trust gas station Sushi more than any "official" figures released by China.  Your "evidence" that they are doing great comes from the same people who stopped travel within China but allowed travel to the rest of the world from Wuhan.  The same people who claim that a horseshoe bat which have existed for thousands of years suddenly flew from a cave 1,600 km away from Wuhan bit an animal which then was also not properly cooked was eaten and then contracted a human.  They deny any possibility that the Wuhan lab which was studying bat viruses only a few kilometers from the Wuhan outbreak could have possibly accidentally released it. These are the same people who said that there was no evidence of human to human transmission, yet they stopped travel within their own country following the outbreak. 

So when then the Chinese have been less than forthright in terms of many things including the Coronavirus I personally am skeptical of their official figures.  However after reading numerous posts by you, I am not at all surprised they would be a source you would trust. 

Try Google here is the link.  Same source as what you are 'quoting" as being the gospel
|
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/health/unearthed-who-tweet-goes-viral-23319291
image.png.87621e989c4324241e9e62ce4eb7a896.png

image.png.f34d00594ce36a2523e86f064103f19d.png

Also for your edification, I included the link on North Korea as well.  They have done fabulous,  Zero Covid Cases.  
image.png.080ceec80712eafec00d5e37bb4d6577.png

https://www.indiatvnews.com/news/world/north-korea-continues-to-claim-zero-covid-19-cases-experts-express-skepticism-703830

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Thomas J said:

Jeffr2

As I said, I would trust gas station Sushi more than any "official" figures released by China.  Your "evidence" that they are doing great comes from the same people who stopped travel within China but allowed travel to the rest of the world from Wuhan.  The same people who claim that a horseshoe bat which have existed for thousands of years suddenly flew from a cave 1,600 km away from Wuhan bit an animal which then was also not properly cooked was eaten and then contracted a human.  They deny any possibility that the Wuhan lab which was studying bat viruses only a few kilometers from the Wuhan outbreak could have possibly accidentally released it. These are the same people who said that there was no evidence of human to human transmission, yet they stopped travel within their own country following the outbreak. 

So when then the Chinese have been less than forthright in terms of many things including the Coronavirus I personally am skeptical of their official figures.  However after reading numerous posts by you, I am not at all surprised they would be a source you would trust. 

Try Google here is the link.  Same source as what you are 'quoting" as being the gospel
|
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/health/unearthed-who-tweet-goes-viral-23319291
image.png.87621e989c4324241e9e62ce4eb7a896.png

image.png.f34d00594ce36a2523e86f064103f19d.png

Also for your edification, I included the link on North Korea as well.  They have done fabulous,  Zero Covid Cases.  
image.png.080ceec80712eafec00d5e37bb4d6577.png

https://www.indiatvnews.com/news/world/north-korea-continues-to-claim-zero-covid-19-cases-experts-express-skepticism-703830

It's one thing for the chinese govt to withhold or misrepresent pieces of discreet scientific information. There is no way for that kind of thing to be independently checked. But if the covid pandemic was raging in China there's no realistic way it could be hidden. For one thing, there are far too many foreigners in China. Unlike North Korea which for some reason you believe is relevant to the discussion of what's occurring in China.

13 hours ago, hotandsticky said:

FACT:  (health warning, this is not bu11sh1t.... it is happening - sorry if it doesn't suit the agenda of the conspiracy theorists)

Walk in vaccinations (including Farangs) are now taking place at the Chang Circuit in Buriram.  Free

Do you know whether it's only Sinovac or do they also have AZ?

On 5/15/2021 at 2:24 PM, DirtyHarry55 said:

Beware they now have millions of doses of Sinovac nobody wants.
The Mor Prom registration system was a big flip flop coz of this.
I want to take a vaccine but prefer one that's at least WHO approved and so far Sinovac isn't.

No vaccine is safe but if you must, Sputnik V is the one.

here’s the catch, can’t get it anywhere here. 

29 minutes ago, Foggy Mario said:

No vaccine is safe but if you must, Sputnik V is the one.

here’s the catch, can’t get it anywhere here. 

Really? Even the Russians don't want that one. LOL

• Like 1

19 hours ago, placeholder said:

It's one thing for the chinese govt to withhold or misrepresent pieces of discreet scientific information. There is no way for that kind of thing to be independently checked. But if the covid pandemic was raging in China there's no realistic way it could be hidden. For one thing, there are far too many foreigners in China. Unlike North Korea which for some reason you believe is relevant to the discussion of what's occurring in China.

Some outbreaks have been reported and blamed on sources outside China. It's really a mystery how so many people left Wuhan for CNY last year (~5mn), but nothing was reported about the consequences.

This morning it was confirmed. Or at least given an expected date. Foreigners will be able to register in August. Yes. In three f***** months. And registration doesn't mean you'll have an appointment immediately. Or did the journalist understand it wrong and was talking about the possibility for foreigners to use the private hospital option? Because in this case I'll bet it won't happen this year because the vaccine manufacturers queue is filled up with previous orders. And I believe the companies more than this government. 

One thing is sure, once they open the walk ins for Thais at vaccination centers you'll see me first in the morning there. 

Ok but what type of foreigners? Does this mean anybody who's currently in Thailand even with a TR visa? I'm pretty sure most of us are moire interested in when we can go to a private hospital and pay for the vaccine of our choice? If it's going to cost around 3000b, what's the point to take a free shot if it's only AZ or Sinovac – unless those are the ones you want.