Good news! Foreigners in Thailand will soon be able to use walk-in vaccine centres

23 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

I'm done with the news here.  Creates more confusion than helps.

What the government said all sounds good as long as we have a choice of vaccines. And who knows they might even have a drive-in vaccine center with pretty young girls that speak English jabbing the hell out of us.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, vandeventer said:

What the government said all sounds good as long as we have a choice of vaccines. And who knows they might even have a drive-in vaccine center with pretty young girls that speak English jabbing the hell out of us.

I just got a bunch of jabs at a hospital in Bangkok.  The nurse was young, pretty and spoke English!  She did a great job, so I called her "sharpshooter"!!!!  She laughed like crazy. LOL

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, DavisH said:

Those with the pink ID card number can indeed register. My wife and her colleagues and students have been registering foreigners when they phone the hotline - That's if the app is not working and not accepting that ID. 

Just registered with my pink card too.

Fingers crossed.

79E23343-B10B-4C83-A1F4-6DAA83E0CAE0_4_5005_c.jpeg

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Percy P said:

But you have a attempted to register to early. From the latest one will be able to walk in and he vaccinated. I'm here or there. Whether I'm vaccinated or not but to enter another country one will have to undertake it

Samui told to register from may 1st for over 60s so i did that . i am pretty sure it will be sinovac if so i will wait for AZ

• Confused 1

I accompanied someone to Bumrungrad Hospital today. Im also registered there. In one one the buildings there was a counter set up regarding the covid vaccine.  I gave my hospital card to the person. She asked if I had a pink ID card or a yellow book. I told her an American passport with a retirement visa only. She wrote my hospital number, phone number, and email address on a piece of paper.

The person I was with was Thai. She entered her information with her ID card into a computer. 

At first I had the impression the rule might have been changed when I saw the special counter. But it was not.

53 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

Come on.  That's not true.  Do some research...please.

P.S. all of the jabs have side effects.  Just like almost all vaccines.

They should write on the box:

Potential side effect for men over 60: Increase of sexual activity guaranteed.

They would all rush to get vaccinated, yesterday.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Siam Bioscience-produced AstraZeneca vaccine passes quality testing

In a press release, James Teague, Country President, AstraZeneca (Thailand) Ltd said:

"We have seen a series of significant and promising progress in AstraZeneca's Covid-19 vaccine development in Thailand during the past weeks. First, the Thai Food and Drug Administration approved Siam Bioscience as a manufacturing facility for COVID-19 vaccine AstraZeneca. Last week, the samples of COVID-19 vaccine AstraZeneca made by Siam Bioscience passed the full tests the standard set by the Department of Medicial Sciences (DMS) for requirements such as chemical composition and safety.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2112755/siam-bioscience-produced-astrazeneca-vaccine-passes-quality-testing

Does not support what you said, 2 separate arrangements.

Google "AstraZeneca to send Covid jabs from Asia"

Your words were "AZ not gonna deliver anything to Thailand."

• Confused 1

Not many people want Sinovac, including me if I had a choice. On the other hand, the Chinese are not stupid, Covid in China is well under control and very many people outside of China have been vaccinated with Sinovac. Since there is a lot that we do not know about the whole vaccination thing (which one is best, how long does protection last, what are long term effects) I would say that something is better than nothing at all. If Sinovac is easily to be got and the others (Moderna, Pfizer) are not within short term reach I think I would go for it. By the time the effect wears off the world will be flooded with vaccinations of many brands and research will guide us the way as to which, when and how we should choose for the next inoculation. And the more people wait and refuse the less effective the whole vaccination campaign will be for reaching herd immunity. There are so many "experts" on every forum, it makes me tired, having a medical degree. Take it from me: take any jab that is available as soon as you can. It is the only way to get out of this mess.

• Thanks 1

On 5/15/2021 at 2:21 PM, Dmaxdan said:

Good news indeed!

It won't be long before they will be offering us free, one year visa extensions with every jab! 

Excellent!

As long as there is NOT a complete reversal tomorrow!!! Excuse my skepticism. 

Ahh, just one teensy weeny little thing, as todays "acrobat" refrained from mentioning WHICH VACCINE/s would be available? Sinovac or Astra Zeneca? Or both, as in either?

Kinda important guys as the majority of us white devils will only bare our shoulders for the Astra Zeneca!?

If all the above is true, may I respectfully suggest that Thailand just saved it's future tourist trade from annihilation!

2 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Contradictions abound.

At this point I think the only thing to do is wait for actual first  hand reports from people who show up at vaccination sites.

Isn't this fake news when the Government says Thais will be vaccinated first just last week? Then says their will be vaccination walk in sites for foreigners. Which is it? 

"He did however say that expats in Thailand can rest assured that they are in the government’s plans regarding the COVID-19 vaccine"

Until the next update when the goalposts will have been moved again.

TIT when I see it I'll believe it until then I'm not holding my breath!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dick Z said:

And the more people wait and refuse the less effective the whole vaccination campaign will be for reaching herd immunity. There are so many "experts" on every forum, it makes me tired, having a medical degree. Take it from me: take any jab that is available as soon as you can. It is the only way to get out of this mess.

The herd immunity is a nice theory, but there is 0 country 

in the world having reached this level so far

and the news from the Seychelles are not very promising:

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/05/13/seychelles-most-vaccinated-nation-on-earth-but-covid-19-has-surged.html

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DefaultName said:

How complicated is it to make an app for foreigners?

Copy the Thai version, add a box for Country and allow passport numbers as ID. Country is needed as passport numbers are only unique for that country, theoretically several people could have the same passport number if they're from different countries. 

Looks simple to me. 

The app links to external databases and does identity verification based on ID cards.

Not at all simple to convert it to one that allows for multiple types of identification.  Note that many migrant workers (the largest group of foreigner) do nto have passports and there is more than one type of identification they may have.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Thomas J said:

Do we really know that?  I would trust Bill Cosby as my bartender,  gas station sushi or an Email from a Nigerian prince telling me I have just inherited millions more than the party line from the Chinese. 

image.png.339b2d3112164d2a111776a85c01d636.png

Maybe because there are hundreds of thousands of foreigner living in China and if hospitals were overwhelmed, we'd know about it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Xonax said:

With the extremely low fatality rate in Thailand in mind, I guess that the risk of dying from blood clots, after having the Sinovac or AZ vaccines, are almost equal to the risk of dying from Covid 19?  I will personally wait another 5 months or more to get Moderna or Pfizer jabs.

More chance if dieing from an overdose of the verbal diarrhoea they serve ample amounts of.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Dick Z said:

Not many people want Sinovac, including me if I had a choice. On the other hand, the Chinese are not stupid, Covid in China is well under control and very many people outside of China have been vaccinated with Sinovac. Since there is a lot that we do not know about the whole vaccination thing (which one is best, how long does protection last, what are long term effects) I would say that something is better than nothing at all. If Sinovac is easily to be got and the others (Moderna, Pfizer) are not within short term reach I think I would go for it. By the time the effect wears off the world will be flooded with vaccinations of many brands and research will guide us the way as to which, when and how we should choose for the next inoculation. And the more people wait and refuse the less effective the whole vaccination campaign will be for reaching herd immunity. There are so many "experts" on every forum, it makes me tired, having a medical degree. Take it from me: take any jab that is available as soon as you can. It is the only way to get out of this mess.

I can see your point the vaccines last around 6 months maybe longer . if sinovac is the only choice at the moment i could be worth having the 2 jabs .then at least you have some protection. then later can see if a better vaccine is compatible with it . 

10 minutes ago, Thomas J said:

Do we really know that?  I would trust Bill Cosby as my bartender,  gas station sushi or an Email from a Nigerian prince telling me I have just inherited millions more than the party line from the Chinese. 

image.png.339b2d3112164d2a111776a85c01d636.png

What's NK got to do with China?  Bizarre.

I've got many friends either in China, or stuck here and trying to get back for their work.  All report life is good there, no raging virus, concerts are back on...everything is fine. 

I also don't trust their government, but facts are facts.  China has done a great job handling the virus.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Okey how much for us?

weird here about vaccines they keep splitting up the place in locals and foreigners while in my homecountry the difference in nationality not even a single time was mentioned. We can get it, we cant get it, its free, no we have to pay, we need a work permit, no we don’t need a work permit. You know just what keep it..

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Percy P said:

But you have a attempted to register to early. From the latest one will be able to walk in and he vaccinated. I'm here or there. Whether I'm vaccinated or not but to enter another country one will have to undertake it

yes for travel reasons sinovac and sputnik are not recognized by wester countries  

42 minutes ago, sandyf said:

Does not support what you said, 2 separate arrangements.

Google "AstraZeneca to send Covid jabs from Asia"

Your words were "AZ not gonna deliver anything to Thailand."

You're right. Thanks for the correction.

• Like 1