SURVEY: Should Thailand mandate vaccination?

Scott

SURVEY: Should Thailand mandate vaccination?  

325 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Right. People are totally clueless. The reason we're so rabid about forcing people to get vaccinated is what? If you can still be infected and pass it on, what are we talking about? Forcing someone to maybe have fewer symptoms, and maybe subjecting themselves to violent side-effects? Why do we care about what happens to them? Does nobody realize the vaccine doesn't stop transmission?

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

What would the global mortality be without mitigation measures (lockdowns, social isolation etc) ???

Yes that's a  a way out there thought,   maybe if left to run its natural course it would have been all over and done with by now  (slash and burn) no time to mutate into new variants and everything already "back to normal"   we will never know know.

5 hours ago, billd766 said:

I have the right NOT to be infected by somebody who refuses to be vaccinated.

But wait a minute, according to the vaccine fanboys here, when you are vaccinated the chance of getting infected is very small, and virtually nihil that you will be symptomatic.

5 hours ago, billd766 said:

The person who refuses vaccination does NOT have the right to infect anybody else.

Again, the person who is exercising his rights to not get vaccinated, can according to the fanboys only infect like-minded people who decided not to get vaccinated.,

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

7 minutes ago, johng said:

Yes that's a  a way out there thought,   maybe if left to run its natural course it would have been all over and done with by now  (slash and burn) no time to mutate into new variants and everything already "back to normal"   we will never know know.

Had Covid-19 been permitted to run its unabated course we’d have known a more realistic mortality rate.

In such a circumstance, as virologists struggle to keep up with the antigenic drift the existing vaccines fail to make in impact… fortunately the consequence of that ‘critical mass’ does not await us. 

It’s fortunate we never found out. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

30 minutes ago, sanooki said:

Right. People are totally clueless. The reason we're so rabid about forcing people to get vaccinated is what? If you can still be infected and pass it on, what are we talking about? Forcing someone to maybe have fewer symptoms, and maybe subjecting themselves to violent side-effects? Why do we care about what happens to them? Does nobody realize the vaccine doesn't stop transmission?

Wrong. It doesn't absolutely stop all transmission but it stops a lot of it. The J&J vaccine, which the Yankees were inoculated with, stops anywhere from 66-72 percent of transmission. Given that the J&J vaccine virtually stops the development of serious symptoms and death, the very unlikely possiblity of "violent side-effects" seems a poor reason not to get vaccinated.

And the mRNA vaccines are even better at stopping transmission. Not 100% but pretty close.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, johng said:

How fast mutations are formed has nothing to do with time but rather how many are infected. The more infections there are, the more opportunity for mutations.

Where's the bubble for:

If you're a fearful old geezer just GBH

Foreigners telling other foreigners that they want a government foreign to them to force a vaccine on them (that has some rather scary odds of killing them). 

Surreal

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, kynikoi said:

Where's the bubble for:

If you're a fearful old geezer just GBH

Foreigners telling other foreigners that they want a government foreign to them to force a vaccine on them (that has some rather scary odds of killing them). 

Surreal

Why exactly is it relevant that the govt is foreign? The question is whether or not it's good policy.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Why exactly is it relevant that the govt is foreign? The question is whether or not it's good policy.

Because it's bad enough if you're a citizen of the nation but if you're not...sounds like a mega human rights issue. Sinovac not even who approved.

Any person or entity forcing you to do something with your body is a non-starter. Authoritarian

Thailand could require it or leave but to force inject you. That's insane

Edited by kynikoi

Just now, kynikoi said:

Because it's bad enough if your a citizen of the nation but if your not...sounds like human rights issue. Sinovac not even who approved.

Any person or entity forcing you to do something with your body is a non-starter. Authoritarian.

In other words, if you're a non-citizen living in a nation not your own, you should be exempt from certain govt. decrees? Really?

The rest of your objections have nothing to do with whether or not one is a citizen. 

• Like 1

I will probably be vaccinated when the vaccine that I choose to have jabbed in me becomes available here.

To those who support mandatory vaccinations for all, regardless of which one it is, then that's fine by me, but I will ask that they have a mandatory annual jab for influenza and sign a waiver that entitles them to no compensation if they have any side effects.

Also, realize that COVID will become endemic and you are looking at jabs for the foreseeable future, not a one-off double dose.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

I don't think treatment for a foreigner is free anyways is it ?

Chinese vaccine . 

Will be available  soon , free for Thais .

Foreigner , hopefully free for those , who dare ..555

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

Had Covid-19 been permitted to run its unabated course we’d have known a more realistic mortality rate.

In such a circumstance, as virologists struggle to keep up with the antigenic drift the existing vaccines fail to make in impact… fortunately the consequence of that ‘critical mass’ does not await us. 

It’s fortunate we never found out. 

The mortality rate would have been extremely high, seeing as there would be no health care or health care workers, hospital beds, oxygen, surgeons, to look after anyone with COVID, Cancer, broken bones, people with pneumonia, stroke, the list goes on.

There is no way that anybody knows this in May 2021.  Unless you're one of "those people".  

• Like 1

To force anyone to take a vaccine, even if that force comes in the shape of of limited access to jobs or businesses, is immoral. 

We've had flu vaccines for decades and yet we still get the flu. What makes anyone think that this vaccine is going to work? And what about the next virus? Another vaccine? There's been many reports of people having adverse side effects, even death from these vaccines. I trust big-pharma as much as I trust big-tech and government. The large majority of the population is not at risk of dying from this virus. I avoid medication as far as possible. I eat health and stay fit and I never get sick. I own my body and have to right to choose what chemicals I put in it.

We've been making criminals out of people with addiction problems for decades. Are we as a society really considering jailing innocent people, removing them from their families and their lives by force,?Potentially ruining their lives, for refusing to partake in this crazy experiment? If so, then we are certainly living in a fascist world. Who is going to make it right if I die or am permanently affected by either the vaccine or my time in prison? Who is going to compensate me if I lose my livelihood as a result of jail time? No-one, and certainly not the same people who are trying to force us to take the vaccine.

Viruses have and always will be part of our environment. We can keep out immune system strong and take practical steps to avoid spreading it. But that's it. This is about money and power. Governments get more and more power over the population, and the pharmaceutical industry is creating billions of a life-long customers at the barrel of a gun.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, KannikaP said:

Read the OP again, only suggesting it is mandatory to REGISTER for the vaccine.

The question was "Should Thailand mandate vaccination?" Respondent #1 referenced registration, but that was not the question.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Brunolem said:

As far as I know, no country in the world has mandated Covid vaccination, and that includes all the totalitarian regimes.

Why exactly should Thailand inflict upon its population what no other country has done?

In every country, there is a sizeable number of pro-covid vaccination (fanatics) who are vaccinated and thus protected from the virus, but who won't be satisfied as long as everyone else won't get their shots.

Why are they so hell bent into forcing everyone to be safe from the Covid virus, but not from, say, the dangers of smoking or of eating junk food, is a mystery.

Why not mandate the suppression of everything that is dangerous for humans? Why focus only on the Covid virus?

I am definitely pro-covid vaccination and got my 2 jabs but I am not fanatic, I really don't care about anybody else refusing the jab and in the end infect each other. Up to them !

13 hours ago, WhatsNext said:

Yes they do, everyone has laws against murder, violence and so on. NO ONE has a law that goes against the basic human right of bodily integrity.

You expect people to take an experimental vaccine which could cause harm and death just to prevent to cause that to someone else ? You'd be the first of course except the crazy clown of Buriram. 

Within 3 days you will find a newflash "buriram mayor misquoted" and the whole insanity will be backpedaled again. T.i.T.

Experimental vaccine which could cause harm and death. Any numbers/links/evidence ?

7 hours ago, elliss said:

Chinese vaccine . 

Will be available  soon , free for Thais .

Foreigner , hopefully free for those , who dare ..555

Read the thread and the posts I qouted.

I was not talking about the covid vaccine.

5 hours ago, Albert Zweistein said:

Experimental vaccine which could cause harm and death. Any numbers/links/evidence ?

Ema, CDC, WHO, Germany, denmark, Holland banning astrazenica from certain groups, Norway and many others. Use Google instead of ignorance

No, because I do not think vaccination is the entire solution to this problem.

There are also two other arguments. Let's see what people think:

1. Biological objection. While the vaccines may well be of some benefit by delaying transmissions until such time as the virus has mutated itself out of existence (as happened with Spanish flu), I cannot think of a better way to jeopardise the whole of humanity than forcing every person to undergo a simultaneous medical intervention that may yet have unforeseen harmful effects. I do not think it wise to interfere with human biology on a sudden, universal scale.

2. Moral objection. By having a vaccine you are agreeing that you can only live by medical intervention. Your life is then subordinate to laboratory technology. You have given up on your own natural defence mechanisms. You have lost your natural integrity, which, like your virginity, can never be recovered. You have become not only a coward but a kind of cyborg.

Edited by Mr Derek
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Mr Derek said:

No, because I do not think vaccination is the entire solution to this problem.

There are also two other arguments. Let's see what people think:

1. Biological objection. While the vaccines may well be of some benefit by delaying transmissions until such time as the virus has mutated itself out of existence (as happened with Spanish flu), I cannot think of a better way to jeopardise the whole of humanity than forcing every person to undergo a simultaneous medical intervention that may yet have unforeseen harmful effects. I do not think it wise to interfere with human biology on a sudden, universal scale.

2. Moral objection. By having a vaccine you are agreeing that you can only live by medical intervention. Your life is then subordinate to laboratory technology. You have given up on your own natural defence mechanisms. You have lost your natural integrity, which, like your virginity, can never be recovered. You have become not only a coward but a kind of cyborg.

Do you object to taking antibiotics ?... 

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 1