PM tells Corrections to treat COVID-19 infected inmates humanely, as cases in prison surpasses 10,000

snoop1130

ป้ายเรือนจำพิเศษกรุงเทพมหานคร..jpg

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha has instructed Thailand’s Corrections Department to step up active screening of prison inmates and to treat sick prisoners humanely, like any other patient, as the COVID-19 surge continues in prisons, with cases found in prison surpassing 10,000 this month, said Government Deputy Spokesperson Traisulee Traisoranakul today (Monday).

Dr. Traisulee said that the prime minister is concerned over the situation in prisons, because of their cramped conditions and limited space, which are ideal for the spread of the disease, adding that he has instructed the Corrections Department to work closely with the Public Health Ministry in the efforts to contain the disease and to treat the infected inmates.

Total COVID-19 infections in prisons this month are 10,748, according to the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA). Cases between May 12th and 16th are:

• Central Chiang Mai Prison, 3,929 cases among 6,469 inmates;
  • Central Women Correctional Institution, 1,039 cases among 4,488 inmates;
  • Bangkok Remand Prison, 1,960 cases among 3,023 inmates;
  • Central Khlong Prem Prison, 1,016 cases among 8,088 inmates;
  • Central Chachoengsao Prison, 43 cases among 2,671 inmates;
  • Thonburi Remand Prison, 1,725 cases among 4,015 inmates;
  • Central Special Correctional Institution, 12 cases among 5,876 inmates
  • Nonthaburi Prison, 59 cases among 2,661 inmates.

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/pm-tells-corrections-dept-to-treat-infected-inmates-humanely-as-cases-in-prisons-soar/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2021-05-17

• Sad 3
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, ikke1959 said:

The Government want to vaccinate everybody with Sinovac.. that is ok although it is proved that it is low working. The Government still claim it is best medication.. so let them prove it on the inmates. Than they have hard evidence that it is working... It has nothing to do with Mengele he was doing other things... You don't trust Sinovac too as it seems 

How about you go first, then you won't be one of the foreingers complaining about no vaccines. I can arrange it for you if you don't know how. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Artisi said:

How about you go first, then you won't be one of the foreingers complaining about no vaccines. I can arrange it for you if you don't know how. 

Why dont you go first Mr, Sinovac lover?

2 minutes ago, club said:

Why dont you go first Mr, Sinovac lover?

Trust you're referring to the poster to whom I was replying ????

Edited by Artisi
  • Like 1

Oh wow, when a person says something often times the opposite is what they were thinking.  

Just a childish statement.

If he cared about anyone he would ensure that the workers were vaccinated right now.  But I bet he doesn't think of things like that.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Artisi said:

I get my first jab as foreigner on the 7th how about you?? did you register yet or are the one is too scared and only wait for better ones?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, robblok said:

I don't think its the best vaccine around. I doubt its efficiency. But Mengele did medical experiment on prisoners. Kind of like what your suggesting. Of course I exaggerated a bit but your suggesting prisoners for medical experiments is a bit unethical. 

Experimenting on people who don't volunteer is IMHO unethical. 

I know what Mengele did..and this is not an experiment. Everybody needs a jab and the choice is Sinovac and Astra Zenica and the last one has side effects that can be dangerous, but Government claims that Sinovac works good as you read a few days ago ... so it is not unethical.. or is vaccinating the normal people in the country with Sinovac different than people in prisons?

• Like 2

Corrections Department ensures no concealing actual number of COVID-19 infections, as cases

1960005491_..jpg.4392297575b013461594bec

The Corrections Department said it has not, and will not conceal the actual number of COVID-19 infections among prison inmates.

The doubts among the public began when the number of newly infected cases among the inmates rises fast in the past few days, with a total of over 10,000 cases tested positive this month, most of whom over the past week.

Director-General Aryut Sintoppant said that the rapid increase stems from the 100% proactive screening, being conducted by the department for reporting to the Ministry of Public Health.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/pm-tells-corrections-dept-to-treat-infected-inmates-humanely-as-cases-in-prisons-soar/

Logo-top-.png

7 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

0.55% of the population is behind bars. (557/100k) - that's mad.

Clearly locking people up doesn't work.

Back on topic...

I think Ikke1959 might possibly be thinking in the correct way, just maybe - I hope, poorly expressed. ????

His post was a but 'Mengele' though...????

Why don't the prison authorites offer their 'guests'

- & I'm so tempted to make a joke, the Sinovac?

Something has got to be done, other than making broad statements about "humane treatment".

Otherwise, there will most probably be a lot of dead prisoners.