What's your best guess? When will bars re-open in Pattaya?

Senechal

6 hours ago, NaamGin said:

This won't be a popular post, but here goes...

Never...

If you still think the reaction to this virus is about the public's health, then you aren't paying attention... 

I guarantee you that if the restriction on bars is lifted, there will be beers on sale seconds later. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I guarantee you that if the restriction on bars is lifted, there will be beers on sale seconds later. 

It's not if, it's when, but I wouldn't be holding my breath.  

11 minutes ago, bkksteve123 said:

Chonburi will close borders to Bangkok in early June and bars in Pattaya will open on 11th of June 2021, right on time for EURO 2020 kickoff.

Opening the bars for who?

42 minutes ago, bkksteve123 said:

Chonburi will close borders to Bangkok in early June and bars in Pattaya will open on 11th of June 2021, right on time for EURO 2020 kickoff.

Another traditional gold mine the pubs will likely miss out on unfortunately.  I'll be pleasantly surprised if they open before July but even if they do restrictive closing times will probably be unfavourable for watching the games. Pity,

• Like 1

On 5/19/2021 at 9:50 PM, nightfox said:

Hard to see Phuket opening on July 1 without any nightlife. My Guess July 1  bars will open in Orange zone which will probably mean by that time it will be everywhere but Bangkok.

This is also what I think.

Schools open before bars, that is for sure and they will open on June 14th, so bars opening 2 weeks later would seem about right. Probably not in Bangkok though, sadly for them.

Phuket can't really open it's borders without the entertainment industry being open - if they open it there and not in other places everybody will want to go there and all hell will break loose.

If I was a gambling man I would def go with July 1st most places open till 11pm outside of BKK.

9 hours ago, bkksteve123 said:

Without customers from Bangkok they won't make much of profit!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Without customers from Bangkok they won't make much of profit!

Well it was something of a joke. The locals/expats can only support a few bars in central Pattaya, but surely that's better than nothing?!

I live in the darkside and we don't see many tourists here, it makes little difference if people visit from BKK. The bars are supported by local expats.

Nobody knows when the bars will open.

• Like 1

Created a similar thread some weeks ago. If Thailand cannot guarantee a full rewarding experience (the whole package basically) the trip makes absolutely no sense. 

I ´ve a feeling even in December they´ll come up with retarded rules / social distancing bullsh*t

Edited by Alex9191
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/28/2021 at 1:38 AM, Alex9191 said:

Created a similar thread some weeks ago. If Thailand cannot guarantee a full rewarding experience (the whole package basically) the trip makes absolutely no sense. 

I ´ve a feeling even in December they´ll come up with retarded rules / social distancing bullsh*t

It's not just bout their rules.  There may not be enough business open to provide a nice holiday experience.  

On 5/19/2021 at 2:00 AM, Senechal said:

When do you think / hear bars will re-open?

If that means "when will the bar scene in Pattaya return to pre corona levels" there is more to it than just 60% or so being vaccinated in LOS.

Not only does it have to be perceived to be "safe" to open the bars, there have to be enough mongers having enough money to be able to travel to LOS, enough plane seats to carry them, and enough affordable places to stay when they get to Pattaya. IMO mongers ( the ones that actually use bars ) will NOT be staying at the big hotels, given the prices they charge.

In my experience of LOS, when times get tough prices go up, and that's going to have a direct effect on intending bar stool sitters.

If it's just about getting a beer in a bar, that might happen soon as enough vaccine gets put in people's arms, whenever that will be.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, pomchop said:

a neighbor in usa went on and on last fall about BS rules and how the media hyped up covid, political rant about taking away freedom etc......refused to wear mask get vaccinated etc.....result? both his mom and dad died of covid....neighbor and his two teen age sons got covid...neighbor on ventilator and almost died and still has serious problems....two teens survived but also have some problems....

you can't fix stupid.

Nothing to prove Mom and dad didn't catch COVID from the mailman than pass it on.

But on the plus side, Mr. anti-mask will have a bit of inheritance.

........ and who gives a poop about their neighbours?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/31/2021 at 12:40 AM, pomchop said:

"retarded rules and social distance BS??"

a neighbor in usa went on and on last fall about BS rules and how the media hyped up covid, political rant about taking away freedom etc......refused to wear mask get vaccinated etc.....result? both his mom and dad died of covid....neighbor and his two teen age sons got covid...neighbor on ventilator and almost died and still has serious problems....two teens survived but also have some problems....

you can't fix stupid.

Please give a link to prove that they all got corona from him.

• Like 1

On 5/31/2021 at 11:57 AM, BritManToo said:

Nothing to prove Mom and dad didn't catch COVID from the mailman than pass it on.

Western countries are testing the DNA of the virus from certain infected people to see if it is the same virus for a cluster they are trying to trace and shut down.

Not sure if Thailand is doing that, but it is possible to see if the mail man has a different virus to the family member.  

1 hour ago, Leaver said:

Not sure if Thailand is doing that, but it is possible to see if the mail man has a different virus to the family member.  

I live in Pattaya area...... what's a mailman?

7 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Please give a link to prove that they all got corona from him.

yeah right..i have no idea who got covid from who and doubt that is even possible to establish...all i know is what my neighbor told me and of course there is no " link" to a simple conversation between neighbors,,,,all i know is he was vocal about covid being a hoax and never once saw him or his teen kids  wear a mask.....fortunately i left last fall so did not come into further contact with him til i returned two weeks ago and found out about mom, dad, kids, him all getting it....

6 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

So, "assuming much" then. When one doesn't have facts to back up what one says in public it behooves one to qualify it with an "in my opinion".

so i guess my neighbor telling me in person about all his families covid problems is "assuming much"....i "assume" he likely has more facts about his situation than a keyboard warrior in thailand....ok IN MY OPINION if that will satisfy your oh so high standards of "proof".

On 5/19/2021 at 7:22 AM, bkk6060 said:

I spoke to a girl yesterday who works on Soi 6 she has heard one to 2 more months.

I whispered gently into her ear . yesterday ..

Pattaya sex trade , wont ever be same same again . 

Then , she asked me to marry her ..

Live in Udon , together , forever ....555

• Haha 1

I am pretty sure we will opening of bars for the fully-vaccinated tourists who start entering Thailand at the start of July.

In true Thai-style, I expect customers' vaccine passports to be rigorously checked at the door, while all the staff will be unvaccinated.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

My guess is they will open everything up again end of June, they will get complacent, another wave will hit and we'll be back in lockdown by the end of July.

Hope I am wrong but that is a rare occurrence.  

Akin to flogging a dead horse.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Poet said:

I am pretty sure we will opening of bars for the fully-vaccinated tourists who start entering Thailand at the start of July.

In true Thai-style, I expect customers' vaccine passports to be rigorously checked at the door, while all the staff will be unvaccinated.

I don't think there will be many fully vaccinated tourists coming from July. Will the bars open up just for a handfull of tourists? I can't see the bars letting in vaccinated customers and turning away unvaccinated customers.

• Like 1