What's your best guess? When will bars re-open in Pattaya?

Senechal

1 hour ago, sucher said:

I always check first what is happening on the Stages. Then i sit down and order .  I left many again before ordering . Never hesitated to do that .

The so called music became so dire and loud the last few years that I often went inside and went back out again straight away.

Oh for the days when they played decent rock and roll.

37 minutes ago, Leaver said:

It's a statement, and not so bold.

Airlines will refuse to carry unvaccinated passengers.  Happening already.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-55048438

Most likely no travel insurance for unvaccinated tourists as well.

Maybe unvaccinated people could swim here.  ????

So one airline?

22 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

From what date? where are you getting this info from? 

A bold ( and likely untrue ) statement on your part.

Unvaccinated tourists can come to Thailand anytime they want as it stands, so long as they do the 15 day quarantine.

As long as you show the airlines proof that you have been vaccinated twice and had a negative test no older than 72 hours.Not sure about the need for insurance.Form an orderly queue please.

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Quite nauseating. I didn't pay to look at a load of unattractive BGs wobbling about on a stage. One has to wonder why anyone would go all the way to Pattaya from, say, the UK, to rent a fat BG when they could probably have a fat burd any time at home.

Spot on. And who does the interviewing? Some has a look at the gals and says, yeah baby. You qualify. Huh? Really? 

8 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I very much doubt that is even possible, and apparently some governments are now edging towards what, IMO they should have done from the start, and realizing we are going to have to live with corona, just as we do with the flu.

True.  I should rephrase.  The spread of the virus has to be stopped.  I agree, humanity will have to live with the virus, and deal with any future mutations.  

However, once 70% on the population has been vaccinated here, and in other countries, there will come  point in time where the risk to the community, and medical infrastructure, become acceptable, and countries open up, as per life as we knew it, pre covid.

Currently, it's all about vaccinated supply, and vaccination rate, to progress towards that goal. 

"Sandbox" and all the other BS here is just typical Thai smoke and mirrors.  

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Travel insurance will be the main one.  

Insurance is available for pretty much anyone for anything, albiet at a premium if you're considered a risk, that's their business, insurance will continue to be available for unvaccinated people.

20 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Link please, so we can see if the premium is cost inhibitive to travel.  

Link not required, think about old people complaining about medical insurances, it's not impossible to get insured it just becomes very expensive.

I'm sure the price of Covid insurance will increase the more people are vaccinated.

16 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Link not required, think about old people complaining about medical insurances, it's not impossible to get insured it just becomes very expensive.

I'm sure the price of Covid insurance will increase the more people are vaccinated.

It's not about old people, it's about ALL tourists, globally.

Yes, an unvaccinated traveller may still be able to get travel insurance, but at what cost?  Possibly at a cost that prohibits their holiday.

Insurance companies may say, Covid cover X price.  No covid cover y price.  Will unvaccinated travellers take the risk of financial ruin to travel unvaccinated with no covid cover? 

Will countries, other than Thailand's $100,000USD insurance, accept unvaccinated and uninsured tourists? 

Who picks up the medical bill for unvaccinated covid infected tourists who can't pay?

Edited by Leaver

4 minutes ago, Hanuman2547 said:

You hear people say that things are closed in Pattaya but when you actually see photos/videos of it actually being closed like this one it's really different. 

The video and music also touch a soft spot in me. Pattaya was far, far from Perfect pre-Covid, but still there were so much laugher, happiness, noise,  chaos, street shows, even the odd bar fight kind of added to the energy of Pattaya. Now all gone, only the cat is left, sitting alone in the street.

Lets see the video again.

On 6/26/2021 at 12:38 AM, ExpatOilWorker said:

Thanks for posting that. It's a bit of a shock seeing it so visibly, rather than just talking about it.

However, on the one hand I think it had become so shabby and decrepit that such a fate would have inevitably happened as farangs realised that grotty bars and fat gogo dancers were no longer good value, and stopped going to Pattaya for monging.

Looking at the VDO one can see just how unattractive the entire Walking Street is and how grotty the bars are. Despite having so much time to make the street more attractive they have done nowt.

On the other hand, a sudden sharp shock rather than a slow decline to nothingness MAY instill some outside the box thinking, and improve the experience- they still have time to do so. One can only hope lightning will strike in the needed areas to force an improvement. They can only go up, after all.

Personally, I'd love to be in Pattaya now. Bars or no bars it must be better for those that are there than when the horde was blocking the roads with huge tour buses, one had to run to cross the street alive and farangs were exploited and taken for granted.

• Like 1

On 6/25/2021 at 7:38 PM, ExpatOilWorker said:

I find a lot of the comments on that youtube clip a little surprising.  

It's like many people back in their home country simply thought that when Thailand opens its borders, the party will kick off in Pattaya, and all will be the same as it was before covid. 

After seeing this youtube clip, maybe they now have a small insight into the extent of the economic devastation here. 

Edited by Leaver
  • Like 2

On 6/27/2021 at 11:14 AM, ExpatOilWorker said:

The video and music also touch a soft spot in me. Pattaya was far, far from Perfect pre-Covid, but still there were so much laugher, happiness, noise,  chaos, street shows, even the odd bar fight kind of added to the energy of Pattaya. Now all gone, only the cat is left, sitting alone in the street.

Lets see the video again.

I just watched that again to check, and there are loads of overhead wires on Walking Street! Not as much as before they supposedly buried them, but still plenty, and the big electric cables are still there.

So what happened? Was it just a big con?

On 6/26/2021 at 10:19 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

Personally, I'd love to be in Pattaya now. Bars or no bars it must be better for those that are there than when the horde was blocking the roads with huge tour buses, one had to run to cross the street alive and farangs were exploited and taken for granted.

i would be worried about being exploited now more then before, being a walking target basically.

there's a certain safety in numbers and when your blending into a crowd. who wants to be the only guy getting a taxi from the airport, or getting anything else for that matter when so many people are desperate and out of work.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1