What's your best guess? When will bars re-open in Pattaya?

Senechal

51 minutes ago, cclub75 said:

So we need a few more months... in order to achieve a large campaign... let's say december.

Then it will be clear that... it's absolutely not a game changer : "Covid cases" will continue to popup.

Unfortunately, this makes a lot of sense. Vaccines -- at least the ones available now -- will not make much of a dent I'm afraid. As it stands now we're seeing new variants pop up every few weeks.  And the "95% efficacy" sure looks questionable.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, saakura said:

Since you asked us to make a guess... i would say all gogo bars will open on Friday 20th May ???????? and i hope you can hold on till then, less than 72hrs to go!

That's some positive thinking....

: D

Edited by Senechal

5 hours ago, Senechal said:

Or better yet, some inside scoop from a somewhat reliable source?

The decision on when to reopen hasn't been made as the situation is fluid.

The impression I get is that bars won't all reopen for at least another couple of months. There seems to be a realisation that bars and the entertainment industry are a fertile breeding ground for the virus and as such I imagine there will be a reluctance to reopen bars quickly.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OneMoreFarang said:

You could check the news. Updated daily... 

Yeah its like 2k+ per day... but those numbers are skewed by the infections found in the prisons.

So at what number are we below the critical threshold for bars and clubs to re-open ?

37 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Yeah its like 2k+ per day... but those numbers are skewed by the infections found in the prisons.

So at what number are we below the critical threshold for bars and clubs to re-open ?

Infections nationwide don’t matter in the decision to open bars in Pattaya.

8 hours ago, Danny Australia said:

Bars will reopen once the current outbreak in BKK is contained. My guess 15 August

Then there will another spike on the 16th August and they will be closed again on the 17th August.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Danderman123 said:

If Chonburi goes two weeks with zero infections, the pressure to re-open would be enormous.

Awesome, that will attract  the infected Bankokians like a moth to a naked flame !!

17 hours ago, cclub75 said:

Then it will be clear that... it's absolutely not a game changer : "Covid cases" will continue to popup.

There are also other "lethal" viruses and endless mutations  of them to contend with

like the human race has(n't) been contending with since time began  to keep the "vaccinators" in business for quite a while yet  I'd imagine ????????