Thailand reports 2,636 COVID-19 cases, 25 new deaths

webfact

28 minutes ago, Olmate said:

Try to stay abreast.. Prisoners are nothospitalised with general population.

The prisoners are hospitalised though are they not?Where do the serious patients from prisons go?

Edited by FarFlungFalang
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Because the 600 infected prisoners do not go into the general population hospitals. 

From what the government has said, they will if their condition requires beyond what is required or available within the field hospital and/or prison hospital settings.

The National Economic and Social Development Council (NESDC) has insisted that the government has enough funding to rehabilitate the economy and help people affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.

NESDC deputy secretary-general Wanchat Suwankitti said the public should not worry about the adequacy of the state’s finances to handle the pandemic and rehabilitate the economy in 2021 and 2022.

He said the government has as much as 391 billion baht available to assist people affected by the pandemic. This includes a 167 billion baht balance from the 1-trillion-baht emergency loan decree and 98 billion from the central budget year 2022. Moreover, 37.1 billion baht is left over from the 40.3 billion earmarked in the central budget for fiscal year 2019 to assist people affected by the pandemic.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, anchadian said:

A field hospital was set up in the factory where a Covid-19 cluster occurred in Phetchaburi province. High-risk people have been quarantined and all workers will be paid compensation for lost wage.

@TNAMCOT

https://twitter.com/TNAMCOTEnglish/status/1395218308341714946

With all these impromptu field hospitals being set up, I wonder who takes the official count of new admissions and releases to the CCSA for the totals.

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Sad 1

25 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Failry sure someone will jump in and talk about vaccines. Fair enough. Sinovac them all. That should do it. Thought I would share this though. Interesting.

https://www.krtv.com/news/national/fully-vaccinated-man-in-ohio-hospitalized-with-covid-19

Note this is Pfizer. Sinovac is less effective.

Interesting yes, sad yes, but not totally unexpected with the US having vaccinated around 125 million people

1 hour ago, robblok said:

Just curious what your point is. I mean this just proves that the virus ratio stays the same its not getting worse its not getting any better either. So yea these numbers will probably stay unless people are vaccinated. I wonder if the hospitals can keep going. 

Government has to loan extra money for the economy (was in the news a few days back) seems there is a big shortage of money.

I have spent 3 weeks posting here that the data indicates that the wave has crested, and cases are flatlining, and I got 100 derisive emails telling me that I was wrong and that catastrophe is coming Real Soon Now (although nobody ever defined catastrophe, except for BKKBrian, who sort of admitted that the flat number of new infections would result in fatalities down the road, and that was his version of catastrophe).

So, please forgive me from repeating what should be obvious to everyone.

• Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

From what the government has said, they will if their condition requires beyond what is required or available within the field hospital and/or prison hospital settings.

But that number is in the single digits.

Yes cases outside prisons seem to be around 2000 all the time.

Doing a reasonably good controlling this B117 Kent strain. Certainly a much better job than in the UK where it really got out of control quickly and killed many thousands.

We are not out of the woods yet but it could have been a lot worse.

The Brits single worst day with the B117 strain was ,1,823 dead.

The Thai total dead so far is 678 over a year and a half.

• Like 1

Third wave of pandemic could be death sentence for Thai hotels

Two years ago, the seaside in front of Seksith Pimolnat guesthouse on Phuket’s Patong Beach was packed. Holiday makers from Siberia, China, and the various corners of the European Union crowded together in a cacophonous revelry.

Today, Patong is deserted. Another casualty of the coronavirus pandemic.

“Many of my friends have had to close their hotels and move back home or find a different job,” Seksith told Thai Enquirer. “For them, whatever plans there are to reopen is too late. They are finished.

https://www.thaienquirer.com/27726/third-wave-of-pandemic-could-be-death-sentence-for-thai-hotels/

Just curious what your point is. I mean this just proves that the virus ratio stays the same its not getting worse its not getting any better either. So yea these numbers will probably stay unless people are vaccinated. I wonder if the hospitals can keep going. 

Government has to loan extra money for the economy (was in the news a few days back) seems there is a big shortage of money.

Indeed, the Gov,t have agreed to borrow another 700 Billion Baht to fight Covid.

Interesting to see that only 30 Billion Baht  was directly aimed at fighting Covid in the way of Vaccine purchases, PPE , laboratories,  Hospitals Etc.

I guess the other 630 Billion will be used for propping up Business's, SME,S, Gov,t handouts, and bad debt Etc.

Just now, Bkk Brian said:

Yes but there was another crest after the one 3 weeks ago, this time only 3 days ago, on the 17th May, 2,773 community spread. They seem unable to stop.

The numbers for the general population crested 3 weeks ago.

you love to add in or subtract the prison numbers depending on what nit you want to pick.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Yes but there was another crest after the one 3 weeks ago, this time only 3 days ago, on the 17th May, 2,773 community spread. They seem unable to stop.

In many province infected numbers act like yo yo! If they only wait people to walk in hospital to get tested this will never end! There have to be thousands cases all over coundry. Most whitout symptoms and those all spred virus forward!

Edited by 2 is 1
  • Like 1

My question is, how many people have died in prison ?

They can not self-isolate. They are all stuck together.

They differentiate every day between people infected with Covid in and outside prison.

Why don't they do the same with people who died?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Vaccinations Update for Thursday:

First section is total new doses for the past day, with first and second dose subtotals. The lower section is cumulative doses thus far, with first and second shot subtotals. Thailand thus far has given first doses to more than 2 percent of its 70 million population, but only fully vaccinated more than 1 percent.

2088788830_Vaccinations05-20-21.jpg.a68c0c632f2fd3b9b444b6e2306bd63a.jpg

notice no inclusion of a separated number of prison vaccinations

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

The numbers for the general population crested 3 weeks ago.

you love to add in or subtract the prison numbers depending on what nit you want to pick.

Nothing to do with prison numbers, I'm surprised you missed the second crest 3 days ago, 2,773

Do you want to nit pic on that?

Also where did I say a "catastrophe"?

May be an image of text

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Ian223 said:

Sticking to the prison cases + 2000 formula it would appear.

If I give them the benefit of the doubt (which is probably not reasonable), it may be that their testing capacity is beyond the 2K but their ability to deliver test results might be limited to approximately 2,000. 

• Like 1

TIMELINE: Pattaya and Si Racha informs residents who visited places in relation to recent Chonburi Covid -19 cases

Tesco Lotus Harbor Mall Laem Chabang in Thung Sukhala, Si Racha on May 10th from Midday to 1:00 P.M..

See Moom Mueang Market in Thung Sukhala, Si Racha on May 10th from 5:00 P.M. to 6:00 P.M. on May, 13th from 4:30 P.M. to 5:00 P.M. and on May 15th from 5:00 P.M. to 5:30 P.M..

Nuan Jan Market in Thung Sukhala, Si Racha on May 12th from 4:30 P.M. to 5:00 P.M..

Together Barber Shop in Soi Buakhao, Pattaya on May 13th from 2:00 P.M. to 2:30 P.M..

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/05/20/timeline-pattaya-and-si-racha-informs-residents-who-visited-places-in-relation-to-recent-chonburi-covid-19-cases/

• Like 1
  • Sad 1