Majority of expats are happy with their life in Thailand: Survey

16 hours ago, pedro01 said:

No - go back and have a read - was 12,000 - but you have to wonder where they asked?

Like - was it 2am at the entrance of walking street and only asking males over 60 accompanied by 2 teen females?

No, 12,000 in 186 COUNTRIES AND TERRITORIES AROUND THE WORLD.

16 hours ago, lupin said:

it was 12,000 in 186 countries ... the number in Thailand was 59

• Like 1

16 hours ago, lupin said:

it was 12,000 in 186 countries ... the number in Thailand was 59

12.000 in 186 countries , that's a little more then 1 person a country ???????????????? damn these surveys must be accurate of what is really going on . 

10 hours ago, Patong2021 said:

Does your sister stay in the far north or in a prison camp? That would explain high cost.  I took 10 seconds and make search.   Watermelon 11 lb  $4.97  https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/watermelon-large-seedless/6000196088051

Considering watermelon is not in season, the price is rather good.  At least she can get something. Try getting fresh  berries in Chiang Mai out of season.

I see that large mixed garden peppers Red Yellow, orange  are 6 for  $4.99 at president Choice chain.  That's about 130 baht.  I have to pay 30 baht for decent red pepper if they are available.  That's 180 baht for 6 and they are 1/2 the size of those on sale in advert.  Walmart is hardly place for  quality fresh produce but price and quality looks  better than typical grocery store in thailand.

Did your sister tell you, she  has received or will receive  high quality vaccine, no charge and that no government minister is saying foreign people do not qualify for vaccine?   It is wonderful you can get on airplane and land in Koh Samui in an hour. Don't forget to mention the  bloated airfare or the bloated cost of taxi from airport.  Every country has plus and minuses, but the cost to maintain a good quality of life is just as expensive in Thailand as it is out of Thailand. 

Thailand is wonderful until one gets a critical care illness, or loses mobility or vision. Then it is a very difficult place to be. 

Wow...the fruits and veggies seem way cheaper in Canada than Australia. And we grow almost everything.

I just had a glimpse at Coles/Woolies:

1 x red pepper $2.97 (70 baht)

1kg bananas $4 (95 baht)

8kg watermelon on promo - $20 ( 480 baht)

1 x dragon fruit - $5 (120 baht)

Edited by gearbox
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, pedro01 said:

No - go back and have a read - was 12,000 - but you have to wonder where they asked?

Like - was it 2am at the entrance of walking street and only asking males over 60 accompanied by 2 teen females?

I suggest YOU read again. It was 12,000 internationally. 

The survey was carried out online. 

16 hours ago, Randell jones said:

No matter what, your worse day here Is always going to surpass any day you had in your  mother country. 

Well we don't all live in the D. R. of the Congo.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Rocking Robert said:

A country of 70 million people only 800 Covid deaths in the last 16 months I believe that’s pretty damn good or am I missing something here

Lately......the first 12 months there were very few Covid cases, then they  let it get out of control.

regards worgeordie

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

How can we not be.

Driving drunk and get cought. Brown envelop and go

No drivers license. brown envelope and go.

No helmet on scooter. Brown envelope and go.

Want to have a girl for tonight. Checked..

Killing someone when driving. brown envelope and go( if get caught)

Have a condo and only pay 400bht a month for service. well ty

Eat outside 2 times a day for 200bht. Well ty

Need a massage. 200bht and ty

Thats the good things and since its morning ill ski the bad things

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

17 hours ago, pedro01 said:

17 hours ago, pedro01 said:

12,420 living in 186 countries.

Edited by bradiston
Duplicate

They didn't poll many on this forum. We know there's corruption and sad road fatality rates, yep but the level of cheap shot criticism and sarcasm can be tedious. 

It wouldn't matter which country the TV moaners lived, as they'd still find something to bitch about. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, gearbox said:

I think the survey was done with real expats, usually people posted here by multinational companies. Most of the foreigners in Thailand are not expats, they are economic refugees.

Economic refugees. Now that is a great term!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Rocking Robert said:

A country of 70 million people only 800 Covid deaths in the last 16 months I believe that’s pretty damn good or am I missing something here

800 is what the government told you.

The same government that spent billions on fake bomb scanners.

The same govt that spent billions on submarines to defend Thailand from a ghost.

The same govt that bought some blimps that never flew a mission

How many people in Thailand out of 66 million have been tested?

Why is it a year and half later hardly any vaccines?

Yes sir, you stand in line and believe everything they tell you.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

Lately......the first 12 months there were very few Covid cases, then they  let it get out of control.

regards worgeordie

very few because very few were tested.

You cannot find what you are not looking for.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I'm leaving Chiang Mai and Thailand in 3 weeks after having lived here for more than 4 years. I am not willing to damage my health any further due to the horrible air quality during the burning season and the sometimes racist comments from members of the government.... All in all I did not feel well here despite the wonderful nature and the mostly very nice people 

• Thanks 2

Most of us generally on Thai visa chose to live in Thailand 

For what ever reason 

I myself try to  remain positive here there have even a few times 

When negative but overall

Enjoy the life style  people and  the weather 

• Like 1