Majority of expats are happy with their life in Thailand: Survey

21 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

Still, an Australian expat shares: “I am impressed  with the way the Thai government has managed issues associated with the COVID-19 pandemic.”

Was he riding a Kangaroo or facing defamation charges at the time ????

No it must have been a Wombat.

6 hours ago, Dialemco said:

Thailand is good if you have money. If no money the suicide rate is very high.

Thailand is no longer a cheap country to live or holiday in. Many things are cheaper in the Europe. 

But many things are a lot more expensive. In the UK there is the local community tax which you HAVE to pay, whether you are living there or elsewhere, Thailand does not. Water and sewage are much cheaper with my monthly water bill of +/- 125 baht. The honey truck costs about 800 baht once or twice a year. ALL my trash is taken away once a week for a huge 30 baht per month. Fuel, cooking gas etc far cheaper.

The down side is poor public transport in the sticks and we are 6km from the nearest in the big village where admittedly I can get a bus to BKK (350 km) 4 or 5 times a day, however to get to Kamphaeng Phet I need to get to the big village ad then take a baht bus 60 km to KPP.

Extremely Happy..... until we have to deal with racism and bigotry when it comes to laws or immigration/Visa permits.

How many millions of Baht in taxes do non thais have to pay? Why do we need to continue segregation and division? 

" Back of the Bus"  mentality needs to be reformed.

• Confused 2

23 hours ago, lupin said:

so ... survey asked a whopping 59 people living in Thailand to come up with this nonsense

I don't think InterNations has many members who are retired old blokes on pensions. 

I've been to a few InterNations events in Bangkok as well as ones in Hong Kong and Singapore and the demographic was professionals on expat salaries.  Mostlye mid to late 30's with some mid 40's and a couple of early 50's blokes.  The only noticeable difference in Bangkok was it was all Western men and some Thai women, whereas in other countries it was a good mix of expat men and women with make and female locals that work for international companies. 

• Thanks 1

On 5/20/2021 at 2:19 PM, lupin said:

so ... survey asked a whopping 59 people living in Thailand to come up with this nonsense

23 hours ago, pedro01 said:

No - go back and have a read - was 12,000 - but you have to wonder where they asked?

Like - was it 2am at the entrance of walking street and only asking males over 60 accompanied by 2 teen females?

NO, go back and have a read yourself! - the 12,000 you speak about was not just from Thailand:-

"The survey, which was carried out between 7 to 31 January 2021, had a total of 12,420 expats participating from 174 nationalities and living in 186 countries or territories."

• Like 1

On 5/20/2021 at 2:58 PM, pedro01 said:

Like - was it 2am at the entrance of walking street and only asking males over 60 accompanied by 2 teen females?

They're right....LOVE IT! ????

4 hours ago, jonclark said:

My wife by contrast is always nagging me to move out of Thailand and go to the UK, so whose wife is right...lol. 

not sure about you - but my wife is always right... 

'if a man speaks in the forest, and there's no woman there to hear him - is he still wrong?' 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, nchuckle said:

By standard logic those that felt that way would be there (and the vast majority are,aren’t they?) and wouldn’t be included in the survey. Constructive criticism about a military junta,appalling road deaths,poor environmental issues makes them childlike and whining does it…or are you completely happy with the aspects i identified ?

no, constructive criticisms purpose is to improve a situation. No foreigner on this site is going to change anything, hell half of em' have to bribe immigration just to be allowed to stay here lol.. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, DBath said:

Are you sure you wanna post that? You must have had a rather sad existence. Even I grew up in a poor socioeconomic household, but I could never imagine saying that. 

Your right times were hard, one time my mother sent me next door with a button to ask the lady to sow a shirt on it. 

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

How many times do we have to hear that nonsense---"I'm ganna go -yer ganna go soon honest really soon....cant tell you all where, its a secrete place ...but its so much better then here--just cant tell you where........LOL............

You sound like a bitter cheap Charlie who has no way out of here. I’ve already been many places better than here. That said, there are things I like here and things I don’t, like anywhere else.  

Barring my residency application to another country is not accepted, which is highly unlikely given my financial  means and bank stmts provided with my application. There’s also the FBI certificate and Hong Kong marriage license I had to get apostilled, which were done to the satisfaction of the Embassy where I applied (again, not telling). These along with all the other boxes have been checked off, leaving no stone unturned. 

So please, tell me again what a crock my claims of leaving the Kingdom are, as you look forward to living the rest of your miserable life here. 

Edited by DBath
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, DBath said:

You sound like a bitter cheap Charlie who has no way out of here. Barring my residency application is not accepted, which is highly unlikely given my financial  means and bank stmts provided with my application. There’s also the FBI certificate and Hong Kong marriage license I had to get apostilled, which were done to the satisfaction of the Embassy where I applied (again, not telling). These along with all the other boxes have been checked off, leaving no stone unturned. 

So please, tell me again what a crock my claims of leaving the Kingdom are, as you look forward to the rest of your miserable life here. 

DBath, I'd like to share a nice bottle of chateauneuf- du-pape with you, sound like a very interesting man. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DBath said:

Barring my residency application to another country is not accepted, which is highly unlikely given my financial  means and bank stmts provided with my application. There’s also the FBI certificate and Hong Kong marriage license I had to get apostilled, which were done to the satisfaction of the Embassy where I applied (again, not telling). These along with all the other boxes have been checked off, leaving no stone unturned. 

Damn, son. U a gangsta.