Majority of expats are happy with their life in Thailand: Survey

11 hours ago, covidiot said:

treated like kings. yeah right.

unless it's some place with a ridiculous residency scam where you have to drop 2 million to get a residency. 

Nope, but it sounds like you've been had by one such scheme, perhaps? Or maybe you just haven't been many other places?

12 hours ago, SiSePuede419 said:

You've obviously never done mushrooms at a Grateful Dead show.

That was a pretty good day, unmatched in Thailand (whatever drugs they do at the Full Moon Party makes you want to listen to bad techno music). ????

I have...

3 hours ago, DBath said:

Or maybe you just haven't been many other places?

give us a hint at least.

which continent?

first letter.

no, i haven't lived/worked in 50 countries like some people on here. 

Edited by covidiot

19 hours ago, kennw said:

Agree dumb survey (the terms) for example "would you rather be dead or alive" Obvious answer. How about what are the good things vs bad things? The "go home thing is not a legitimate answer" 

disagree. 'go home' is a legitimate answer. No one (but another crybaby) wants to hear folks opinions on 'good things - bad things'  wah wah wah .If you don't like the way Thais run their country don't pollute the air with all the crying, go home and sob about it - besides, whiners like their own company, they make each other seem normal so you'll be much more appreciated back in 'whine country' 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, WineOh said:

Your are totally lost bro. 

by your logic then should black people in america just shut up, stop whining about police brutality and go home? Or do you only apply this logic to white people via reverse racism? 

People of all nationalities, regardless of where they choose to call homr have a right to whinge about the country they are in. 

the right to moan is a human right of expression, as is the right to compliment when things are done well. Its called free speech. 

lol - I've heard it all now. Poor underprivileged white people being subjected to such abuse ???? BTW your name is most fitting..

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, from the home of CC said:

ol - I've heard it all now. Poor underprivileged white people being subjected to such abuse 

are you claiming that white people cannot be the subject of racial discrimination?

I would just like to clarify this.

thanks

• Thanks 1

On 5/20/2021 at 3:32 PM, Ventenio said:

30% are NOT happy .........

and 70% LIED.

like anywhere......new and different is fun, cheaper means it can all last longer, but in the end women will be women, money will be money, and life will be life

ups and downs.   Thailand is great, good, fun, really fun, cheap.......  and then you get older and great goes to good...........

Been here 23 years, quite happy to stay another 23.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 3STTW said:

Sometimes it’s easy to forget that you happy in TH, usually it’s other expats that assist in that process.

If I was back in my home country my life would be significantly diminished, so I’m prepared to tolerate the local idiosyncrasies and language problems that we endure.

The one thing that does get my goat is the inability of expats to work or run businesses here. I came on a Thailand Elite with the expectation of  a great place to live, and to work on a casual basis with overseas companies. 

Since then, I have formulated a great business idea which would include technology and manufacturing. This would be directly in line with the Thai government’s requirements for the EEC and “S-Curve” start-ups. But I can’t do it on my current visa. My options are to ditch our visas (and lose the money) and go through all the rigmarole of getting a ‘business friendly’ visa for me - and then my wife.

This means I will need to set it up in Singapore after the Covid crisis, any manufacturing I decide to do here would be low paid, donkey work rather than high-value engineering and computing.

So yes, it is a great place to live but it’s frustrating to see the Thai government stab themselves in the foot with their own pitchfork.

Seriously?

You are going to pay Singapore costs to save you from having a courier come get your passport, then leave and return?

I see self sabotage, nothing more than that

1 hour ago, pedro01 said:

Seriously?

You are going to pay Singapore costs to save you from having a courier come get your passport, then leave and return?

I see self sabotage, nothing more than that

You misunderstood. I cannot set up a business here under my current visa. However I can set up the same business in Singapore and retain my current visa status in TH. 

I would much prefer to establish the business here but that’s the way the government regulations work at this time.

In fact, tax wise, the costs are far less in Singapore. Setting up a business there takes a couple of days. In TH it takes 3 months for a BOI company.

Thailand just doesn’t have any incentive for entrepreneurs, both visa and tax wise, why would I bother?

• Like 1

I am quite happy with my life here. I love most Thai people. I find most to be infinitely more pleasant than the average American back in the US. The cost of living here is good. Not cheap. But reasonable. I was blessed to find an amazing Thai woman, whom I have have spent many great years with. 

Having said all that, my fulfillment here comes entirely despite the extremely toxic and incapable goons running the nation, which appears to be moving in a backwards direction, over the past several years. 

• Like 2