Thai Justice Minister orders compulsory Covid-19 vaccine injections to all Ministry officials

webfact

tm.jpg

PHOTO: Thairath

By Nop Meechukhun

Bangkok – Thai Justice Minister Somsak Thepsutin stated today, May 20th, that he has mandated Covid-19 vaccine injections for all government officials working in the ministries jurisdiction to prevent any active case of Covid-19 Coronavirus in the workplace.

Essentially, this means all corrections workers in the prison system in Thailand will be required to take a Covid19 vaccine or quit their job.

The Minister reasoned that the order is prioritized as an urgent matter to upgrade health preventive measures after a significant number of Covid-19 infections were gradually reported among thousands of inmates nationwide.

All of the Director-Generals were ordered to allocate Covid-19 vaccines for everyone in the department, including low-to-high rank government officials, employees, and workers at the ministry.

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2021/05/20/thai-justice-minister-orders-compulsory-covid-19-vaccine-injections-to-all-ministry-officials/

PattayaNews.jpg

25 minutes ago, crazykopite said:

It’s clear this Muppet

has never heard of the Human rights act yet is seen fit to hold the enviable position of Justice Minister you just couldn’t make this up as the advert says 

“ Amazing Thailand “

Thailand was one of the first nations to sign the UN's Universal Declaration of Human Rights.

I found this from the wiki page. It starts with the above as the first sentence and sounds encouraging. Once past the first sentence, it goes downhill incredibly quickly.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_rights_in_Thailand

3 hours ago, webfact said:

All of the Director-Generals were ordered to allocate Covid-19 vaccines for everyone in the department, including low-to-high rank government officials, employees, and workers at the ministry.

But bu**er the inmates?

• Like 2

I assume the minister has been vaccinated? Be nice if he shared his status: which vaccine did he get, when?

Again, a piece-meal "plan" done fiefdom by fiefdom is counter-productive. 

The "government" should have an overall plan for all government officials. If justice (oversees corrections) needs it, then prioritize them and fit them into the plan/schedule.

Like to see the minister take the lead on the drugs problem, which has led to the incarceration of ~ 225,000 (75% of the total) very low-level users. For a start at least arrest one drug king-pin.

Thailand's growing reputation as a vertible wholesale drug market, transhipment, seems to be back where it was in the 70's? While the "authorities" claim to be shocked, and point to fictional drug-lords who can't be located.

"Drugs? Leaving Thailand? Packed in barbeques? My gosh, how could that happen?" (Pointing finger at Myanmar.)

Edited by mtls2005
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Sydebolle said:

Based on what law or authority can a commissioned minister in a legalized junta government start ordering such stuff?

See The Communicable Disease Act of 2015

And layer on the long-running Emergency Decree.

Either/both allow the regime and it's minions to do ANYTHING they want.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

I assume the minister has been vaccinated? Be nice if he shared his status: which vaccine did he get, when?

Again, a piece-meal "plan" done fiefdom by fiefdom is counter-productive. 

The "government" should have an overall plan for all government officials. If justice (oversees corrections) needs it, then prioritize them and fit them into the plan/schedule.

Like to see the minister take the lead on the drugs problem, which has led to the incarceration of ~ 225,000 (75% of the total) very low-level users. For a start at least arrest one drug king-pin.

Thailand's growing reputation as a vertible wholesale drug market, transhipment, seems to be back where it was in the 70's? While the "authorities" claim to be shocked, and point to fictional drug-lords who can't be located.

"Drugs? Leaving Thailand? Packed in barbeques? My gosh, how could that happen?" (Pointing finger at Myanmar.)

No, no it's all flour, honest.

5 hours ago, crazykopite said:

It’s clear this Muppet

has never heard of the Human rights act yet is seen fit to hold the enviable position of Justice Minister you just couldn’t make this up as the advert says 

“ Amazing Thailand “

Maybe he has ?

Prisoners have Human rights as well

4. The responsibility of prisons for the custody of prisoners and for the protection of society against crime shall be discharged in keeping with a State's other social objectives and its fundamental responsibilities for promoting the well-being and development of all members of society.

https://www.ohchr.org/en/professionalinterest/pages/basicprinciplestreatmentofprisoners.aspx

Though i agree in principal with not forcing a vaccine on people especially shinovax. I can see the point from an employer side too. 

If i had a company with a lot of people id want them vaccinated so my company could work again and the risk of sick people would be low. 

So there are two sides to this story. Maybe if you write a declaration not to claim sick leave and sick money if you get covid it would be ok. It should not be that the refusal of a vaccine puts cost at an employer.

15 hours ago, webfact said:

The Minister reasoned that the order is prioritized as an urgent matter to upgrade health preventive measures after a significant number of Covid-19 infections were gradually reported among thousands of inmates nationwide.

Damn, who left that stable door open, where's me horse gone ???? 

the third person, high ranking official, died from a cluster of over 50, which rised from the songkran party organised by the very same minister in phitsanulok on 13.4.

The minister organised a large, mask less party in a posh restaurant. Participants, including himself, came from red zone bangkok.

somsak.jpg