So i missed out 2x of 90-Day Report, what's should i be expecting?

Non-Imm 0 marriage based visa, i missed my first report because the online reporting was down a while back. CW and MTT wouldnt accept my walk-in report and told me to drive up to wherever my IO is located.

Then this month too, due to covid-19 travel restriction and mandatory 14-day quarantine upon arrival to my designated Immigration Office, so no go.

I'm perfectly aware of 2000 baht fine per missed out 90-day report and okay with it because just to visit my local IO, gasoline roundtrip will cost me over 2.5k baht excluding other travel expenses and possible few layers of covid-19 check points on each passing province (i cant afford to show my 5-months expired driving license to them). So pay the fine at once when due is actually cost effective.

Is there any other punishment/fine i should be aware of upon check out of the country and/or yearly non-imm O visa extension? I.e deportation? Years of Black listed? Jailed? Etc?

Thanks

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The only punishment for being late for a 90 day report or not doing them at all is 2000 baht.

Immigration at airports do not check for or enforce 90 day reporting. It is not their responsibility to do it.

And besides that not all immigration offices will issue the fine.

It all depends of the situation and immigration officers.

Phuket immigration will often wave the fine in the current situation but it depends on the person and immigration officer.

• Like 1

So say, for example, the online report doesn't work for you and the post(for me) is unreliable (as I am still waiting for my 90 days slip from MTT for 8 weeks now), would it be ok to ignore all 90 days reporting for a year until the day before your visa extension and then do it at MTT and pay B2,000?

Just wondering!

Edited by Cuchulainn
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Immigration at airports do not check for or enforce 90 day reporting. It is not their responsibility to do it.

Yes that was always the best way to do it before Covid,

just wander across to Laos or Cambo for a few days R & R...... solved.

11 minutes ago, jackdd said:

Why would you have to pass any province? You are supposed to use the immigration office where you stay, not one across the country.

He did try to do it at another office (read the OP) and they turned him away. No mention by them that he could change his address to Bangkok and do it.

9 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

He did try to do it at another office (read the OP) and they turned him away. No mention by them that he could change his address to Bangkok and do it.

Yes indeed, I didn't read properly, sorry.

1 hour ago, arfandy said:

CW and MTT wouldnt accept my walk-in report and told me to drive up to wherever my IO is located.

You or your landlord have to submit a TM30 in Bangkok, then you can do your 90 day report there.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

IvorBiggun2

No excuse. You had 15 days prior, or 7 days post due time, to report in person. Or get someone to do it for you. You are at fault end of. Pay the fine .

I'm guessing small one, not big one .....

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, piston broke said:

IvorBiggun2

No excuse. You had 15 days prior, or 7 days post due time, to report in person. Or get someone to do it for you. You are at fault end of. Pay the fine .

I'm guessing small one, not big one .....

Depends on your interpretation.

The Fine : In case of not notifying.

–   On condition that the foreigner comes to inform the officer on their own, the fine not be less than 2,000 Baht.

–   If fail to notify and be arrested the fine must be at least 4,000 Baht. And with an additional fine not exceeding 200 Baht for each day which passes until the law is complied with.

Clearly you dont read, do you?

Pay 2000 baht is way cheaper than i have to drive over 700km to my local office, do the math please. Price of gas per litter for 1400km roundtrip. I'm prepared to pay 2000 baht x 4 (assuming i will and am gonna miss 4 reports throughout the 12 months), still cheaper than price of gas or airplane tickets once in every 90 days.

And doesnt seem i will get deported for not doing 90 day report throughout the entire year (sorry for dissapointing you).

I take it i'll probably pay 8000 baht on my next extension?. No biggie as long as i dont get deported or black-listed. 

Edited by arfandy
Typo
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

If the OP had obtained his Extension under the table then he could have done his 90 day report at any immigration office. That is my understanding.

Obtained the extension through my local IO, had to wait 30 days for interview. I've told them i likely unable to visit my local IO in every 90 days and was told about a fine of 2000 baht which is fine for me. I didnt ask about harsher capital punishment and all (i forgot) hence this brought me to this post here.

Maybe i'll do the report when i have business trip to the North, might as well pay up what's due.

4 hours ago, jackdd said:

Why would you have to pass any province? You are supposed to use the immigration office where you stay, not one across the country.

I am not living where my local IO is located. I read on bkkpost about each province will set up check point, hence i assume to drive all the way to my local IO, i will have to pass those check points.

6 minutes ago, arfandy said:

Maybe i'll do the report when i have business trip to the North, might as well pay up what's due.

As i said first time.

3 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

And clearly you didn't mention that you live 700km away from your 'local office'. Out of interest where do you live and where is your local office.

Live in Bkk, IO is in up North. Yes, sorry i didnt mention the distance. Like you said, i have zero excuses and willing to pay upto 8000 baht anytime i have a chance to visit up there. But cant afford to stay 14-day home quarantine, and cant afford to get deported or black listed too.

2 minutes ago, arfandy said:

I am not living where my local IO is located.

And you are moaning and trying to wriggle out of being fined and admit to not living where you notified your office where you told them you live.. Do not feed the troll.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

As i said first time.

Btw, 90-day report MUST be done in person, or online (didnt work) or mail (IO didnt accept mail, asked twice already). I am unaware that 90-day reporting can be done via third party

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Cuchulainn said:

So say, for example, the online report doesn't work for you and the post(for me) is unreliable (as I am still waiting for my 90 days slip from MTT for 8 weeks now), would it be ok to ignore all 90 days reporting for a year until the day before your visa extension and then do it at MTT and pay B2,000?

Just wondering!

Mine just came back in the post today from MTT, just short of 7 weeks. I had sent in the landlord notice, my 30 etc after moving. Next 90 day will go by post as well.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, arfandy said:

I am not living where my local IO is located. I read on bkkpost about each province will set up check point, hence i assume to drive all the way to my local IO, i will have to pass those check points.

And what prevents you from doing a TM30 in Bangkok and then doing your 90 day reports in Bangkok.

Edited by jackdd
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, arfandy said:

Btw, 90-day report MUST be done in person, or online (didnt work) or mail (IO didnt accept mail, asked twice already). I am unaware that 90-day reporting can be done via third party

Yes,  you can do your 90 day reporting via a 3rd party,  that definitely I can confirm. 

Warmest 

• Like 1

OP, 

Many don't check in ..... its such a waste of time, energy and effort. 

Needless to say: Blow them all off if you miss 1x for whatever reason..... 

Some have purposely "never checked in" for over 20 years now, and still to this day, do not. As they seem to be under the radar of the system now.

The belief that we may be inter-continental criminals is an old law, seldom enforced except to be monetarily extorted by the corrupt.

• Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

If the OP had obtained his Extension under the table then he could have done his 90 day report at any immigration office. That is my understanding.

why does this keep coming up?
whatever immigration issues your extension, Bangkok, Kalasin, Krabi, Phuket

That and ONLY that immigration is where your 90 day report is done

Unless you can do it online( just did mine yesterday)  than you can be anywhere in Thailand.

10 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

What do they check?

Only that you have a valid permit to stay and passport. Also that you are not on then list of people that cannot leave the country.