So i missed out 2x of 90-Day Report, what's should i be expecting?

15 hours ago, zzzzz said:

why does this keep coming up?

whatever immigration issues your extension, Bangkok, Kalasin, Krabi, Phuket

That and ONLY that immigration is where your 90 day report is done

Unless you change your residence by subsequently doing a TM30 at a different office ? This must happen a bit surely if people decide to relocate from one area of Thailand to another ? Or a TM28 ?

Edited by Tuvoc

40 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

Is that one beep of the passport and then a stamp that says "used" or whatever?

Just a check of your passport to confirm it has not expired.

You get a departure stamp that cancels out your current permit to stay.

The only used stamp is on a visa that only allows one entry to the country when you enter the country.

• Thanks 1

While I reside in Chiang Mai I do my 90 reporting in CM....  However one year (about 5 years ago) I was in Isaan over the Christmas holiday and did my 90 day reporting there. They mentioned that I should be doing it in CM but did it for me while hinting at me to buy them coffee which I gladly forked out a few hundred baht.

As for any checking when leaving the country, not so sure what they check for these days. However years ago on a business trip I had overstayed my visa by 2 days and when they noticed they took me to a back room, mumbled a lot in Thai, pointed to a sign in English that showed 500 THB for every day of overstay, and then requested that I pay 1,000 THB.

21 hours ago, zzzzz said:

why does this keep coming up?
whatever immigration issues your extension, Bangkok, Kalasin, Krabi, Phuket

That and ONLY that immigration is where your 90 day report is done

Unless you can do it online( just did mine yesterday)  than you can be anywhere in Thailand.

This is wrong.

You do the 90 day report at the immigration office where you stay, it's irrelevant where you got your extension.

If you report an address where you don't stay you are breaking the law.

Edited by jackdd
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

Just a check of your passport to confirm it has not expired.

You get a departure stamp that cancels out your current permit to stay.

The only used stamp is on a visa that only allows one entry to the country when you enter the country.

That's really interesting.  Thank you.

On 5/21/2021 at 2:05 PM, arfandy said:

Clearly you dont read, do you?

Pay 2000 baht is way cheaper than i have to drive over 700km to my local office, do the math please. Price of gas per litter for 1400km roundtrip. I'm prepared to pay 2000 baht x 4 (assuming i will and am gonna miss 4 reports throughout the 12 months), still cheaper than price of gas or airplane tickets once in every 90 days.

And doesnt seem i will get deported for not doing 90 day report throughout the entire year (sorry for dissapointing you).

I take it i'll probably pay 8000 baht on my next extension?. No biggie as long as i dont get deported or black-listed. 

Why not just do a TM30 where you are ? Just can't be bovered ?

On 5/21/2021 at 2:30 PM, arfandy said:

Btw, 90-day report MUST be done in person, or online (didnt work) or mail (IO didnt accept mail, asked twice already). I am unaware that 90-day reporting can be done via third party

Anyone can do your 90 day report, ANYONE !

• Like 1

On 5/21/2021 at 3:32 PM, TigerandDog said:

complained about being fined and said they didn't know they had to do 90 day reports. The IO checked further in the system and discovered that they had not done 3 reports prior to that either, for which they had been fined.

So blatantly lied to Immigration, If they where fined before, they knew. Anyone's visa or extension can be revoked if you pee them of enough.

3 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Anyone's visa or extension can be revoked if you pee them of enough.

I'd say they can only revoke your extension if you've broken the law or not complied with legally obtaining it. Just peeing them off doesn't justifying them revoking an extension. IMO.

3 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

I'd say they can only revoke your extension if you've broken the law or not complied with legally obtaining it. Just peeing them off doesn't justifying them revoking an extension. IMO.

Not doing your 90 day reports, and then saying you didn't know you had to do them, even after having previously being fined IMO is both breaking the law and p***ing off the IO. So again IMHO the IO would be well within his/her rights to revoke/cancel someone's extension for repeated infringements of the law.

11 minutes ago, TigerandDog said:

Not doing your 90 day reports, and then saying you didn't know you had to do them, even after having previously being fined IMO is both breaking the law and p***ing off the IO. So again IMHO the IO would be well within his/her rights to revoke/cancel someone's extension for repeated infringements of the law.

Breaking the law is the killer. Not peeng them off. They too have to work within immigration laws. I doubt peeing off an IO is in the law book.

On 5/21/2021 at 2:30 PM, arfandy said:

I am unaware that 90-day reporting can be done via third party

In many offices, if you time it wrong, you can find yourself in the queue behind "a representative" with 20/30 passports in his hand to do 90 day reports.

My last school used to do them for us so that we would not miss out on class time.

What I don't understand is why your IO office is 700km away from where you actually live, why don't you change your address to BKK using TM30 form, then no problem.