Is it true that vaccines will be manditory for flights out of Thailand ?

Someone told me that they are planning to make it mandatory to be vaccinated to leave Thailand on a flight.

I am NOT talking about the destination country policies.  I am talking specifically about a Thai rule that passengers must be vaccinated if they want to leave Thailand.

is this true or not ?

3 minutes ago, Geordieabroad said:

Aussie friends of mine are returning to Australia tonight on a repatriation flight, they were covid tested yesterday and have to pick up their certificates today.

A covid test within the last 72 hours is all that's required

Yes, and if you show positive, you're not allowed on the plane.

4 minutes ago, Geordieabroad said:

A covid test within the last 72 hours is all that's required

Completely depends on the country and airline.   Thats Australia's requirement.  Not the same for most countries.

4 minutes ago, Geordieabroad said:

Who in their right mind would turn up at the airport with a positive test certificate?

I was thinking of the quick-result tests you can do at the airport ... but I guess they aren't available at many airports yet.

• Like 1

I guess that if you test positive not only will you not be allowed to fly but also you will lose the money that you paid for the ticket. What a nightmare. And whatever happened to SARS or did that just go away?

2 minutes ago, jobsworth said:

I guess that if you test positive not only will you not be allowed to fly but also you will lose the money that you paid for the ticket.

And if you are in Thailand don't forget your expensive mandatory forced quarantine even if you are asymptomatic.  That will surely be many times the cost of the flight.

58 minutes ago, Phillip9 said:

Completely depends on the country and airline.   Thats Australia's requirement.  Not the same for most countries.

That is the protocol for most countries as far as I know.

46 minutes ago, toolpush said:

That is the protocol for most countries as far as I know.

Its just not that simple.   You  must carefully check your destination country's requirements.

Some countries don't even require preflight tests, philippines and costa rica for example.

Some countries give you more time.  US and UK are 3 calendar days, which can be up to 95 hours depending on your flight time.

Some countries give you less time.  Norway is only 24hrs.

Many countries have requirements in addition to testing that often depend on whether you are vaccinated and/or where you are flying from.

1 hour ago, tomazbodner said:

It might not be true now, but 6 months or a year later... and I don't think it'll stop at only boarding airplanes. Especially if large numbers of people refuse to vaccinate.

-

On 5/21/2021 at 9:10 AM, bluebird729 said:

Someone told me that they are planning to make it mandatory to be vaccinated to leave Thailand on a flight.

This is how actual "fake news" is started and propagated.  "Somebody told me....."
Right!

3 hours ago, tomazbodner said:

It might not be true now, but 6 months or a year later... and I don't think it'll stop at only boarding airplanes. Especially if large numbers of people refuse to vaccinate.

Actually it will depend on the airline's revenue streams and profit margins.  If they require vaccinations to board and lose a significant block of customers due to the policy and it hurts their revenues they may alter that policy.  I believe most airlines will try to limit passengers to only those with vaccinations for Covid (and who knows what else at a later date), but I'm not so sure of their long-term success without government subsidies to cover their loses. The assumption is that most people will defer to duress and get a shot.  I don't necessarily think that will be the case.  Then if a plane-load of vaccinated fliers come down with Covid then all bets are off entirely.
Only time will tell.  Everything else is guess work at best.

I traveled  back to Amsterdam on Wednesday last  

just had to complete a pre flight medical sheet  

and abide bu the rules of the klm  

start vaxines shots tomorrow  that is the only reason why i left  

after both start the procedure to get back in again  

i hope all get vaxines soon there   

stay healthy stay save 

On 5/22/2021 at 1:03 PM, Phillip9 said:

Do you mean it's more easy or more difficult to enter most countries right now?

The airlines are just mandating the rules of the countries they fly to. Many countries will require vaccination to enter  as soon as vaccination becomes widespread. Airlines want people to start flying it is governments who make the rules

Other than state run airlines or state sponsored ( such as ME3) you wont see airlines mandating covid testing or vaccines. Even the Quantas CEO piped down his pronouncement about mandating vaccination. The Airlines actually encourage people to fly and wan't passengers easy access. 

Already the US CDC has approved rapid home test kits you can order before you leave. The passenger brings the test kit to  destination, airlines are marketing it. Then, when you are ready to return to US you do the test online while being proctored/observed on a telemedicine video call. No need to visit a testing center or wait for results.

https://www.ainonline.com/aviation-news/business-aviation/2021-05-10/cdc-oks-covid-home-test-kits-intl-flight-mandates

23 hours ago, scorecard said:

Do you mean it's more easy or more difficult to enter most countries right now?

It depends on the country.  You have to carefully research the requirements for the country you want to enter.   Almost every country has different requirements.  Many are easier and some are more strict.