Chinese govt begins vaccinating its citizens living in Thailand

webfact

10 hours ago, webfact said:

The event comes as many foreigners of different nationalities living in Thailand are asking:

No <deleted>.

However, I wouldn’t expect the U.S. Embassy to walk across the street to <deleted> on me if I were on fire.

• Like 2

Wow! Communist China is going to out do the Democratic and free world countries and do the honorable true humanitarian act and Vaccinate its people domestic  and abroad!  When did the free world falter and fall behind?  

• Like 2

12 hours ago, jacko45k said:

It is actually a bit impressive that this is happening. 

Should I email the British Embassy and ask them  when and where I will get mine?

I don't think the Chinese are vaccinating Englishmen. 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, bluesofa said:

If he was a neurosurgeon he wouldn't need a pen, perhaps he could communicate telepathically?

More like psychedelically after ingesting some "flour" as he is noted for....... 

5 hours ago, Makoshark said:

NOW, wouldn't it be nice, if ALL the foreign government's that have expat's living here, do the same ? ? ? 

Wouldn't be allowed, only ancestors are given that privilege..... 

10 hours ago, Phaser said:

So the Chinese govt does the right thing while the US govt makes excuses as to why it won’t provide Moderna or Phizer to US citizens registered living in Thailand - but yet makes those US citizens pay US taxes worldwide 

Definitely. It's a competition of systems, and China wants to show it also has advantages. But of course, you still need to shut up in China politically.

Swiss having residency abroad are excluded from the vaccine even if they travel home. Worst performance of all.

13 hours ago, Mavideol said:

as I said on another post, this is a double-edged sword, anybody wanting to visit China MUST have been vaccinated with a Chinese vaccine  555

I doubt that. China has been opening up to tourists for many years with free visas to people in transit just to get you to stay for a week enroute to your final destination. I'm sure all vaccinations will be acceptable. But if you have any evidence that this will be their policy I would be interested to see it.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, slsmith38 said:

I know I am wasting my time with this post but have any of you Sinovac bashers actually had any real dealings with the Chinese, worked with Chinese companies and spent time in China at Chinese manufacturing facilities? I personally have for many years and have a lot of respect for what the Chinese can do well. Have a look at all your belongings and see how many were made in China. You have a perception based on very little factual information.  

It is obvious that the normal people who live and work in China are not all following the same agenda and priorities as the CCP.  However the dangers seem to be growing. 

12 hours ago, slsmith38 said:

I know I am wasting my time with this post but have any of you Sinovac bashers actually had any real dealings with the Chinese, worked with Chinese companies and spent time in China at Chinese manufacturing facilities? I personally have for many years and have a lot of respect for what the Chinese can do well. Have a look at all your belongings and see how many were made in China. You have a perception based on very little factual information. I do not believe the Chinese vaccines are any worse or better than other brands and they did use tried and tested methods in their development – unlike Pfizer and others. Also, please don’t quote efficacy results as all the vaccines were tested under completely different circumstances and stages of the pandemic. I admit it would not be my first choice as it is not yet recognized internationally which makes travel more difficult, but if I could get a Sinovac jab tomorrow I would certainly take it.

I've dealt with Chinese CRO's for in vivo pharmacology studies and one CMO for biologic production. I won't go into details but I'll wait for AZ, Pfizer or Moderna. It's worth mentioning that for the biomedical sciences their best and brightest typically leave to do their PhDs and post-docs in western countries. Historically few have returned although that is changing. The scientists I worked with in China imo didn't compare to their Chinese counterparts in the US. This may have something to do with why the Sinovac vaccine is the most "primitive" of the covid vaccines being used currently.

Edited by pseudorabies
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Swiss embassy: we can not export vaccine to other countries. Would breach contract with suppliers. Might comprise further supply.

-----

Don't bother us!

I heard the US was gonna start sending doses to countries in need.  Not Americans abroad though.    

• Sad 1

I believe that China is much like India, in making and exporting their version of the COIVID vaccine, but

not giving it to their own population. Now India is trying to give its own population some vaccines as so

many of them are sick and dying of COVID.    I do not believe that China has inoculated  even 50 percent of their

population yet. Maybe 15 percent if they are lucky, and that is most of the rich and in government or

military and police. Hopefully their health workers are also all vaccinated.   China has never been much of a transparent 

country in the past.  No praise from me is going to China.  

Geezer

• Like 1

The Thai Junta probably thinks this proves they are BFF with China without realizing it's an embarrassment and acknowledgement that they are incapable of even inoculating their own citizens. Quite a fall for a group of tin men who thought they would be the hub of Southeast Asian vaccination. But they are too vain to realize it.

Edited by wasabi
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, wasabi said:

The Thai Junta probably thinks this proves they are BFF with China without realizing it's an embarrassment and acknowledgement that they are incapable of even inoculating their own citizens. Quite a fall for a group of tin men who thought they would be the hub of Southeast Asian vaccination. But they are too vain to realize it.

Replace vain with stupid and your comment is valid. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

I believe that China is much like India, in making and exporting their version of the COIVID vaccine, but

not giving it to their own population. Now India is trying to give its own population some vaccines as so

many of them are sick and dying of COVID.    I do not believe that China has inoculated  even 50 percent of their

population yet. Maybe 15 percent if they are lucky, and that is most of the rich and in government or

military and police. Hopefully their health workers are also all vaccinated.   China has never been much of a transparent 

Geezer

But they are vaccinating their own people with it. Right here in Thailand.

6 hours ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

Geezer

I think many of the elite in China will be getting one of the mRNA vaccines. Last year they ordered 100 million Pfizer

China Secures 100 Million Doses of BioNTech Vaccine https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-12-16/china-secures-100-million-doses-of-biontech-shot-to-boost-supply

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, foreverlomsak said:

Not everybody lives in Bangkok.

Sounds easy, but a days bus travel to Bangkok + 1 overnight stay, queue at Embassy to get first jab + 1 day travel to return home to spend 14 nights self quarantine, to emerge just in time for the second jab, repeat, a complete wasted month.

Does that make sense?

Well said.  Fly into a red zone, especially Bangkok, for anything?  No way.  I can't stand the place.  I had my fill of big city life in my home country and I don't need it nor want it living in Thailand.  I'm fine with everything by mail with the US Embassy.  The village hospital next door can do vaccinations.  That's the plan for the village Thai people anyway.  The district hospital comes here once a week for this or that.  They were here yesterday walking door to door and checked my wife's name on their list to get the AZ vaccine when it's available.  They only need to know how many viles to order.  And everyone on TV is turning into big cry babies wanting their perceived Rights, right now.  It's only a list guys.  Did anyone expect anything else but having to wait? You forget where you live.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Surelynot said:

Not a bad idea getting the Chinese vaccinated first....when you take into account the amount of spitting they do........ it could be a win-win.

Not to mention their other dirty habits.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, foreverlomsak said:

Not everybody lives in Bangkok.

Sounds easy, but a days bus travel to Bangkok + 1 overnight stay, queue at Embassy to get first jab + 1 day travel to return home to spend 14 nights self quarantine, to emerge just in time for the second jab, repeat, a complete wasted month.

Does that make sense?

Maybe I have missed something here, but I am trying to figure out where the 14 nights self quarantine comes in, is it compulsary?

So at this time if I travel to Bangkok from up country, I have to do this quarantine on returning home?

5 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Maybe I have missed something here, but I am trying to figure out where the 14 nights self quarantine comes in, is it compulsary?

So at this time if I travel to Bangkok from up country, I have to do this quarantine on returning home?

If you go into a red area yes ! That is my understanding also.

• Thanks 2

20 hours ago, Enzian said:

This is merely anecdotal. Foreigner I know had a call two days ago from a private hospital in Bangkok where he spent time last year for an underlying condition. The said that due to his condition of record they were prepared to give him vaccination against Covid-19. He asked how much? Answer, 10,000 THB. He declined, unfortunately without asking which vaccine they were proposing.

Due to Thaivisa rules, I will not say what I think of this private hospital, but I think you get my drift.

• Thanks 1

Why are people angry with China? China simply did what is expected of great powers. They intervened to protect their citizens, because Chinese citizens are seen as an extension of Chinese culture as well as political and economic influence.  And this prioritization of Chinese citizens for vaccination in Thailand has been known since early March. I've posted the links to the original story repeatedly on this forum. Below is the key quote from the 10 March story. Meanwhile, the US and other Western powers look weak and ineffective. Remember all the TVF voices saying it is impossible for embassies in the West to import vaccines to expats because it would make Thailand look bad? Didn't bother the Chinese who now look dominant and strong. And of course we can't even get an American ambassador appointed with any regularity. So most business is conducted by Michael Heath, the charge d'affaires, a career flunky with no influence in Thailand or back in the US who is worried more about his retirement benefits than American citizens.  And a big thanks to all those TVF posters who said Americans should just sit back await the wonders of behind the scenes diplomacy to help us. After all, it worked so well with the income letters, didn't it? About the only nationality to get shafted even more than Americans are Australians, who apparently sent several million dollars to help Thailand launch its vaccination program, only to see Australians pushed the back of the line for getting a shot--the exact opposite of the Chinese.

Yang Sin, acting on behalf of the ambassador, asked Anutin to ensure that the vaccinations went to Chinese people living in Thailand as a matter of priority and Anutin said he would raise this with the PM.   

So the Chinese have donated 1 million doses? Great! If you like sinovac

But their hundred thousand registered citizens will need 200 000 of those doses...not so great..lol