travel to Phuket

bongo12

right now i stay pattaya, i vaccin 2 times in home before come here.

i want next month travel to phoket with my thai gf, i have the vaccin paper with me.

do i need querntine in phoket or travel free from first day?

my gf need do covid test before or not?

Good question.  First your g/f with need a covid test valid for 72 hours on arrival Phuket. Regarding vaxed person. Not clear to me for June 2021 whether 7 or 14 days quarantine.  Sure you can enter Phuket with vax paper but seems to be some sort of self quarantine using a Thai app to track.  

But the Phuket rules change almost daily.

35 minutes ago, LivinginKata said:

First your g/f with need a covid test valid for 72 hours on arrival Phuket.

Rapid swab test not enough?

Just read that article about a Thai guy getting excited that he had to pay 450 Baht for it?

They seem to have engaged a private company to do the test while government ran out of tests?

Edited by KhunBENQ

9 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Just read that article about a Thai guy getting excited that he had to pay 450 Baht for it?

They seem to have engaged a private company to do the test while government ran out of tests?

No.

2 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Lot of confusion about this.  Admin decided no on site testing from 15 May. Check point police asked the medical testers to stay on after 15 and charge 450 Baht as a sort of service for those without vax or test certificate

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, LivinginKata said:

Lot of confusion about this. 

Confused too. As mentioned there was a report about a Thai guy becoming mad about the 450 for the swab test.

Requiring full PCR test or full vaccination to travel to Phuket domestically will be a no go for normal domestic tourists in my opinion.

35 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Confused too. As mentioned there was a report about a Thai guy becoming mad about the 450 for the swab test.

Requiring full PCR test or full vaccination to travel to Phuket domestically will be a no go for normal domestic tourists in my opinion.

Official requirements are quite clear atm, and a rapid test is not part of that.

10 hours ago, LivinginKata said:

Good question.  First your g/f with need a covid test valid for 72 hours on arrival Phuket. Regarding vaxed person. Not clear to me for June 2021 whether 7 or 14 days quarantine.  Sure you can enter Phuket with vax paper but seems to be some sort of self quarantine using a Thai app to track.  

But the Phuket rules change almost daily.

June? Vaxxed? Phuket? 14 days.

5 hours ago, sallecc said:

Why quarantine if vaccinated?

Latest rule was "No quarantine if vaccinated OR 72h PCR test (not rapid).

Right. I misread that not coming from outside Thailand 

• Like 1

On 5/24/2021 at 4:32 AM, Henryford said:

Just forget Phuket, they don't deserve any tourists.

One of Henryford's occasional ventures out of the Pattaya forum to slag off Phuket, before running off again ????

• Haha 1

On 5/24/2021 at 4:32 AM, Henryford said:

Just forget Phuket, they don't deserve any tourists.

Thank you for your support in all the businesses and people who are suffering from the Covid-19 pandemic.

Hopefully you will never need any support in your life.

On 5/24/2021 at 7:27 AM, BUMMERJACK said:

I came to Phuket from Pattaya three days ago. Either proof of vaccine or negative PCR-test is required, along with registering on gophuget.com and downloading some app called mor-chana or something like that. I had no problems at all getting in.

did you fly or drive? 

reply from Tour Company about Domestic Thai visiting (me) in Phuket july 

Yes Your Thai Girlfriend can Join you at the Same Hotel Room during Sandbox Program If She is Vaccinated or Have COVID Test to be able to enter Phuket

• Like 1

On 5/29/2021 at 10:31 AM, BUMMERJACK said:

I flew.

so who checks you have negative covid test? airasia or someone at don muang or phuket?

my step daughter is flying down in a couple of days, not sure what to expect

Edited by steve2112

2 hours ago, steve2112 said:

so who checks you have negative covid test? airasia or someone at don muang or phuket?

my step daughter is flying down in a couple of days, not sure what to expect

So far i know, check-in staff will check if you have the test done or are vaccinated before they will allow you to check-in.

• Like 1