‘Phuket Must Win’ must close

webfact

1621704425_1-org.jpg

The website that most foreigners in Phuket never saw will stop receiving vaccination registrations for foreigners from Tuesday (May 25), and for Thais on June 5. Screenshot: Phuket Must Win

By The Phuket News

PHUKET: The ‘Phuket Must Win’ web portal for people on the island to register to receive a state-provided COVID-19 vaccination will no longer accept registrations from Thais from June 5, and no longer receive registrations of foreigners after Tuesday (May 25).

The Official COVID-19 Information Center Phuket ‒ previously called ’Phuket Anti-COVID19’, but now called ‘Phuketinfocenter’ ‒ announced the news after 6pm last night (May 22).

Thais registered as living in Phuket who have already been issued a queue number will be able to be vaccinated right away, the notice said.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-must-win-must-close-80088.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2021-05-24

• Confused 2

doesn't affect me anyway   LOL

"“Currently, foreigners who have a work permit and have been registered through their corporate channel, a business registered in Phuket, have until May 25 to choose a vaccination time.

• Like 1

555 of course there is a LINE link in there--best way to find a thai.. Crony and Brown say Get Vaccine!!1 Its Hiso!!!!  free stickers with shot!

I emailed the Thai Embassy in DC to see if they know anything about this July 1 Sandbox "plan"

Curious to hear their response.....maybe will just be one word........Misunderstanding.

My Thai wife had registered and was supposed to get the vaccine on 25th. Yesterday she received a message that this was cancelled. They informed her that from 25th onwards they are only vaccinating Thais who are registered in Phuket. Many (maybe even the majority) do not bother with that and are still officially registered in their home provinces. Her daughter is on the list for 24th and although also not registered in Phuket they assured her they will vaccinate her today. Now let's wait and see if they send her home without.

• Like 1

If the authorities want the sandbox model to work and at least 70 percent of the population vaccinated on Phuket, the should just allow everybody to register and get the vaccination.

The more confused statement, the less the much wished tourists make bookings, as they cannot trust the sandbox to open – one thing is math in a TAT-office, another thing is real world tourists arriving; the SET-campaign showed that there is a "world" in difference between math and facts...????

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

The government can't get out of its own way as it throws roadblock after roadblock in the way of getting vaccinations out to the public.  Efficient methods of vaccine distribution must be halted immediately and placed under a dark, dank layer of ineffective bureaucracy.  My guess is they don't have adequate supplies of vaccine.

• Like 1

When Phuket cancels the July 1st Sandbox Grand Opening and leaves tourists with advanced bookings swinging in the wind, they will effectively destroy future tourism. 
No one will trust Thailand, Phuket, or TAT at its word after that.  Guess July 1st will tell the story.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, connda said:

No one will trust Thailand, Phuket, or TAT at its word after that.

Love a dollar for everytime I've read that regarding different situations here over the years!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, smedly said:

something significant must have changed that we will no doubt hear about in the coming days, - maybe they have found the SA variant in Phuket - who knows

More likely they are running out of vaccine

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Somtamnication said:

My wife got the vac on Saturday. Her face is numb as are some of her fingers. Terrified for her. I will not accept that vaccine for myself and she insisted on taking it.

If the numbness is on one side it may be a blood clot in the brain and she should seek treatment immediately. Hope she gets better, good luck.

If it's just in the arm that was injected, it's probably just temporary nerve damage caused by a misplaced injection.

"Call your doctor or nurse practitioner or go to the nearest emergency department if you develop any of the following adverse reactions within three days of receiving the vaccine: ...............“pins and needles” or numbness".

Edited by BritManToo
  • Confused 1