Government committed to fiscal discipline

webfact

abbb3f850dab7928ee547a64e24abd52_small.jpg

By Praphorn Praphornkul

BANGKOK (NNT) - Responding to concerns about the government’s commitment to fiscal discipline as the budget for the 2022 fiscal year is lower than the budget deficit, the government has confirmed that there are measures to support investment from other capital resources, and the issue will be clarified in the House of Representatives.

Deputy Government Spokeswoman, Dr. Ratchada Thanadirek, said today that the 620 billion baht of investment funding accounts for 20.14 percent of the expenditure budget, which is lower than the 700-billion-baht budget deficit. It is not in violation of fiscal discipline, since the law allows the government to justify the necessity and provide solutions to the House of Representatives while proposing the annual budget bill.

Additional funding will come from public-private partnership (PPP) arrangements, the Thailand Future Fund (TFFIF) and loans for social and economic development. Key priorities will include investing in infrastructure, improving people’s quality of life and public health services, and using technology to strengthen the country.

Regarding comments that the budget allocated to the Ministry of Defense is higher than that of the Ministry of Public Health, he said there are several funds that support public health-related work, such as the Emergency Medical Fund and the National Health Security Office, totalling 92 billion baht.

As for the Bank of Thailand’s (BOT) accumulated loss of 1.069 trillion baht, it is a normal presentation of financial statements as required by the International Monetary Fund (IMF), so as to compare and evaluate its member states’ performances. It is not related to public debt.

Nonetheless, the budget is lower than the previous year due to the COVID-19 situation, with the government’s revenue collection falling short of the target. The government is ready to clarify its plans and projects, which are transparent and in line with the current situation in the country, to the House of Representatives.

nnt.jpg

57 minutes ago, webfact said:

abbb3f850dab7928ee547a64e24abd52_small.jpg

By Praphorn Praphornkul

BANGKOK (NNT) - Responding to concerns about the government’s commitment to fiscal discipline as the budget for the 2022 fiscal year is lower than the budget deficit, the government has confirmed that there are measures to support investment from other capital resources, and the issue will be clarified in the House of Representatives.

She's easy on the eyes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Additional funding will come from public-private partnership (PPP) arrangements, the Thailand Future Fund (TFFIF) and loans for social and economic development.

My missus calls that Zig-Zag.. 

4 hours ago, webfact said:

As for the Bank of Thailand’s (BOT) accumulated loss of 1.069 trillion baht, it is a normal presentation of financial statements as required by the International Monetary Fund (IMF), so as to compare and evaluate its member states’ performances. It is not related to public debt.

self-deleted my nonsense

Edited by klauskunkel
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, tonray said:

She has that "I'm the second cousin of someone very famous and that's how I got this job" look

Indeed. Was my first thought, too. I like the Thai ladies with what I call cute frog mouth. Best lips.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Oh dear !

Is the BOT not responsible for the security of the Commercial Banks ?

If they are not, why is that.

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Compare and evaluate member states performances - what Tosh

The 1 Trillion Debt is what it is - Public Debt., and has to be reported for that reason and non other.