Thailand adjusts vaccine plan to tame deadliest outbreak

snoop1130

Regarding reactions to problems, there are three adjectives that can be applied to behavior taken: proactive, reactive and post-active.  The objective matters and determines which behaviors are appropriate. Certain actions will produce primary and secondary results.  In the event of a health threat to the population of a country, prompt treatment and prevention will preserve health and inspire calmness and confidence in the population. Doing otherwise will have negative results which will not soon be forgotten.  It's the secondary results which are often not adequately anticipated.   Good luck to the Thai government when it must deal with the results of its post-active approach to the pandemic.

• Like 1

On 5/26/2021 at 6:54 PM, Danderman123 said:

it just seems so pointless, like trying to grab a bucket of steam.

No at least the steam you can see, feel, and it leaves moisture.  The rhetoric is just sound waves that immediately dissipate. 

On 5/26/2021 at 11:50 PM, herfiehandbag said:

Ah, I see, and there was silly old me thinking that they were adjusting the plan because they had bungled acquiring/producing, and simply didn't have enough of the stuff...

India Today News reports that India are about to receive a supply of Sputnik from Russia (quantity not yet confirmed).

India was going to produce vaccines for most of the world, they have huge manufacturing capability.

However the Indian outbreak was not built into the equation, so they need all they can make.

On top of all this, vaccine companies are fighting over patent rights which is preventing other countries from manufacturing vaccines.

I sure hope Thailands drug manufacturer has got all this under control as right now supplies of components for Astra are very tight, due to the Indian mass outbreak.

India today is available on IPTV if you want to get an update of what's reported about covid there, it's quite interesting.

• Like 1

On 5/27/2021 at 12:32 PM, sirineou said:

I did not mean they made it to the end of covid line, I mean .making it  to where major vaccinated countries were vaccinated to the degree where some of their vaccine would become available to other countries, Increasing the supply , an decreasing price. All they needed was for their luck to hold on for a couple of more months than it did. 

In a way it did, do you think they would had been able to negotiate the same price and numbers 6 months ago where the producing countries were desperate for every dose they had?  

Of course the money they were trying to save was not for the taxpayers...

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, George FmplesdaCosteedback said:

Of course the money they were trying to save was not for the taxpayers...

Of that I am sure. Mercedes Benzes and submarines are not cheap. But Thai lives are. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1