Thai health minister insists mass vaccination proceed as scheduled on June 7

webfact

2 hours ago, Poppin said:

I thought we now had a Czar of COVID 19 so why are we getting posts from all and sundry saying one thing one day then changing it the next. Only the Czar should be posting information so we know it is up to date and truthful. Well maybe maybe not

I think you are quite correct. Misinformation, lies, and cover ups should only come from one source - the master of BS.

3 hours ago, billsmart said:

I've made an appointment via Mor Prom at my local public hospital for a vaccine shot on June 7th, and I'm definitely going to show up for it.

3 hours ago, Daithi85 said:

That's great, hope all goes well. 

The provinces where a large number of infection cases have been reported should be given more doses than those with fewer cases, though the latter may have already booked for a relatively large number of doses, Taweesin said.

Mor Prom has been tossed into the scrap-heap of ministerial schemes and the vaccines will be redistributed.  So whether you get a shot or not may depend on your geographical location and the number of active cases in your vincinity.

Of course (Flip-Flop) this could all stop on a dime and reverse course into a completely different direction three of four times before June 7th arrives.

The only consistency in Bangkok is the top echelon's propensity for ineptness.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

'The provinces where a large number of infection cases have been reported should be given more doses than those with fewer cases, though the latter may have already booked for a relatively large number of doses.' Taweesin said.

Given the reluctance of the Thai population to get vaccinated, the move to scrap the registration app is a step backward. They are disallowing those that clearly want the vaccine, and trying to force it on those that won't. That situation may create a surplus in some areas. Watch as those in charge will make the claim that their plan to have enough vaccines has succeeded.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, billsmart said:

I've made an appointment via Mor Prom at my local public hospital for a vaccine shot on June 7th, and I'm definitely going to show up for it.

I would interested to know if you do get yours on the 7th. The wife made one for me May 1st. My jab is June 10th, but I wouldn't be surprised if they say "no" to the foreigner.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, newnative said:

I don't know if the app is dead but the appointments, apparently, aren't.  I have a vaccine appointment done with the app for June 16.  When my Thai partner tried to register me for a different appointment last Saturday at another hospital using my pink card, the June 16 appointment came up and that hospital told him the June 16th appointment is still valid at the first hospital.  Whether I will actually get the jab is up in the air--waiting to see what happens with others with earlier appointments.

i re registered at a walk in they told me the app is no good now but its still on the app but good luck hope you get it 

4 hours ago, billsmart said:

Ditto but June 8 I will call ahead to see if they actually have AZ on hand

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, PEE TEE said:

i re registered at a walk in they told me the app is no good now but its still on the app but good luck hope you get it 

They may have meant that the app cannot be used now. It's been closed to new registrations for a while now.

It has consistently been claimed that appointments already made are still valid.

Whether hospitals will have the vaccine on hand by appointment dates remains to be seen

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

Phew, that bought us about a week. Now lads, what are we going to say when some of them do turn up on the 7th and there aren't enough vaccines?

Me first........................

5 hours ago, mtls2005 said:
6 hours ago, billsmart said:

I've made an appointment via Mor Prom

The government has killed this app. It's dead, Jim.

The app may be dead, or it may not. We get contradictory messages about things like this every day. ☹️ But, even if it is, that doesn't meant the reservations made on it have been cancelled. Both the Mor Prom Line and Android app are still working on my phone, and my reservation still shows on the calendar... ????‍♂️

• Like 1

5 hours ago, PEE TEE said:

Hi Bill i have also an appointment on Mor prom last night i got a message from them to say mor prom is scrapped those words( scrapped) . best you check it out mine was for the 10th june at 13.00 

Thanks for the notice. I've received no phone call and my appointment still shows up on the Mor Prom calendar, so I'm still going in on 7 Jun at 1600 - unless I get told otherwise, of course.

1 hour ago, Sheryl said:

Ditto but June 8 I will call ahead to see if they actually have AZ on hand

I'll take whatever I'm offered. Any port in a storm.

Also, I can always get another type of vaccine later, maybe in a couple months or so.

2 hours ago, chezy86 said:

Just eat fishermen’s friends it’s as effective as the Chinese Vaccine.

I eat them every day and I haven’t caught it so there you go proof it really works.

Yes, but they have to be the Original - these  candy striped packets are no good!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, billsmart said:

The app may be dead, or it may not. We get contradictory messages about things like this every day. ☹️ But, even if it is, that doesn't meant the reservations made on it have been cancelled. Both the Mor Prom Line and Android app are still working on my phone, and my reservation still shows on the calendar... ????‍♂️

Same here. I read the word 'Suspended" which I take to mean for new appointments.

Edited by rbkk

9 hours ago, Poppin said:

I thought we now had a Czar of COVID 19 so why are we getting posts from all and sundry saying one thing one day then changing it the next. Only the Czar should be posting information so we know it is up to date and truthful. Well maybe maybe not

The Czar is practicing his finale

I just tried the Raum Jai website registration - Thai only. Then the AIS registration - Thai only. These are two of the new registration services that came out just the last few days.

I don't mean Thai language, there are clear statements on the AIS site that its Thai Nationals only, on Ruam Jai it requires a Thai ID number.

Edited by MRToMRT

On 5/27/2021 at 12:50 PM, thailand49 said:

Guess he didn't get the memo that there isn't enough vaccine to go around to the " mass "????

After India vaccinates over one billion of its people with Astra, there will probably be plenty of vaccines available. 

On 5/27/2021 at 11:25 AM, chezy86 said:

Just eat fishermen’s friends it’s as effective as the Chinese Vaccine.

I eat them every day and I haven’t caught it so there you go proof it really works.

Fisherman's Friend.... not plural, I consume to ward off nasties from the ladies.