Anutin confirms AstraZeneca jabs to arrive in June

webfact

4 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

talks with Pfizer on tracks.... waiting for approval of FDA..?? I don't understand. a worldwide approved by WHO good working vaccine was coming to Thailand. in July in 10-20 milion as they told us weeks ago.. So they did not anything .. and  now still waiting, with Sinovac..... God-Knows_When Astra Zenica will come Moderna as they told end of October and the rest.. unknown too but probably next year.

The guy has to step down, or forced to stop with his <deleted> policy

You sound like you think you could do better. Why not apply for a job in the government?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3

1 minute ago, Neeranam said:

You sound like you think you could do better. Why not apply for a job in the government?

Maybe it is something for you defending the mistakes and mismanagement all the time... It is not the first month that there is Covid I think do you?? Why don't take some action.. I wish I was in the Government .. Thailand would be 100 times better than the greedy bunch of people now there. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, ikke1959 said:

Pfizer even said That Thailand did not order yet.... So...where comes the story of 10 to 20 million Pfizer in July from??? Short memory??

What story of 10 million Pfizer? Can't see anything in this article about it. 

9 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

What story of 10 million Pfizer? Can't see anything in this article about it. 

Not This article no... but there was already al lot in April but this month you don't read anymore about it.. Better read more and know what you are talking about before you react on some posts

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, ikke1959 said:

Not This article no... but there was already al lot in April but this month you don't read anymore about it.. Better read more and know what you are talking about before you react on some posts

Please stick to the topic and less advice on when I can react to off-topic posts with absolutely no substance. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3

https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/thailand-to-get-10-to-20-million-doses-of-pfizer-covid-19-vaccine

Thailand will get 10 to 20 million doses of the Pfizer vaccine, according to Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul. The minister posted an announcement on his Facebook page along with a photo after a meeting with Pfizer representatives.

conflicting stories, but it is there.....

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1

Like his boss, he has less than zero credibility, at this stage. 

So, anything he says has to be assumed to be inaccurate and based on little to no facts. 

Let us hope the nation does not forget your betrayal of their faith, in their time of greatest need. 

Edited by spidermike007

2 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

So, anything he says has to be assumed to be inaccurate and based on little to no facts. 

Let us hope the nation does not forget your betrayal of their faith, in their time of greatest need. 

But guns, bullsh1t and a few Baht makes up for lots of betrayal and memory loss. 

3 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

There is an even chance that you could be eating humble pie in June.

3 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

There is an even chance that you could be eating humble pie in June.

I hope that is the case. For the sake of all of us. I am always happy to be proven wrong, when it comes to the public good.

I am simply going on long established track records, and proven failure after failure.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Mr Anutin said Sinovac has already submitted its data for the WHO Emergency Use Listing Procedure (EUL), where reviews are being conducted, while stressing the Thai government will not procure substandard vaccines for its people.

nothing to add ....

Phang Nga man dies after Phuket Sinovac vaccination injection

54 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

nothing to add ....

Phang Nga man dies after Phuket Sinovac vaccination injection

That means less than zero. I have friends who are ranting about 13,000 people dying in Europe, after getting the vaccination. Sure, if you take a group of a hundred million people, some are going to die every die, of something. Is there any science behind any of the accusations of "death by vaccine"?

Panic if you do not get the vaccine. Panic if you get it. Some will panic regardless of the situation. Meaningless fear mongering blabber, only increases paranoia and fear. There is already so much bad information about Covid. Why increase it?

• Like 1

"Mr Anutin said AstraZeneca is obliged to source the vaccine from other manufacturers to fulfill the order of the Thai government, should the local plant fail to make the expected delivery."

Yes, but AZ is not going to be able supply AZ vaccine from elsewhere on time, if Siam Biosciences fails to fulfill its commitments.  So the only recourse would be to sue which they probably can't do, as they wouldn't want AZ passing the blame to Siambiosciences or even suing them in return to recover damages.  Anutin should ask his counterpart in Canada what happened there.  They have already done millions of first AZ shots but can't get any more for the second shots because AZ can no longer export from India and has never been able to export from Europe.  The plant in the US seems to have screwed up and apart from that they have only small plants in Australia and Japan for domestic consumption, as far as I know.   Canada is now planning to give Pfizer or Moderna as a second shot instead of AZ as it can't wait for AZ to deliver.

Anutin emphasises that they can substitute Sinovac for AZ, even though it is not adequately tested in over 60s, and they ordered another 3 million of that.  It seems that they are preparing to give the public the bad news about late deliveries or non-deliveries of AZ and emphasing that it is the responsibility of AZ to deliver lrather than SB.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Neeranam said:
5 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Thanks, I remember that but the person who quoted me said this wasn't true with no links and totally off topic. 

Although to quote the link:

"Anutin said he had met Pfizer representatives on Thursday to negotiate the purchase of the vaccines. Pfizer said it was ready to supply 10 million doses to Thailand but was unable to give a timeframe for delivery."

So although they appear willing to sell, they have no idea of when it might be.

• Like 1