When are they likely to announce covid extensions beyond May 29?

Just now, DrJack54 said:

OP, when does your current permission of stay end? 

It will be extended announced very soon.

Keep in mind one time the announcement was made few days after they ceased.

My current permission isn't expired yet. If they extend the covid extension then I don't need to apply yet. 

Just now, AUinAsia said:

My current permission isn't expired yet. If they extend the covid extension then I don't need to apply yet. 

Does your immigration office start your 60 day covid extension from date of application or from date of expiry of your current permit of stay

22 minutes ago, Daithi85 said:

Would anyone have any idea how many days in advance I can apply for  a covid extension at Jomtien?? Please  and thank you. (I still have  21 days left on my current extension) 

Can't help however if your not too far from immigration, personally I would attend tomorrow and inquire 

1. Can/will they process it now.

2. When would the 60 permit date from.

If it's at end of current permit then excellent grab it.

If it's from date you apply (tomorrow) skip it.

They will announce soon that the covid extensions will continue to be issued beyond May 29.

• Like 2

On 5/20/2021 at 3:19 PM, Kanada said:

I don’t live in another world and I don’t have a price....simply said money isn’t everything!

Ask Bill Gates...he’s just announced his divorce...didn’t make him happy!

Just because that’s who you see in the mirror every day doesn’t mean everyone else sees the same thing!

Issan farm girls and 20 year old bar girls are not the average Thai....they are  just “your average” Thai!

I don’t live in that world so I have a different opinion.

This was published in Thaiger news on 01 April" Photo via Thai Embassy

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

In a typical last minute decision, Thai immigration announced that foreigners stuck in Thailand due to the Covid-19 situation will be able to extend their visas for another 60 days, with the new deadline to apply for the extension set to May 29, allowing a stay in Thailand up until July 27.

The initial deadline for the 60 day “Covid-19 extensions” was Tuesday, March 30. Some immigration offices, like Phuket and Koh Samui, were crowded with foreigners over the past week, many trying to extend their visas before the March 30 deadline."  So whats it actially mean since most have be getting the under consideration ckme back 15 June?

38 minutes ago, Daithi85 said:

Would anyone have any idea how many days in advance I can apply for  a covid extension at Jomtien?? Please  and thank you. (I still have  21 days left on my current extension) 

I went last week, over a wek in advance  of expiration and they gave me an under consideration.   So the only advantage  of doing it early if they do extend, is I got a space consuming  extra stamp.  So if I had waited like the person asking in the post.  So procrastinating and if they approve one get one stamp.  If you go in advance you get additional stamp which fills up your passport book faster.  What a waste the kast minute decision actually cost.  So each time their procrastinating has put unnecessary stamps filling  the passport faster and eventually  costing more money.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Does your immigration office start your 60 day covid extension from date of application or from date of expiry of your current permit of stay

They will start it the day after expiry no matter the day you request,  the tragedy  is that you get an under consideration stamp unnecessarily.   

1 minute ago, AquaThai said:

They will start it the day after expiry no matter the day you request, 

Some immigration offices dated extension from date of application. Agree that's incorrect but it was done often. Best to ask at persons immigration office

3 hours ago, AquaThai said:

I went last week, over a wek in advance  of expiration and they gave me an under consideration.   So the only advantage  of doing it early if they do extend, is I got a space consuming  extra stamp.  So if I had waited like the person asking in the post.  So procrastinating and if they approve one get one stamp.  If you go in advance you get additional stamp which fills up your passport book faster.  What a waste the kast minute decision actually cost.  So each time their procrastinating has put unnecessary stamps filling  the passport faster and eventually  costing more money.

I usually go a few days  before my extension is finished  and I always  get the under consideration stamp. It takes 3 trips to immigration  before  I get my full 60 days stamp. 

4 hours ago, Daithi85 said:

I usually go a few days  before my extension is finished  and I always  get the under consideration stamp. It takes 3 trips to immigration  before  I get my full 60 days stamp. 

Its just ridiculous as it eats up unnecessary stamps space in passport 

• Like 2

I will goto collect my 60 day stamp today.

I applied 2 weeks ago - my current stamp runs out tomorrow.

For a modest admin fee, I could have forgone the "under consideration" stamp - which is probably what I'll do next time, applying 2 weeks early again, giving me 10 weeks to travel around, unhindered.

The I.O. said these covid stamps are to continue - no information to the contrary. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Pla Simon said:

For a modest admin fee, I could have forgone the "under consideration" stamp - which is probably what I'll do next time, applying 2 weeks early again, giving me 10 weeks to travel around, unhindered.

That's correct. Think it's about 5500 which includes extension fee (1900). If in Bkk includes pick up and return of pp. Also no return for under consideration. It's an option.

8 minutes ago, jonga80 said:

It's confirmed at 100%? I want to know if I need to go or no to Immigration.

Me too. Today is the last day we can go if the deadline doesn't change. I am checking frequently before making the journey. 

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Yes 100%.

No need to go to immigration unless your current extension is expiring today.

So you can confirm that the deadline has now been extended to July 29 if my visa isn't expired yet?

4 minutes ago, AUinAsia said:

So you can confirm that the deadline has now been extended to July 29 if my visa isn't expired yet?

Yes

Your visas expiration date means nothing now. Only your permit to stay date on your most resent extension is important.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Yes

Your visas expiration date means nothing now. Only your permit to stay date on your most resent extension is important.

But I'm only concerned with whether covid extensions will still be issues after May 29.

1 minute ago, Gilltom said:

What is a covid extension? Surely there as been flights back to your country by now?

Or won.t they have u back????

Because they seem to prefer people to stay here and spend their money. For many people it is not possible to return to their home country.