Reminder On Social Gathering Restrictions

Pattaya Spotter

30 minutes ago, beechbum said:

Awesome contribution.

But they feel better getting it off their chest...telling the world via an anonymous internet forum how ???? Phuket is.

Edited by Pattaya Spotter

This over the top obsession with alcohol ban and friends not allowed home (unless married I guess ! ...lol ????) makes me think the Phuket island is heading for a Muslim Khalifa state...! , what next , ban boys and girls holding hands - oh, maybe it is already...???? 

Somebody please convince us with common sense and logic that from Monday friends can go to the gym together, go out to exercise, go to malls, go to restaurant and eat together, and as already possible go the beach and all the other business venues that will open , will be less spreading the virus than say if they go to each other's house or have a drink with their food...!!!!?  (btw, not everyone drinks until pass out or have large orgies - that is just in the sick minds of those putting these rules...!!!)

As far as I can see they are petty  characters put in charge here who are just generally envious of people having a good time and want to control them, typical of opressing regimes you can see all around the world..., abuse of power with silly rules.

Ah, also tell us how the above is more applied to farangs than Thais such that we are bombarded with this particular two reminders .... Thais don't drink or visit friends and if so are at less risk...! ? ????

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Agusts said:

This over the top obsession with alcohol ban and friends not allowed home (unless married I guess ! ...lol

Don't you know alcohol gives you COVID unless it is poured on your hands, and associating with foreigners is the biggest spreader of COVID.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, RobMuir said:

Well, your post did indicated to me that some entitled farangs probably need to be told more than once and might not have got it the first time.

It isn't about Muslims taking over, orgies, envious people, or oppressive regimes.

It is about controlling this outbreak of this B117 that has killed and is killing hundreds of thousands of people and is the worst outbreak Thailand has had, by far.

And in reality there are signs everywhere, ads on TV, social media, news reports etc daily in Thai language which I assume you don't notice or understand.

Two reminders is hardly being "bombarded".

We have to calm down, pull out heads in and harden up. Nobody likes the rules, but complaining just makes it worse.

We are guests in this country. We shouldn't be carrying on making trouble during a pandemic that is killing people.

If we want respect we should show some.

"We are guests in this country." ???????????????????????????????????????

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Another confusing proclamation. Abolition of the right to live in the Kingdom?  Foreigners have no such rights. Any status short of PR is a temporary visitor, not a  right to "live". If they can't follow the rules of course they should be made an example of.   

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

Another confusing proclamation. Abolition of the right to live in the Kingdom?  Foreigners have no such rights. Any status short of PR is a temporary visitor, not a  right to "live". If they can't follow the rules of course they should be made an example of.   

Not sure why the pedantism...many visa categories and "visa extensions" allow "living" in The Kingdom (missionary, education, business, "retirement"). They are time limited but can be extended in some cases (20 years in my case).

Edited by Pattaya Spotter

12 hours ago, Agusts said:

This over the top obsession with alcohol ban and friends not allowed home (unless married I guess ! ...lol ????) makes me think the Phuket island is heading for a Muslim Khalifa state...! , what next , ban boys and girls holding hands - oh, maybe it is already...???? 

Somebody please convince us with common sense and logic that from Monday friends can go to the gym together, go out to exercise, go to malls, go to restaurant and eat together, and as already possible go the beach and all the other business venues that will open , will be less spreading the virus than say if they go to each other's house or have a drink with their food...!!!!?  (btw, not everyone drinks until pass out or have large orgies - that is just in the sick minds of those putting these rules...!!!)

As far as I can see they are petty  characters put in charge here who are just generally envious of people having a good time and want to control them, typical of opressing regimes you can see all around the world..., abuse of power with silly rules.

Ah, also tell us how the above is more applied to farangs than Thais such that we are bombarded with this particular two reminders .... Thais don't drink or visit friends and if so are at less risk...! ? ????

It's only madness and not about muslim lol.

Phunphon open in full swing but dinner with a friend at home not allowed. ????

• Like 1

13 hours ago, RobMuir said:

Only two new cases of the in Phuket today.

Actually probably the best province in many ways, higher minimum wage, best beaches etc etc but not for the budget travellers.

They seem to be right on track for the July 1 Grand Opening and any slip ups with new clusters would ruin it all.

And foreigners will want to visit, partly because they have no choice.

It will be a slow start but if they can keep the tourists who do go covid free and safe it will steadily climb.

People will have jobs, business people will start making money and people can enjoy holidays again.

Phuket will be open for couples and families, who are tested and or vaccinated.

The entitled anti masker, anti vaxxer types who won't follow the rules to stop the spread of this B117 variant currently causing the problems on Phuket throughout Thailand won't be welcome.

The pathetically bad Phuket officials also have organised mass vaccinations for the older residents.

They are controlling covid AND reopening safely.

What more do you want mate?

A beer. 5555555

• Like 1

Yeah..., when run out of logic and common sense to give, there is always reply of , oh..., it's their country, they can do what they like, you're a guest, leave if you don't like it ..., blah blah... that's usually just called desperation, in a proper debate, not an answer..... ????

I usually get that a lot from Thais though....! ????