Phuket Sandbox starts on July 1: TAT

webfact

1 minute ago, Danderman123 said:

That Thai flight is on Thai Smile metal, so no Business Class.

Why would a passenger pay 3 times the price to Thai, to fly with Smile, if he can book it directly ?

I don't understand this plans anymore, my experience few days ago was that Thailand doesn't need tourists and their money. I have arrived at suvarnabhumi airport with all the required papers (COE, insurance, ASQ booking, negative PCR test,...) and I was almost denied entry. I would never come here if I wouldn't have girlfriend here and I haven't seen her from May last year. Everything was smooth and ok, but when I came to immigration officer problems started. Why you stay in Thailand so much, what do you do in Thailand, why you go to Kanchanaburi boarder every time if you are staying in Pattaya, why are you not married if you have girlfriend.... and others stupid questions. It's true that last ten years I was spending winter in Thailand, from October to April. Before I always entered with ME visa. This time I haven't had visa. I was entering on visa exemption. The immigration officer was really rude and shouting on me. She said I won't get entry stamp if I don't have booked flight out from Thailand. Luckily I have had one after 44 days from arrival. So eventually they stamped me in. Everything was very unpleasant and traumatizing. I could go near anywhere, Seychelles, Maldives, Mexico,...  I wouldn't need to stay in hotel prison for 15 days and for sure me and my money would be more welcomed than here. I am planning to take my girlfriend to Europe and say goodbye to Thailand. 

• Sad 2

16 hours ago, dennnis said:

I don't understand this plans anymore, my experience few days ago was that Thailand doesn't need tourists and their money. I have arrived at suvarnabhumi airport with all the required papers (COE, insurance, ASQ booking, negative PCR test,...) and I was almost denied entry. I would never come here if I wouldn't have girlfriend here and I haven't seen her from May last year. Everything was smooth and ok, but when I came to immigration officer problems started. Why you stay in Thailand so much, what do you do in Thailand, why you go to Kanchanaburi boarder every time if you are staying in Pattaya, why are you not married if you have girlfriend.... and others stupid questions. It's true that last ten years I was spending winter in Thailand, from October to April. Before I always entered with ME visa. This time I haven't had visa. I was entering on visa exemption. The immigration officer was really rude and shouting on me. She said I won't get entry stamp if I don't have booked flight out from Thailand. Luckily I have had one after 44 days from arrival. So eventually they stamped me in. Everything was very unpleasant and traumatizing. I could go near anywhere, Seychelles, Maldives, Mexico,...  I wouldn't need to stay in hotel prison for 15 days and for sure me and my money would be more welcomed than here. I am planning to take my girlfriend to Europe and say goodbye to Thailand. 

Sounds like you had a ‘real a-hole’ of an immigration officer who was on a power-trip. 

That said, a history of frequent border runs are a red flag. Additionally, if you are entering Visa Exempt having a flight out of Thailand is the law. 

When we fly into the UK my wife is questioned by immigration - Where are you staying? how long are you visiting for? why are you visiting?... but it’s nearly always followed with ‘have a nice trip’....  

This is where immigration in Thailand fail - Its their right to question and profile people, but as soon as someone passes their ‘profile questions’ the really should then take a step back and ‘welcome’ the visitor, it would make huge difference to the many who feel aggrieved at their treatment. 

They (immigration) are just doing their jobs, but, they could be doing their job in a far better manner. 

I’ve only ever had one issue with Immigration in over 20 years of being in Thailand (with 10+ in and out visits yearly) - one issue was that I had a Extension of stay based on work (from a previous visit) expring the following day (my contract was completed while I was travelling overseas away from Thailand) I wanted to re-enter on my Thai Elite Visa. The immigration officer insisted to stamp me in on my extension of stay meaning I would have to depart the following day !!! I didn’t accept this, argued with the Immigration officer, got a senior officer involved who resolved the issue in my favour.

All other entries I say very little. IF the Immigration officer is not polite to me, I’ve no reason to be polite to them. They take my passport, flick through the pages, the stamp me in, put my passport on the counter top, I take it, check the stamp (in front of them), then walk off.... thats it. Immigration officers rarely speak to me and when the don’t I have no reason to speak with them - they seem like a rude bunch and seem to posture in an attempt to show power - I don’t bite and just ignore them.