Phuket’s speedy vaccine rollout - 50% of population already vaccinated

webfact

43 minutes ago, Call said:

Fake news. Living on Phuket I can tell, only people registrerad in a housebook or have letter from company (paying social security) got the vaccin. 3 of my Thai friends got kicked out from there vaccination registration due to this.

The 70% will never be 70%. 

More like 30% vaccinated 70% not.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, madmen said:

Tourists will have 2 dose and 2 negative swabs. Risk will be minimal but of course whatever vax they used will need 2 dose eventually just like everywhere else. 

I wonder what their home countries think of tourists coming to Phuket where at most 70% of locals have had only one jab?

Returning home might include procedures?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aarin said:

So locals only need 1 jab by July.. but tourists need to have had 2 and then still they are nor not free to roam around everywhere and if 2 jabs is safe then no need for those tourists to wear a mask cirrect???????? 

Remember the "safe trusted Thailand" .... Lol

1 hour ago, sqwakvfr said:

Phuket will be a good test case to see if Sinovac offers protection.  Also, imagine if hotel workers, taxi drivers  and restaurant workers who have been vaccinated with Sinovac come into close contact with Chinese tourist who have also been vaccinated with Sinovac and see what happens.  

I am skeptical.  For me it is Pfizer, Moderna, J&J or bust.  I will stay away from Phuket until I am fully vaccinated with the three I mentioned.  So far it appears Pfizer and Moderna  both  offer pretty good protection.  

What is hard about staying away from Phuket been visiting and living in Thailand 20 years never been to Phuket and have no desire to travel there

• Like 1

So, the nation has an answer to it's current leadership vacuum. Appoint Phuket governor Narong Woonciew as PM immediately, replace Anutin with someone competent, and find someone who knows something about tourism to replace Phiphat, so the nation can start re-building.

Wala. Done deal. All good. Allow Thailand to move forward, allow the common Thai to get back on their feet, and allow dignity and honor to return to the land. 

Theoretical exercise only. Attracting fully immunised tourists who trust that Phuket is also fully immunised and restricting them to Phuket whereas the Country has proved incapable of manufacturing or buying in sufficient vaccines for its own population and then with a new Thai variant emerging facing several weeks quarantine on their return. It's not happening!

3 hours ago, ourmanflint said:

If this means they have all just had 1st dose of sinovac, they will need to keep going until 70% have had 2nd dose. Sinovac not that great until 2nd dose

Very miss leading statements. after 1st jab, they usually have to wait 4 weeks before receiving the 2nd jab. I cant see 70% being fully vaccinated at this moment, but could be by 1st of July.

3 hours ago, grandpa said:

Whoopee-do! And what about all those elderly and vulnerable people in other parts of the country who are having to go without at the expense of the unlikely "cash-cow" of the Blackpool of Thailand! I guess that they are just expendable as long as Phuket is ok.

How come citizens of Phuket require only one shot of vaccine to allow tourists to come in, but those who may or may not (probably not, if they have any sense) wish to enter, have to have 2 shots!

As they will presumably have to wear masks outside their rooms, it could make for some interesting sun tan marks, and also, how do you swim with a mask on, unless you are diving of course!

2nd wave swimmer.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, chilly07 said:

Theoretical exercise only. Attracting fully immunised tourists who trust that Phuket is also fully immunised and restricting them to Phuket whereas the Country has proved incapable of manufacturing or buying in sufficient vaccines for its own population and then with a new Thai variant emerging facing several weeks quarantine on their return. It's not happening!

Vaccinated tourists are not worried about the vaccination status of their destination!

1 hour ago, Ginner said:

Very miss leading statements. after 1st jab, they usually have to wait 4 weeks before receiving the 2nd jab. I cant see 70% being fully vaccinated at this moment, but could be by 1st of July.

I think only 70% need to get first jab. I believe their strategy all along is to get 70% with their first dose first. Phuket could be a trial to see if this works.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Deli said:

You don't get it. In this case it does not really matter how many tourists will come now. First of all it is a test run but more importantly it shall be a signal to potential travellers that Phuket now and soon other tourist destinations in the country will be open and ready to receive visitors. Don't forget that more or less 6 millions jobs have been lost and around 20 % of the GDP. If they don't do it now, the damage cannot be repaired in a foreseeable timeframe.

I think it is better first bring the country back to normal and than focus on the tourists. I know a lot of jobs are lost, but what will happen if the kids in schools get infected with at home their parents??  Do you really think think that a small Island where you can't leave from will be an example for the rest of the country, where if they are not are careful maybe get thousands of deaths??/ I don't know if you know your priorities, but that is in this time NOT the tourism.. THat comes back when Thailand is almost back to normal and that is How sad .. in these weeks not possible yet.. but it has to be done and what will happen if there are only a few tourists ?? It is not only Covid that keeps the tourists away 

• Confused 1

For 2019, Wikipedia says pop. for Phuket Province was 416k. 70% would be 291k.

The entire pop. of Thailand is 70m. The 1/2 vaccinated Phuket Thais, the 70%, represent 0.004% of the country.

So anyone with half a brain can clearly see the rollout has not been slow. It’s been glacial. 

Edited by ABCbangkok
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, ourmanflint said:

If this means they have all just had 1st dose of sinovac, they will need to keep going until 70% have had 2nd dose. Sinovac not that great until 2nd dose

And in the meantime, it will be interesting to see whether there is a spike following the crowded assembly in the vaccinatorium. 

13 minutes ago, ABCbangkok said:

For 2019, Wikipedia says pop. for Phuket Province was 416k. 70% would be 291k.

The entire pop. of Thailand is 70m. The 1/2 vaccinated Phuket Thais, the 70%, represent 0.004% of the country.

So anyone with half a brain can clearly see the rollout has not been slow. It’s been glacial. 

00.004 or 0.4% or 4 in a thousand.

4 hours ago, fdsa said:

I want to get vaccinated too. Does anyone know where I could purchase a Moderna or Pfizer vaccine?

There have been plenty of threads on this topic. Bottom line: you'll probably have to wait until the fourth quarter of the year.