Phuket to ease COVID restrictions from June 1

webfact

5 hours ago, madmen said:

Suck on that Phuket! 

Paradise I was up there for 4 miserable years Paradise check your dictions , I had morons telling me Korat was the Best city in the World for Christ sake , I will never go back 

• Haha 1

On 5/29/2021 at 6:28 AM, Thailand said:

And the hordes of arrivals are coming from where?

Top holiday destination for Brits this year is Cornwall, and chances are people from most other countries will be staycationing.

Not sure what this has to do with anything, the op is about reopening most businesses in Phuket 1 June, not British who want to vacation in Cornwall.

23 hours ago, KhunMorris said:

Phuket is a busted flush. The place is currently about as appealing as Blackpool in a wet, windy, Sunday morning. 

The business owners who've ripped off the masses for years are finally getting their payback. And to the shop owner who charged me 500 baht for nail-clippers in Kata Beach. I hope your tawdry shop never reopens.

Som nam na.

Sincerely 

MORRIS 

PADI Divemaster qualified, Speaks Thai

Should have hooffed it to Watson's... picked up two for a hundred baht recently. You talk like the shopkeeper held a ???? to your head and forced you to buy the clippers. As you claim to speak Thai, why didn't you just say "mai aow krap."

Edited by Pattaya Spotter
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Uroller said:

Warning! Do not go to Phuket on holiday if you want to drink, eat at restaurants with a drink, or have fun???????????? Basically Phuket is offering No Fun Vacations and you can enjoy Quarantine when we get back to our home countries after a relaxing holiday????????????

Strange how some people can't have fun unless alcohol is involved...sad really.

23 hours ago, KhunMorris said:

Phuket is a busted flush. The place is currently about as appealing as Blackpool in a wet, windy, Sunday morning. 

The business owners who've ripped off the masses for years are finally getting their payback. And to the shop owner who charged me 500 baht for nail-clippers in Kata Beach. I hope your tawdry shop never reopens.

Som nam na.

Sincerely 

MORRIS 

PADI Divemaster qualified, Speaks Thai

Doubt it, the Facebook page has 1500 new members since last Wednesday  that is phenomenal by any measure. 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/388875605677294/permalink/391785018719686/

It's arrived at the right time after a hellissh year for those that can afford it and believe it or not there is wealth out there unlike many on here that are watching EVERY SINGLE BAHT after a lifetime of watching every cent. 

23 hours ago, zaZa9 said:

There was a testing facility at the bridge from the mainland ( called Saphan Sarasin) but the idiots closed it !

So they make a rule that visitors - and they are desperate for visitors - must  test within 72 hours previous to arrival , then they take away the very place a visitor coming by bus or car , can DO THE TEST !

They were charging 500 bt  a test , so surely it could have paid its own way...

You have to be a very special  person to even conceive of such stupidity ...

( FYI : The only option currently if you are driving in to Phuket   , is to head north to Phang  nga  Hospital , and hope that theres a space left in their quota of 100 max tests per day ! Costs 450 bt. Or you can try to book ... )

The are specializing in "not making it easy for tourists". And the longer they wait, the more tragic the outcome. Time is not on their side. 

22 hours ago, RobMuir said:

Western governments have a lot to learn about strong leadership.

Did you use the word leadership in regard to Thailand ? Dictatorship is probably more accurate... Easy to lead when there is no one allowed to challenge your autocratic and undemocratic edicts ..

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 5/29/2021 at 8:44 AM, RobMuir said:

The people of Phuket have been doing it hard for 18 months now.

Hopefully other tourist areas in Thailand will soon learn from and replicate Phukets method.

Samui has not had an infection in 18 days. Koh Phangnan and Koh Tao no infections in 23 days. I'm happy for Phuket but don't think anything special has happened there.

• Like 1

On 5/31/2021 at 5:58 PM, Silencer said:

Samui has not had an infection in 18 days. Koh Phangnan and Koh Tao no infections in 23 days. I'm happy for Phuket but don't think anything special has happened there.

Have you considered Phuket is way more populated than both  your examples put  together ?

On 5/30/2021 at 1:13 PM, Pattaya Spotter said:

Strange how some people can't have fun unless alcohol is involved...sad really.

Sad maybe but alcohol and food sales in tourist destinations show a clear desire to enjoy such sad things on holiday, is t that what Patong caters to? If not why are there so many full bars and restaurants in normal times? If it’s sad and not true should no have any bearing on slowing down tourists from going to Phuket, so we can expect thousands and thousands coming in less than a month, let’s see if it’s sad or fun????