How to prove that you have been fully vaccinated-Sandbox Phuket

ORIGINAL STORY: On one hand Phuket officials are extending restrictions to control the Covid situation, and on the other hand the TAT is talking up the July reopening  of the southern Thai island.
On Friday the CCSA and PM gave permission for the island’s “no quarantine” reopening to go ahead. The plan has not yet been included in the Royal Gazette approaching the July 1 deadline to reopen to international travel

• Officials have maintained that 70% of the local population must be vaccinated before the reopening but only around 25% have been fully vaccinated
 whilst the flow of vaccines
 promised for the island appear to have been diverted to current ‘hot spots’ (Bangkok) at this time

The Thai PM, and the CCSA, have confirmed that Phuket’s re-opening WILL happen on July 1. This confirms months of insistence that the plan will go ahead.
 The confirmation comes against a background of daily new infections in the country of over 2,000 and ongoing confusion about the country’s vaccine roll out.Saturday’s Thailand Covid report HERE. According to the Tourism Authority of Thailand announcement, people arriving in Phuket will need to be fully vaccinated, produce a negative test when they arrive in the province, along with another test on the fifth day of their visit, all at their cost.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. How foreigners prove that you are fully vaccinated?

2 .Instead of a 14 day mandatory ASQ hotel.....you must stay 7 days in a SHA-Hotel (Phuket)
3 .My understanding is that you need to book a flight to Phuket directly (NOT transitting at Bangkok)
    Qatar Airways has direct flights from Doha to Phuket -Operated by : Qatar AirwaysQR  0840 (not on the list?)

4. On day 5 you need a TEST again on your own cost...How much? 

I have been vaccinated twice (astrazenica) ,but there is NO official document yet,only papers with batchnumber/name/vacinne.date
Every country is not same,so how you can proof?

9 minutes ago, MICHAELDUTCH said:

I have been vaccinated twice (astrazenica) ,but there is NO official document yet,only papers with batchnumber/name/vacinne.date

Your local Thai Embassy should put this information on their website once they know themselves. You could try phoning or emailing them.

44 minutes ago, nkg said:
57 minutes ago, MICHAELDUTCH said:

Your local Thai Embassy should put this information on their website once they know themselves. You could try phoning or emailing them.

There is a CCSA meeting on 2nd which should cover the Phuket SandBox plans, I’m guessing we will see confirmation of the information which has currently be released which is quite thin on details. 

My guess is that while Thailand remains under Emergency Decree that the CoE process will still be in place. 

Part of the process involved in receiving the CoE will be providing conformation of vaccination. 

I imagine the Thai Embassy in each country will be (or become) familiar with the vaccination in each county. Additionally, while many country are simply providing a ’batch number etc’ their digital records will be updated, but I don’t know how this an be checked with the current restrictions on freedoms of information. 

Thus: for the UK for example I suspect a copy of the vaccination card itself will be sufficient. 

It has Name, Batch Number, Date. 

Of course it can be fabricated like everything else, but so can Insurance documents, ASQ bookings etc.

• Like 2

I don't think it's going to work regardless of what is posted to royal gazette.

I see the traveler fronting up to the airport and the person doing the ticketing not allowing boarding pass because so many rules about getting on to plane to Thailand.

The notion one airport will have some special exemption will get lost in the drama.

I'd never chance it. If you're local and using it as a backdoor in I doubt as farang you'll get off the island.

Why go to Phuket now? Rain, waters dangerous, can't go to PhangNha and Krabi to national park.

This applies to any inbound passenger in any county...with bs vax app can you imagine how much additional time it will take to enter countries? Thailand has always had horrible lines. 100 people? Add 125 minutes. That's an additional two hours

Edited by kynikoi
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, richard_smith237 said:

Travel into Thailand has worked under the Emergency Decree with the requirement of CoE, insurance documents, TM8 forms, Thailand Plus app etc....   So many rules have existed already, this is not really any different. 

Thats quite some paranoia. The duration of 7 days is quite clear as is the information stating the freedom to travel anywhere in Thailand after 7 days. 

Because the option to do 7 days on 50km x 20km Island is a far more attractive option than 5m x 6m hotel room for 15 days and potentially a lot cheaper too. 

The arrivals under the current conditions have been quite efficient, there is no reason to consider why there would be significant additional time spent to pass through the arrival process. 

It's quite clear you don’t really know what you are discussing and have instead chosen to voice some ill informed and irrational paranoia instead. 

It's all paranoia until you're the dummy standing at the ticket counter and not being issued a boarding pass.

My thought is why bother?? Doubly so for Europeans and Americans who now have lovely weather.

Phuket plan is an utter joke. Thai government sure to muck it up somehow.

People don't NEED to holiday here lol. You've missed that point entirely.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, kynikoi said:

It's all paranoia until you're the dummy standing at the ticket counter and not being issued a boarding pass.

My thought is why bother?? Doubly so for Europeans and Americans who now have lovely weather.

For me its not a Holiday...........i am married and have a wife and daughter
Not seen them for 10 month.
I not care the bars.restaurants,girls or beach
Just want go quick and easy back to my wife

I fully understand that the government rules can change daily
Then i will do the 14 day ASQ in Bangkok..................but cheaper + faster is Phuket
Only the airline DOHA-PHUKET is NOT on the list of semi commercial flights....Qatar AirwaysQR  0840 
You can not transit DOHA-BKK-PHUKET

2 minutes ago, MICHAELDUTCH said:

For me its not a Holiday...........i am married and have a wife and daughter
Not seen them for 10 month.
I not care the bars.restaurants,girls or beach
Just want go quick and easy back to my wife

I fully understand that the government rules can change daily
Then i will do the 14 day ASQ in Bangkok..................but cheaper + faster is Phuket
Only the airline DOHA-PHUKET is NOT on the list of semi commercial flights....Qatar AirwaysQR  0840 
You can not transit DOHA-BKK-PHUKET

Not making much sense of this post.

I'm happy for you if that works out. I just don't think it's going to work for a variety of reasons regarding mass tourism.

Your account is also full of many uncertainties. Tourists, why bother?

1 hour ago, Poet said:

Most advanced countries, apart from the EU, already have some form of verification app.

????????????

Most advanced countries have a verification app?   Can you name more than one country?  Here in the US all we get is a plain paper card with the vaccine hand written on it.  No talk at all of anything else like an app in the future.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, kynikoi said:
4 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Emergency Decree

Do you know any other nations with an EMERGENCY DECREE?

Just curious.

China and Japan's restrictions a bit problematic.

Whether or not other nations have any entry and travel restrictions is wholly irrelevant - But you are also wrong, try getting into many nations is extremely difficult at the moment and require similar entry permissions to Thailand. 

A number of countries declared a State Of Emergency (similar to Thailands Emergency Decree), many are still under the same condition.

What other countries are doing is irrelevant if your concern is getting into Thailand.

But, if you want to complain because you think Thailand is making it ‘extra difficult’ for you then you should find some facts before ‘getting it wrong’..... Thailand is most certainly not alone in its response. 

33 minutes ago, MICHAELDUTCH said:

1.You only "quarantaine" (not really) for just 7 days
2.The Hotel costs are 50% less then the ASQ Hotels in Bangkok + you must stay 14 days!
3.After 7 days,i am free to go.........and that will be BANGKOK ,where my wife lives
4.A plane ticket from Phuket to BKK is less the 1000 baht
(1 minus point = you must pay on day 5 the cost of the test),,,i think thai charge you 3.000 bht

All together you will save 10-15.000 baht + 1 week less quarantaine
You be back Phuket-Bangkok in 1h 25 minutes

Why i should pay 30.000-40.000 baht for 2 weeks "prison" + 3 TESTS

You seem to have missed the multiple news stories that have said you will have to book a 7 day package tour to visit phuket that will cost between 150,000 and 200,000 baht.

https://www.traveloffpath.com/phuket-still-on-for-july-reopening-despite-thailands-surge/

• Confused 2

2 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Whether or not other nations have any entry and travel restrictions is wholly irrelevant - But you are also wrong, try getting into many nations is extremely difficult at the moment and require similar entry permissions to Thailand. 

A number of countries declared a State Of Emergency (similar to Thailands Emergency Decree), many are still under the same condition.

What other countries are doing is irrelevant if your concern is getting into Thailand.

But, if you want to complain because you think Thailand is making it ‘extra difficult’ for you then you should find some facts before ‘getting it wrong’..... Thailand is most certainly not alone in its response. 

You didn't cite one. I honestly cited two.

I'm honestly just curious. It's not an attack on you.

I think Thailand has most difficult inbound procedure in the world put in place when they had kept the virus at bay.

Having been fully vaccinated and all the stupid paperwork and quarantine. That's insane. It can never get better than that. Therefore, military government will keep this in place forever. Not because of science but money.

31 minutes ago, kynikoi said:

So you wont do something just in case something goes wrong ???

There have been ‘lots of dummy’s’ so far... who’ve stood at the check-in counter (its not a ticket counter by the way) and have been issued boarding passes and travelled to Thailand without issue so your paranoia has already been proven wrong multiple times daily for the past 11 months. 

Other nationalities also travel - Chinese, Singaporeans, Indonesians, Koreans, Japanese, Malaysians, Qatari’s, Emaratis etc etc all used to travel to Thailand because it was close by. 

Opening up Phuket allows these tourists to return easily. I’m not sure if they will, some may but that also depends on the criteria for their return. 

Its a start and a step in the right direction.  As soon as the Phuket model goes well, we’ll see other areas opening up soon enough Thailand will be opened to vaccinated travellers without quarantine. 

People ‘want’ to get back to as normal as possible - thats the whole point, these steps of re-opening the country move towards that goal. 

Why are you even reading a Thailand based forum if you are not interested in being here ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, kynikoi said:

You didn't cite one. I honestly cited two.

I'm honestly just curious. It's not an attack on you.

I think Thailand has most difficult inbound procedure in the world put in place when they had kept the virus at bay.

Having been fully vaccinated and all the stupid paperwork and quarantine. That's insane. It can never get better than that. Therefore, military government will keep this in place forever. Not because of science but money.

There are still a lot of countries its very difficult to get into... Quickly, off the top my my head; Malaysia, Singapore, Qatar....   You wont be able to at all unless you have employment sponsorship there....  

A quick google will show a lot more.

2 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Why are you even reading a Thailand based forum if you are not interested in being here ?

I'm here. In Bangkok. Now. I really don't care if tourists come back. I don't care anything for Phuket. Prefer PhangNha islands. Krabi, Trang hell even Satun.

You have some agenda most likely a business but whatever.

I'm just stating objectively that the sandbox isn't a model for anything. Tourists aren't going to that stupid, scam island with all the travel drama, in the wet season. The issue is moot because covid is raging.

Further, maybe being in Phuket and not Bangkok you don't see or feel the whole thing getting worse and not better. An hour ago TV posted Thai government concerns they are losing the fight against covid-19. It's not even started.

Phuket is a powerful province but in the end you can't fight the military government.

I bet it won't even be approved given the trajectory of the virus and govt with it's hand up it's ass

3 hours ago, Phillip9 said:
4 hours ago, MICHAELDUTCH said:

1.You only "quarantaine" (not really) for just 7 days
2.The Hotel costs are 50% less then the ASQ Hotels in Bangkok + you must stay 14 days!
3.After 7 days,i am free to go.........and that will be BANGKOK ,where my wife lives
4.A plane ticket from Phuket to BKK is less the 1000 baht
(1 minus point = you must pay on day 5 the cost of the test),,,i think thai charge you 3.000 bht

All together you will save 10-15.000 baht + 1 week less quarantaine
You be back Phuket-Bangkok in 1h 25 minutes

Why i should pay 30.000-40.000 baht for 2 weeks "prison" + 3 TESTS

Expand  

You seem to have missed the multiple news stories that have said you will have to book a 7 day package tour to visit phuket that will cost between 150,000 and 200,000 baht.

https://www.traveloffpath.com/phuket-still-on-for-july-reopening-despite-thailands-surge/

That information has since been proven incorrect. 

Any SHA approved hotel can be stayed at...  Many (most) hotels in Phuket now have that approval rating. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Poet said:

All the major countries have agreed to display:

1. Country

2. First shot date.

3. Second shot date.

4. Type of vaccine.

OK, so Thailand says you must be vaccinated less than a year before and 14 days after vaccination. BUT , what happens if your booster jab is say 3 days ago ? Do you go by your last booster jab or your first two ? 

What if you get just the one shot jab ?You cannot put second.

Whole flaming thing is so much in the air as to be almost unworkable

1 minute ago, kynikoi said:

I'm here. In Bangkok. Now. I really don't care if tourists come back. I don't care anything for Phuket. Prefer PhangNha islands. Krabi, Trang hell even Satun.

You have some agenda most likely a business but whatever.

I too am in Bangkok.

I have no agenda other than correcting misinformation and countering someones irrational paranoia... Also a wish to get back to normal as soon as is safe. 

I'm just stating objectively that the sandbox isn't a model for anything. Tourists aren't going to that stupid, scam island with all the travel drama, in the wet season. The issue is moot because covid is raging.

The Sandbox model seems very much as though Thailand is preparing to take steps in the right direction. 

I’m not sure how well Phuket will do, but whatever it is, it will be an improvement than the current situation. 

Further, maybe being in Phuket and not Bangkok you don't see or feel the whole thing getting worse and not better. An hour ago TV posted Thai government concerns they are losing the fight against covid-19. It's not even started.

I’m in Bangkok and see the same news you do, perhaps through a less paranoid sense. 

Phuket is a powerful province but in the end you can't fight the military government.

I bet it won't even be approved given the trajectory of the virus and govt with it's hand up it's ass

We’ll see. There are steps to take to ensure that 70% of the islands population is vaccinated. 

The government have already announced they are behind this scheme. 

IF the Phuket Sandbox model doesn’t result in an explosion of Covid-19 cases in Phuket I can see the similar model being rolled out nationwide whereby anyone who is vaccinated can travel into Thailand freely. This could happen as early as August or September. 

If that goes well I can see the Emergency decree lifted by the end of September. 

Much of this of course depends on the vaccination program of course. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

OK, so Thailand says you must be vaccinated less than a year before and 14 days after vaccination. BUT , what happens if your booster jab is say 3 days ago ? Do you go by your last booster jab or your first two ? 

Vaccinated more than 14 days before travel = having received the Second (booster) vaccination more than 14 days before travel into Thailand (and less than a year ago).

As the Janssen vaccine is a single dose vaccines, its obvious that this is all thats required (more than 14 days before travel into Thailand).

7 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Vaccinated more than 14 days before travel = having received the Second (booster) vaccination more than 14 days before travel into Thailand (and less than a year ago).

You are missing my point - I have two regular jabs - Feb and April - so covered to next year. BUT - as was my question - If I get a UK autumn booster jab on say October 1st , can I come October 2nd , as I am already covered by the first two jabs, though the booster was on 24 hours before. 

Thailand in theory would be asking me NOT to get a booster or risk being banned !!

7 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

If I get a UK autumn booster jab on say October 1st , can I come October 2nd , as I am already covered by the first two jabs, though the booster was on 24 hours before. 

Why are you even thinking so far ahead?  No one knows what the requirements will be next month yet.  Maybe Thailand will make some rule for your scenario once people are getting boosters.  Who knows....

To all the Aussies out there, if you have been vaccinated twice, Medicare will provide you an official record of your vaccination, i have it already, in triplicate, just in case...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

The arrivals under the current conditions have been quite efficient, there is no reason to consider why there would be significant additional time spent to pass through the arrival process. 

When we came back less than a month ago , was the easiest airport arrival in Thailand in 14 years, very professional, very efficient, We were in and out of the airport in 45 minutes,

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Phillip9 said:

Most advanced countries have a verification app?   Can you name more than one country?

Yes. Denmark, UK, Israel, Estonia.

Here in the US all we get is a plain paper card with the vaccine hand written on it.

I said "advanced countries".

Edited by Poet
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RichardColeman said:

OK, so Thailand says you must be vaccinated less than a year before and 14 days after vaccination

A year is the current safe guess for the minimum amount of time the vaccine-acquired immunity will last. Most experts think at least two years, some suggest the immune response could last a lifetime. I expect this will be pushed out before the first people reach one year, if only because the focus for the next few years will be getting the limited supply of vaccines to people who have not yet received any jabs at all.

I believe the 14-day wait for innoculation, after the final jab, applies to Moderna, AstraZeneca, and Moderna. Pfizer is 7 days, but countries might well standardize on 14 days for all vaccines.

BUT , what happens if your booster jab is say 3 days ago ? Do you go by your last booster jab or your first two ?

Your booster extends your current immunity, so, you are already innoculated, there is no wait.

We don't yet know enough about how boosters will impact immunity. This is not the same as pumping gas into a car. Each successive exposure to the vaccine could more thoroughly embed the memory into your immune system. It could well be the case that one booster copper-fastens your immunity for years.

The cert lists the type of vaccine, so, obviously, everyone knows that the J&J is a one-shot.

Mankind has the ability to fly these huge metal vehicles for thousands of miles through the sky. Designing a vaccine verification system is hardly beyond our capabilities.

• Like 1

I still have mine and update it when I get vaccinated.  I intend bring it when or where I get my Covid 19 Vaccine(probably at my Costco Pharmacy in Los Angeles County).  I believe most developed countries offer a similar type of vaccination record to it's citizens? 

s-l400.jpg

33 minutes ago, Poet said:

Here in the US all we get is a plain paper card with the vaccine hand written on it.

I said "advanced countries".

Strange that the US is not "advanced" in your view when it was US companies that developed all of the best vaccines that everyone in the world is begging to buy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1