How to prove that you have been fully vaccinated-Sandbox Phuket

11 hours ago, MICHAELDUTCH said:

3 .My understanding is that you need to book a flight to Phuket directly (NOT transitting at Bangkok)
    Qatar Airways has direct flights from Doha to Phuket -Operated by : Qatar AirwaysQR  0840 (not on the list?)

You might be looking at the semi-commercial flight list?  This TAT graphic is not perfect, but will give a better idea of what's available.

Capture.JPG.3a9777a14c58ca724d15293149fa576d.JPG

ETA:  It's not yet clear if transit in BKK will be permitted.  An area in Concourse E has been set aside for transits and may be used.

Edited by treetops
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Phillip9 said:

You seem to have missed the multiple news stories that have said you will have to book a 7 day package tour to visit phuket that will cost between 150,000 and 200,000 baht.

https://www.traveloffpath.com/phuket-still-on-for-july-reopening-despite-thailands-surge/

I think you are wrong...that has been changed

What is this “7-Day Tour Package” about?? Is it required or what?

May 25, 2021 at 05:40 AM

@Chris G, no it isn’t. You can book your own travel (air and hotel) to Phuket for considerably less money.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Resident Alien said:

Friend of mine arrived in the Netherlands back from work, and 3 weeks later he was with his wife in Thailand.

All paper work, tests and ASQ done in this time. No complaints from him and happy to be back in Thailand with his wife.

This 'not seen them for x months' is not necessary. Maybe spent few Euro's is not worth it for you to be with your wife?

Do not complain and wait for things to improve or returning to TH to be cheaper then now if you really want to be with your family in Thailand.

Just spent the xxxxx THB and go back to Thailand. Assume your family would be happy with that.

If you select a reasonable ASQ, it is not as bad as a prison in Thailand. Maybe you have not followed the news here lately. Maybe when you share your ASQ room with 30 or 40 others, you may call it prison.

Enjoy your travel back to Thailand.

I agree
I was just considering 1 week "quaraintine" in Phuket,which is probably better and quicker then the 15 day ASQ in Bangkok.
But i agree to your respons

8 hours ago, RichardColeman said:
9 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Vaccinated more than 14 days before travel = having received the Second (booster) vaccination more than 14 days before travel into Thailand (and less than a year ago).

You are missing my point - I have two regular jabs - Feb and April - so covered to next year. BUT - as was my question - If I get a UK autumn booster jab on say October 1st , can I come October 2nd , as I am already covered by the first two jabs, though the booster was on 24 hours before. 

Thailand in theory would be asking me NOT to get a booster or risk being banned !!

You are adding complexity to a very simple issue. 

IF your initial vaccinations (Primary Injection and Secondary Injection) were administered less than one year ago there is no restriction on travel. 

Why would you even need to present information of your booster (3rd) vaccination ?..... you’d just be confusing the issue. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Resident Alien said:
10 hours ago, MICHAELDUTCH said:

For me its not a Holiday...........i am married and have a wife and daughter
Not seen them for 10 month.

Friend of mine arrived in the Netherlands back from work, and 3 weeks later he was with his wife in Thailand.

All paper work, tests and ASQ done in this time. No complaints from him and happy to be back in Thailand with his wife.

This 'not seen them for x months' is not necessary. Maybe spent few Euro's is not worth it for you to be with your wife?

Do not complain and wait for things to improve or returning to TH to be cheaper then now if you really want to be with your family in Thailand.

Just spent the xxxxx THB and go back to Thailand. Assume your family would be happy with that.

If you select a reasonable ASQ, it is not as bad as a prison in Thailand. Maybe you have not followed the news here lately. Maybe when you share your ASQ room with 30 or 40 others, you may call it prison.

Enjoy your travel back to Thailand.

I travelled away to work in late Feb 2020.... while I was away Thailand shut down, I travelled back with a CoE in July 2020 and made it back to my family after 5 months away. 

I travelled away to work again in late December 2020 (knowing I’d be away for a while due to quarantine requirements etc) and returned on 1st April (10 day quarantine). 

With the correct documentation the CoE process is relatively simple. As ‘Resident Alien’ stated, this I’ve not seen my family for xx months is really unnecessary unless paying for ASQ is the showstopper or you are not legally married (no Marriage Certificate etc), in which there is still the possibility to enter on a tourist visa or even tourist exempt then apply for Covid extensions. 

44 minutes ago, MICHAELDUTCH said:

I agree
I was just considering 1 week "quaraintine" in Phuket,which is probably better and quicker then the 15 day ASQ in Bangkok.
But i agree to your respons

If this 1 week SandBox Phuket Island quarantine does come into effect its a game changer for many of us. 

Its a far more palatable option for anyone returning to Thailand - its cheaper and of course a lot easier and quicker. 

---------

If this Sandbox model is proven to work with any reliability I may even travel back to the UK for a summer break there so Grandfather and Grandmother and spend a little time with their Grandson after a couple of years of absence - I’m currently watching ’this space’ but it looks more like Christmas travel will be the viable option.

5 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

IF your initial vaccinations (Primary Injection and Secondary Injection) were administered less than one year ago there is no restriction on travel. 

Why would you even need to present information of your booster (3rd) vaccination ?..... you’d just be confusing the issue. 

because the west is getting near to booster roll outs, certainly they will be around when Thailand opens up again late this year. The matter needs sorting, as there will be chaos in immigration if people have to try and explain they are covered by previous jabs prior to their booster that was less than 14 days previously, unless it is mandated in Thai regulations. Just want it cleared up - as it stands I would lie about my booster !

59 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:
1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

Expand  

because the west is getting near to booster roll outs, certainly they will be around when Thailand opens up again late this year. The matter needs sorting, as there will be chaos in immigration if people have to try and explain they are covered by previous jabs prior to their booster that was less than 14 days previously, unless it is mandated in Thai regulations. Just want it cleared up - as it stands I would lie about my booster !

The issue is moot. 

It would make sense that at some point in the future Thailand wants proof of a yearly booster.

But, the reason for the 14 day wait is ensure the most effective ‘vaccine immunity’ which is believed to take two weeks after the second vaccination. 

A booster is just a booster, a vaccinated person is already ‘vaccine immune’ thus any discussion regarding a 14 day moratorium before travelling after further boosters (3rd or 4th Injections and so on) is moot. 

Current regulations (as per the proposed SandBox Model and previously with the 7 day quarantine) were in reference to the primary vaccinations.

You wouldn’t be lying at all, you clearly meet those requirements. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Poet said:

Not sure why it is taking the EU so long but the citizens of most EU countries should have an app by the end of July. Most will not be innoculated by then anyway.

Most WILL have the jab by then. EU vaccines supplies have increased massively over the last few weeks. Here in Portugal, they are moving on to 40+ age group next week and 30+ the week after that. 

The entire EU is expected to reach 70% of the adult population by end of July or early August

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mr_lob said:

Most WILL have the jab by then.

I believe you mean that over 50% of adults in the EU will have had their first jab. The phrase I used, "innoculated", means having had both jabs AND the two weeks necessary to reach best possible immunity. This is the level we are talking about, the status you need to reach for other countries to be happy to accept your vaccine certificate instead of tests and quarantines.

EU vaccines supplies have increased massively over the last few weeks.

Yes, Pfizer has been doing a great job on deliveries. The problem now is that every EU country has more vaccines going into storage than into arms. Expanding the scale of the operation is difficult.

Here in Portugal, they are moving on to 40+ age group next week and 30+ the week after that. 

Portugal may be performing better than the EU average, but if they are only starting to give first jabs to the 40s next week (a week into June), there is no way they will start on the 30s until at least July - there is a massive demographic bump in the 40-44 group that will take a lot longer to get through than all the older five-year ranges. As you go down the age ranges, the number of people in each range increases.

Bear in mind, also, that those who have already had AstraZeneca may have to wait 12 or 16 weeks for their second jab and, then, a further two weeks to reach best possible innoculation.

The entire EU is expected to reach 70% of the adult population by end of July or early August

First jabs possibly. Fully-vaccinated and the additional two weeks for best possible innoculation, rendering the vaccine certificates useful? No.

Also, current polls suggest that there is already too much vaccine hesitancy to reach 70% unless you also vaccinate children. Not every nationality within the EU is as enthusiastic.

Edited by Poet

9 hours ago, Phillip9 said:

Strange that the US is not "advanced" in your view when it was US companies that developed all of the best vaccines that everyone in the world is begging to buy.

Pfizer is merely distributing the vaccine that Biontech, a German company, created. Moderna is largely based on the work of a Hungarian scientist.

The US is advanced in some ways, but schlerotic in others. Exhibit One: the US banking system.

13 hours ago, Phillip9 said:

????????????

Most advanced countries have a verification app?   Can you name more than one country?  Here in the US all we get is a plain paper card with the vaccine hand written on it.  No talk at all of anything else like an app in the future.

Poet said ADVANCED countries, clearly USA does not meet that description.

55 minutes ago, Poet said:

Bear in mind, also, that those who have already had AstraZeneca may have to wait 12 or 16 weeks for their second jab and, then, a further two weeks to reach best possible innoculation.

Not in the Netherlands.Astrazenica now much availble and stored.Interval between 4-6 weeks
1.5 million people vaccinated per week.(maybe we are more lucky)
Also age 40 + starting.Drastic drop in infections last 4 weeks.Holland opens up 
I think this is happening in almost all EU countries

Just look at the video by Thaiger about Sandbox Phuket and in coming 2 weeks we will see
exactly what the "new requirements" will be.
If the Sandbox will fail...then 15 day ASQ in Bangkok

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1crnyW3jfo4

As of now for July you will still need CoE from your local Thai embassy / consulate.

So you have to upload the vaccine documents including flight booking and SHA+ hotel reservation.

Thailand hasn't updated its according websites yet including a search for SHA+ hotels.

And that just four weeks before the proposed start of Phuket Sandbox model....

2 hours ago, Poet said:

Pfizer is merely distributing the vaccine that Biontech, a German company, created.

You seem to have forgotten that pfizer did all of the clinical trials, created and scaled up the manufacturing process, and is the company actually manufacturing a billion plus doses this year.   No EU company was advanced enough to do any of that.

17 hours ago, treetops said:

You might be looking at the semi-commercial flight list?  This TAT graphic is not perfect, but will give a better idea of what's available.

Capture.JPG.3a9777a14c58ca724d15293149fa576d.JPG

ETA:  It's not yet clear if transit in BKK will be permitted.  An area in Concourse E has been set aside for transits and may be used.

There  important differences between non-stop and "direct" flights though many inexperienced air travelers use the terms interchangeably (incorrect)  

The Thai authorities have not  indicated if vaccinated international arrivals will be allowed to mix with local BKK boarding passengers on domestic sectors in the sandbox model.

Edited by Captain Monday

2 hours ago, Poet said:
11 hours ago, Phillip9 said:

No EU company was advanced enough to do any of that.

Astrazeneca.

There is a good reason why biontech didn't choose astrazeneca as their partner.  Astrazeneca has no mRNA manufacturing expertise.   And look at the botched job they did running their clinical trials--they accidentally gave half their trial participants the wrong dose.  

12 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

There  important differences between non-stop and "direct" flights though many inexperienced air travelers use the terms interchangeably (incorrect)

Even TAT have botched it up in their information.  Qatar Airways will have one flight per day arriving.

12 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

The Thai authorities have not  indicated if vaccinated international arrivals will be allowed to mix with local BKK boarding passengers on domestic sectors in the sandbox model.

They've got an area in Concourse E at BKK for separating out transit passengers.  I guess they could be bussed from there to a domestic flight if there's no dedicated flight?