Thailand reports new daily record of 5,485 new COVID-19 cases, 19 new deaths

webfact

6 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Surely todays data comes in as 1/7th of the plot. The smoothing effect helps to see the trend. If the next 3 or 4 days are also high it will be very apparent. 

What I was referring to was the stats from ourworldindata charts are only up until the 29th May so we need to wait another 2 days for these figures to catch up and be reflected in the chart

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Why would anything to do with a global pandemic be "good news"?  It's all bad, but at least not as bad as some people feared.  Hopefully the spike can be attributed to the factory outbreaks and they can be contained.   

Factories, construction camps and areas, Talad Markets, and wherever any large groups may gather.  Add in the fact that people then travel and continue the covid spread into homes and communities as has been happening.  I wonder what the true number is of folks not seeking medical care.  It is enough of a concern here in Bangkok that it has already been discussed and brought forth at the government level.  I will be waiting for the BMA to put squads together to go neighborhood to neighborhood to check on people.

• Like 2

Just now, ThailandRyan said:

Factories, construction camps and areas, Talad Markets, and wherever any large groups may gather.  Add in the fact that people then travel and continue the covid spread into homes and communities as has been happening.  I wonder what the true number is of folks not seeking medical care.  It is enough of a concern here in Bangkok that it has already been discussed and brought forth at the government level.  I will be waiting for the BMA to put squads together to go neighborhood to neighborhood to check on people.

I'm sure you're right.  Most cases still seem to be asymptomatic so I don't blame them for not seeking medical care, if it will result in incarceration in a "field hospital"!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Opening up?  Most things are open, at least here in Bangkok they are.  The only things still firmly closed are parks, pools and schools (and obviously bars & clubs).

I am talking about keeping bars and clubs closed. Parks not so much. Lot of people seem to want the pubs open.

• Like 1

Just now, Bkk Brian said:

What I was referring to was the stats from ourworldindata charts are only up until the 29th May so we need to wait another 2 days for these figures to catch up and be reflected in the chart

Yes I get caught out with some off the UK data which is not current...

Patients admitted

Latest data provided on 25 May 2021

Daily
Last 7 days
arrow 164 (23.2%)Change from previous 7 days (12 May 2021 – 18 May 2021)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AndyFoxy said:

But....but.....some forum members said the numbers are stable or going down. How could this be?

I am not one of those people you mention but I believe it reveals more about yourself that during a serious event, your primary instinct is to crow ‘I told you so’.

Edited by onthedarkside
flame comment removed
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

That would be fantastic news!   We had an email from my son's school to this effect, but they said official confirmation was still being waited for.

That's the information we had from the GF's daughters school, and then the Channel 32 news also had a quick story on it as they showed families shopping for school uniforms.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, club said:

I see where they are pushing the one jab nonsense.  

Wow, have they been telling the public that?  Where is this "Thai people think one jab is enough" idea coming from?

Edited by fondue zoo
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Just heard news that schools here in Bangkok will be opening up on the 14th, so in 2 weeks.  Someone please correct me if I am wrong.  

I think this will be pushed out again to 1st Jul. for greater BKK. It will be up to individual provinces elsewhere. We'll have to wait and see. Who kows with this mob.

Edited by dinsdale
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

I'm sure you're right.  Most cases still seem to be asymptomatic so I don't blame them for not seeking medical care, if it will result in incarceration in a "field hospital"!

and more important they are infectious, better to test them and tell them to stay at home but of course they don't have a system like that in place 

4 minutes ago, fondue zoo said:

Wow, have they been telling the public that?  Where is this "Thai people think one jab is enough" idea coming from?

The government should be pushing back on <deleted> like this . Unless they agree with it

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, fondue zoo said:

Well it starts with the government. They are the people I have seen emphasizing “vaccinations” when in reality referring to just the first jab. The governor in Phuket did the same when claiming that 50% of the island is vaccinated.

They want to be able to proclaim what a great job they are doing on vaccinations. A short cut to being able to do that is to focus on the first jab and call it a “vaccination”. The second jab part of the process gets quietly forgotten about.

it worries me to be honest. Extrapolating out 3 months and both population and government will have convinced themselves they are on the path to herd immunity based off one jab only.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, fondue zoo said:

perhaps telling the people rather than asking them in a poll would be a better idea but then that would be admitting to the colossal government failure and they wouldn't want to do that would they

- oh you mean I need another jab to be fully vaccinated 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, smedly said:

perhaps telling the people rather than asking them in a poll would be a better idea but then that would be admitting to the colossal government failure and they wouldn't want to do that would they

- oh you mean I need another jab to be fully vaccinated 

yep