Thailand reports new daily record of 5,485 new COVID-19 cases, 19 new deaths

webfact

10 minutes ago, phills2k1 said:

You honestly seem like an intelligent person, which makes it that much more insane how every single day you miss the patently obvious point of what us "doomsayers" are saying

None of us have said that it's going to be like walking dead on the streets, or like the scenes in India (which you keep implying that we're saying). Our entire point has been and is that there's absolutely zero chance for even the slightest semblance of normalcy in the city / country with how things were handled once the Thong Lor cluster formed, how it's been handled in the country since, and how it's being handled moving forward (in every single aspect)

Yet every single day you come in here with some sort of egregious spin on the situation while also completely changing what we've been saying, to try to give your ridiculous spin spin more credibility

But I guess if being that wrong and that disingenuous to a bunch of people on the internet is what helps you cope, then you do you my guy

You lost me on the first line. ????

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, phills2k1 said:

You honestly seem like an intelligent person, which makes it that much more insane how every single day you miss the patently obvious point of what us "doomsayers" are saying

None of us have said that it's going to be like walking dead on the streets, or like the scenes in India (which you keep implying that we're saying). Our entire point has been and is that there's absolutely zero chance for even the slightest semblance of normalcy in the city / country with how things were handled once the Thong Lor cluster formed, how it's been handled in the country since, and how it's being handled moving forward (in every single aspect)

Yet every single day you come in here with some sort of egregious spin on the situation while also completely changing what we've been saying, to try to give your ridiculous spin spin more credibility

But I guess if being that wrong and that disingenuous to a bunch of people on the internet is what helps you cope, then you do you my guy

let’s hope the numbers in the coming days aren’t so good for you.

and, we still don’t know anything about today’s spike.

Edited by onthedarkside
personal comment removed
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 2

44 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

They are then using the term they have vaccinated them, yet to be truly vaccinated one must have both doses.  I know semantics.

Garbage. There is no such thing as "truly vaccinated", it is an individual response.

An 85% figure does not mean you are 85% protected. It means that 85 out of 100 people checked had a good response to the vaccine, and 15 people had an inadequate response. Every possibility some of the 15 could have 10 doses and they would be no better protected.

Which ever way you look at it, it is a lottery where you do not want a winning ticket.

• Confused 7
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Later today, today's 5,485 total new cases total will be added onto the chart below, which shows how Thailand's cases/trends have been  faring.

Today's daily record high general population cases total of 3,532 will be added to the blue and yellow areas below, along with the latest prison cases in the gray sections.

Today's total new cases would be a record high for Thailand (and probably deserves to be), eclipsed only by the 9,635 tally of May 17, which included a multi-day accumulation of prison cases. But that's still what the official statistics will show.

Screenshot_11.jpg.3c9f2c21e6292b414e70861ca3d78cfd.jpg

Just a tip for those who like to use the work spike. The 13th and 17th of May are spikes within the trend line. Today will not be a spike as of yet as it continues along a trend line increase. 

• Like 2

Thai restauranteurs struggle to stay afloat amid rising infections

Covid-19 will forever change the restaurant business as many eateries are forced to close.

The current wave of the pandemic is expected to wipe out hundreds of struggling restaurants following the government’s decision to restrict dining in and operating hours in the “dark red” zones, Bangkok among them, where the virus has been spreading quickly since early April.

Restaurateur Kamol Trisitthichet, the owner of the 79-year-old Chinese restaurant Arlek Ratchawongse, told Thai PBS World that he has lost half a million baht since the pandemic arrived in Thailand. He said that the restrictions on dining in had really hurt his business because most of the dishes he serves are traditional Chinese and must be consumed hot and freshly cooked. “Take-away or online deliveries aren’t recommended and my regular customers know well that I am against it,” he said.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thai-restauranteurs-struggle-to-stay-afloat-amid-rising-infections/

10 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Just a tip for those who like to use the work spike. The 13th and 17th of May are spikes within the trend line. Today will not be a spike as of yet as it continues along a trend line increase. 

These are iceberg numbers what you see is not all there is and the danger is what lurks beneath.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, phills2k1 said:

Everything we've been saying, from the moment of that Thong Lor cluster where we were basically begging for a full lockdown and to cancel Songkran, through now, has been to save lives and to save the country. There's not a single person here who would've enjoyed the necessary restrictions. Not one.  Everything we've said has been done so selflessly for the good of everyone else, for the current and to prevent whatever the worst case scenario may be

Meanwhile people like you are doing the exact opposite, making incorrect if not flat out facetious arguments and spin on reality.

And then to top it off, you have the gall to accuse us of enjoying being right. Instead of being a respectful adult that says, "you know what? I was wrong. I'm sorry", you act like the worst kind of trumper and make the hideous accusation that we're happy about this death and destruction because it means the logical and obvious points we've been making happened to be correct

Let’s see where the numbers go... Perhaps today’s numbers are a blip, or an artifact of some delayed report.

if they represent an upward trend, that would be a bad thing.

8 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Thai restauranteurs struggle to stay afloat amid rising infections

Covid-19 will forever change the restaurant business as many eateries are forced to close.

The current wave of the pandemic is expected to wipe out hundreds of struggling restaurants following the government’s decision to restrict dining in and operating hours in the “dark red” zones, Bangkok among them, where the virus has been spreading quickly since early April.

Restaurateur Kamol Trisitthichet, the owner of the 79-year-old Chinese restaurant Arlek Ratchawongse, told Thai PBS World that he has lost half a million baht since the pandemic arrived in Thailand. He said that the restrictions on dining in had really hurt his business because most of the dishes he serves are traditional Chinese and must be consumed hot and freshly cooked. “Take-away or online deliveries aren’t recommended and my regular customers know well that I am against it,” he said.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thai-restauranteurs-struggle-to-stay-afloat-amid-rising-infections/

I sympathizewith this guy and other restaurateurs. But he should understand, there’s a global pandemic going on. He has to adapt some of his dishes and his attitudes toward online deliveries.

I don’t pretend to know his business dynamics but the situation it is what it is and it seems he has to compromise on his principles a bit.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, dinsdale said:

You just don't get it. Open your eyes, look at the chart again, start at April 1 until now and then tell us all the numbers aren't trending UP.

From April 1 to about April 23, there was a spike. From April 23 to yesterday, the numbers were stable, in a narrow range. Today, there is another spike. We’ll see if it’s a trend or not.

1 minute ago, wensiensheng said:

Yup. Quite possibly a blip or artifact, absolutely nothing to do with all the factory clusters that we have been reading about. That would be absurd.

If today’s numbers represent some new hotspots in factories, that is bad, but manageable. If the numbers represent high positivity in wide areas, that would be very bad.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Some flaming comments have been removed from various posts above.... Please keep your comments civil, focus on the topic, and avoid personal comments to fellow forum members.

Rule: You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming)

AND

No public discussion is allowed with regard to other forum members

Happening now: Thai PM

presents the 2022 draft budget bill to parliament, weighing in at 3.1 trillion Baht ($99bn), 186bn Baht less than the 2021 budget. It includes an emergency fund of 89 billion Baht for issues related to #COVID19 and its economic fallout.

https://twitter.com/SaksithCNA/status/1399203903434985476