Right of way in a unmarked 4-way intersection

2 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

People never like the truth, especially privileged farangs.  English native speakers seem to think that all none English speaking countries should conform to their needs.  How very Colonial and imperialist. 

Exactly. Sadly quite a lot on here.

• Like 2

On 5/31/2021 at 11:04 PM, Kwasaki said:

In Thailand it's who gets there first regardless of any laws.

Take care out there take on board and observe Thai drivers habits to stay safe.

Yep, this is how the it works here.

I always give way to everyone.

I'm never in a hurry when I'm on the roads.

Give yourself plenty of time to get from A to B

Occasionally I come across a Thai that cuts me off or similar, I always give them a smile or wave.

We make mistakes occasionally and no one is perfect.

Saying that I do get angry with aggressive foreigner on the roads, they regularly do stupid things like blowing their horn and yelling out. I do take the time to make comment  to these foreigners, I yell at them to grow up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Victornoir said:

Always the same rude sarcasm that can be read on all forums since the dawn of internet time.

You think you are funny but for me are many others, you are just useless.

not a fan of humour then? Lighten up mate. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

People never like the truth, especially privileged farangs.  English native speakers seem to think that all none English speaking countries should conform to their needs.  How very Colonial and imperialist. 

The Pratosaur escaped the disaster 65 million years ago and has roamed the earth ever since.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, connda said:

That makes sense.
If two minor roads (like sois) intersect the person on the left has the right of way.
If a minor road intersects a "principle roadway" then the vehicle on the principle roadway has the right of way. 

And nice to know about the roundabouts.  Traffic entering must yield to traffic in the center.

Thanks for that answer and the links to the “Road Traffic Act, B.E. 2522”.  ????

But you must be aware that how traffic actually goes has little to do with what the laws state.  Never assume right of way here.

21 hours ago, Tuvoc said:

In the UK, you give way to traffic on your right. Is that the same here ?  I'm slightly confused by the above. It is a question I've had for a while, but it seems that whoever is most aggressive wins, if you hesitate then the other driver takes advantage. 

On roundabouts, well I'm incredulous. Normally if you're already on the roundabout you have right of way, but here people just barge in !

If cars already in the roundabout don't have right of way, and entering cars do so without consideration of traffic already in the roundabout, then the roundabout would clog up in no time, with nobody being able to exit OR enter. Happened to me every morning in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. What happens then is that one or two Saudis get out of their cars and direct the traffic, gesticulating to cars to reverse, go over a kerb or two, etc etc. After 5-6 minutes it's all sorted - only to reoccur ten minutes later, especially during rush hour traffic. Third World syndrome.

On 6/2/2021 at 10:06 AM, VocalNeal said:

How many roundabouts are there in Thailand. 

All hypothetical!

two around me and the one in Bang Saray needs to be treated with great caution.