Yingluck hits back after Prayut criticism over rice-pledging scheme

webfact

2 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

It always comes back to this doesn't it: democracy is a failure if it produces a government which is not aligned with my opinions, and/or with which I do not approve.

How astonishingly arrogant, and in this context, as far as the quote goes, so demeaning of the Thai electorate as to be, I would suggest, racist!

Democracy doesn't work when rich people who don't represent the people are allowed to stand for election.

(people who go to private schools, use private health care, and live in expensive homes apart from the general population)

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

Democracy doesn't work when rich people who don't represent the people are allowed to stand for election.

(people who go to private schools, use private health care, and live in expensive homes apart from the general population)

Yes it does, if they are the people who the electorate genuinely choose. If they subsequently realise it is/was not the best choice then they vote them out.

The whole point is that you cannot qualify votes based either on your opinion of the voter ( stupid, ignorant, uneducated) or of the candidate ( went to private schools, use private health care, and live in expensive homes).

• Thanks 1