Applying for O & A visa tomorrow

Can someone please tell me approximately how many days does it take to receive O & A retirement visa after I apply at immigration office..Thank you ????????????

• Confused 2

You cannot apply for a OA visa at immigration. They are only issued by Thai embassies and official consulates in you home country.

You can apply for a 90 day non-o visa or a one year extension of stay based upon retirement at immigration.

A non-o visa requires about 2 weeks to be issued. Extensions of stay are normally completed on the same day you apply for it.

• Thanks 1

Thank you.yes I am currently in Thailand.i entered last year and my O & A visa expired,And I have been using the extensions since then.I have all my proof showing income for 12 months and insurance.I have the retirement visa.Thanks

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Tee00 said:

Thank you.yes I am currently in Thailand.i entered last year and my O & A visa expired,And I have been using the extensions since then.I have all my proof showing income for 12 months and insurance.I have the retirement visa.Thanks

Again confusing. In fact the guy that emoji confused is switched on poster.

I think you mean that you have been obtaining covid 60 day extensions? And now wish to apply for 12 month extension based on retirement. Also using income method. 65k per month. etc.

So back to your OP, if that's the case the 12 month extension will be issued on the spot.

There is no under consideration period for extensions based on retirement.

11 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

I think you mean that you have been obtaining covid 60 day extensions?

But if he used his non-OA visa last year in order to gain entry into Thailand before it expired, he would surely have been given a 12-month permission to stay which will presumably be shortly expiring?

14 hours ago, Tee00 said:

And I have been using the extensions since then.

You certainly seem to have muddied the waters good and proper with this particular expression! In these circumstances could you please confirm explicitly and categorically (for the avoidance of any further doubt) as to whether or not the situation is, in fact, as I have surmised in my response to DrJack54 above?

Edited by OJAS
  • Like 2